Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

Dorsey's talent would be wasted in the 3-4

we should grab one of the Longs

I like Matty Ice...but using a first overall pick on a QB is very risky...the only way I could see us taking Ryan is if we trade down a few spots and he is still on the board. I still would take Chris Long first or Dorsey.

I like Matty Ice...but using a first overall pick on a QB is very risky...the only way I could see us taking Ryan is if we trade down a few spots and he is still on the board. I still would take Chris Long first or Dorsey.

WTF??? Why not just pick make sure we get him at #1??? U risk losing him to STL or ATL if we trade down at all. Matt Ryan is the best "long term" investment. He plays the game's most important position and u want to invest ur money on the one position that "most" teams invest that type of money in: a QB. It makes all the sense in the world.

WTF??? Why not just pick make sure we get him at #1??? U risk losing him to STL or ATL if we trade down at all. Matt Ryan is the best "long term" investment. He plays the game's most important position and u want to invest ur money on the one position that "most" teams invest that type of money in: a QB. It makes all the sense in the world.

I would rather take Chad Henne in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, and he'd be a steal at the top of the 4th. The guy is a player and has all the tools, including a great arm- I don't think that he's as accurate as Beck, though. I still think that Beck will be the guy, but we need some depth if Green doesn't come back. In a perfect world I would love to slide down in the 1st, pick up Gosder Cherilius, Jeff Otah, or Sam Baker with the 1st pick in the second, and pick up a stud defensive player in the late 2nd- DB, DL, LB, take your pick, maybe Erin Henderson or Jonathan Goff. 4th rd- maybe that CB from Iowa, I think that his name is Charles Godfrey. I like that undersized DE/OLB from UCLA, too, Bruce Davis. I've had my eye on OT Heath Benedict for a while, I'd like to grab him, too.

Oh, by the way, if we can't trade down in the 1st I think that we should take the best player in the draft, Darren McFadden. Fire away.

BECAUSE I think we have to listen to what other teams may offer us.....we have to take the fully alloted ten minutes when we draft....you never know if Jerry Jones or someone else might offer us the world for our #1 overall pick. We need much more than just a starting QB....we have tons of needs, and I think extra picks would be just as nice as getting a QB like Ryan.

If we are 3-4 Chris Long is our pick if he can play OLB. If we consider playing 4-3 Dorsey is the better choice. At least as far as defense goes. On offense Ryan Clady and Jake Long will be considered. But I think when all is said and done Parcells will want to go with Matt Ryan. On one hand he's more of a prototype QB then the one we have and on the other its a final nail in the coffin for the Cameron regime. Right or wrong Beck represents Cameron and Mueller and the QB right or wrong is the face of the team

I don't see Chris Long playing OLB. The guy is a prototype 280 lb. defensive end.

BECAUSE I think we have to listen to what other teams may offer us.....we have to take the fully alloted ten minutes when we draft....you never know if Jerry Jones or someone else might offer us the world for our #1 overall pick. We need much more than just a starting QB....we have tons of needs, and I think extra picks would be just as nice as getting a QB like Ryan.

jerry jones? i dont want to know anything that jones would have to say during the 1st round of the nfl draft. we need to stick to our #1 overall pick and pick the player that we cant afford to lose, be it Matt Ryan or Jake Long.

Can Jerry Jones offer anything that can still get us one of them? No. So I wouldnt want to hear from Jones until at least the #57 pick.

Absolutely, YES! And he most likely will be. Matt Ryan or Jake Long will be the two most likely names called #1 overall.

You mentioned the wrong Long. I could see Jake Long falling out of the top 5...

Back
Top Bottom