Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

Collegefootballrivals.com obviously doesnt know what the hell they are talking about

and that should be the number 1 pick, not a overated fat dt and a matt roth clone...

and that should be the number 1 pick, not a overated fat dt and a matt roth clone...

OMG...did you just say Glenn Dorsey was an over rated fat dt..and Chris Long a Matt Roth clone? How much have you watched of either one.

I wouldnt be upset with wither Dorsey or Long..but Im leaning to liking Long more. Hes gonna be a beast.

No offense, But I could give a rats ( o ) what any of these mocks say. They have no clue as to what we're gonna do, so me personally, I don't even bother looking at them. JMO

Matt Ryan doesn't seem to be a better option than Beck at this point. Flacco in the late second early Third might be a better option. This would create some nice QB competition and possibly someone to groom for 2 seasons. His measurables are great, he just may need sit back 2 years to get the feel of the NFL speed, cause D-1AA is very hard to translate to the pros.

Explain to me how Glenn Dorsey and Chris Long are overrated.
if you saw the UF-LSU game you wouldnt be asking. i know he was hurt a lot last year - but to warrant a #1 overall pick you gotta be better. long is sick though.

if you saw the UF-LSU game you wouldnt be asking. i know he was hurt a lot last year - but to warrant a #1 overall pick you gotta be better. long is sick though.

How much better can you get as a DT? The man had seven sacks on the season. And are you seriously using only ONE game to say he shouldn't be number 1 overall? Especially a game where he actually had to be doubled teamed throughout the whole game?

How much better can you get as a DT? The man had seven sacks on the season. And are you seriously using only ONE game to say he shouldn't be number 1 overall? Especially a game where he actually had to be doubled teamed throughout the whole game?
i will admit when he was good he was spectacular. but other than that when he didnt do great he vanished. i saw him in more than a few games last year disappear when he wasnt even getting double teamed. first round talent definitely. #1 overall talent - i think not.

i will admit when he was good he was spectacular. but other than that when he didnt do great he vanished. i saw him in more than a few games last year disappear when he wasnt even getting double teamed. first round talent definitely. #1 overall talent - i think not.

Clenn Dorsey doesn't vanish often, if at all.

i dont think we should go for a QB in the first round. like i said a couple of post before hand that this is the problem with this organization we give up on players after just one year. you have to give people some time.

Let me reiterate what cnc said ............ NO

Why would we pick a QB 1st overall. We have too many needs to fill to have to unproven Rooks sitting the pine. We have Beck and Parcells likes to use a Veteran. Look to Bill bringing in a veteran for Beck to compete against. Now who that veteran will be is the question.

Dorsey overrated? Come on..

When teams build gameplans on offense to minimalize a DT, you're looking at a special ball player, one who's FAR from overrated.

More to build off this, many quality coaches stated if this guy played ANYWHERE but DT, he'd have won the Heisman this year hands down.

Long or Dorsey, I really don't have a preference. Good thing is, the Phins can't go wrong picking either.

As for Ryan, maybe if the Dolphins trade down I wouldn't be against the idea.. But at #1 overall over either of the Longs or Dorsey? Hell no.

Back
Top Bottom