Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

I mention Gholston as another example of the the guy we're apparently looking at Long to become - the next JT. I'm still not sold on Long being able to make the transition quickly and painlessly.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I think Bill and I will go with Al Groh on this one.

To answer the question: no, Matt Ryan will not be selected at #1 by the Miami Dolphins. If we want AJ Feely back on the team, all we have to do is ship another 2nd rounder back to Philly.

If we fix the O-Line, I believe we are going to see a HUGE difference in offensive production, and the rest of the picks should go towards rebuilding an aging defense imo. So I say no to Ryan or any other quarterback.

exactly. u see what happened to dallas once their o line collpased in the 2nd half? if u didnt ill tell u, a L instead of a W. i belive at halftime it was 14 14? barber had over 100 yards rushing...thats how big of a diff an O line is. MIAMI seems to ignore that for some stupid reason.

I think its Ryan or Long for our pick. Along wtih the Al Groh connection i believe it is that parcells has. I wouldn't mind iether. Ryan sure why not but we have beck and i rather see him play 1 more year before we draft a QB again and Long can go a long way to helpign this defense. whether its LE or OLB hes a very smart player.

Anything is possible but he would have to blow away everyone with his workouts and interviews. That being said, I would not be in favor of selecting after watching many of his college games.

I don't understand how people believe that Matt Ryan is better then Brian Brohm. Look at the numbers they don't lie. I would like to trade down and nab Brohm with our first selection.

To answer the question: no, Matt Ryan will not be selected at #1 by the Miami Dolphins. If we want AJ Feely back on the team, all we have to do is ship another 2nd rounder back to Philly.

Was AJ Feeley drafted in the top 5? Man you must really think NFL GMs are idiots to have Ryan that high on their list

Was AJ Feeley drafted in the top 5? Man you must really think NFL GMs are idiots to have Ryan that high on their list

Everyone has their own opinions/evaluations, and IMO Ryan won't amount to much more than Feeley. I don't like QBs that throw that many interceptions, that are only productive their senior seasons, that throw off their back foot as often as he does, or that have a silly smile when they do throw an INT. So yes, I think it would be foolish to draft him in the top 10 picks of this draft (especially when you've already got a highly drafted 2nd year QB that grades out better than Ryan IMO). Over time that opinion may turn out to look intelligent or may may me look like an idiot, but that's what the draft is all about... evaluating and projecting players and sometimes being right and other times being wrong (in this case possibly horribly wrong with a Feeley comparison!).

Back in 2005 I had Aaron Rodgers as the #1 guy on my board and someone way ahead of Alex Smith and I was in the minority. The experts thought that Smith was the better QB and Rodgers wasn't top 10 worthy. I think we're far from knowing which evaluation was correct due to Favre's resurgence and Smith's injury problems this year, but at the time I thought SF (and to a lesser degree Miami) was foolish for passing on Rodgers. I don't always go with the majority, which sometimes works out and often times doesn't.

If Parcells/Ireland think Ryan's the guy for our #1 pick then I strongly disagree with that assessment, but I'll hope that this common fan's opinion is wrong and the experts are right.

i thought long and hard about him but the only way i think we draft him would be if we traded out of that # 1 spot and went somewhere in the 8-15 spot...needless to say i think we need to address the defense 1st and foremost.....drafting a qb in the 3rd or 4th rd i have no prb with or maybe addressing it thru free agencey even

i agree we need defense. but heres the problem with this team in my opinion they give up on past draft picks to quickly and they get rid of them, but its not only draft picks that they give up on. players need time to develop, but for some reason if they don't do well in their frist season then they get rid of them. its not even rookies they give up on players stay here one year and then are shown the door. it boggles my mind how past personnel and coaches handled players...

Back
Top Bottom