MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday....

No thanks, our O-line needs to get younger. I dont want a short term solution like Allen, it seems to me like offensive linemen don't "groom" well on the bench. If we want a young, dominant OL we need to draft one and play them for 14+ games. Carey and Hadnot have made huge improvements have they not? Any free agent OL we sign should be in their 20's IMO.

Disgustipate said:
What has Allen really done that's bad? The Jose Cortez incident was questionable, but I've also read that Cortez was being an arse to the long snapper after a failed field goal, and Allen grabbed him by the helmet.

Allen has long been known as a very moody individual and at times very difficult to get along with. Of course, this has likely aided in his ability to such a great player.

As well, he was once accused of raping a woman at knife-point but I do not recall how that matter cleared out. Obviously not much came from it due to the fact he is not in jail.

T Smiles said:
Someone To Look At Did U See Him At The Pro Bowl Hes The Strongest Man In The League 225 Or Whatever It Was 45 Times And He Knows How To Play Guard Saban Forget Ashworth Or Whoever Else Dis Is Our Guy

While he is the strongest man in the league, like half of those reps he didn't even come close to locking out his arms.

thepoolboy said:
Allen has long been known as a very moody individual and at times very difficult to get along with. Of course, this has likely aided in his ability to such a great player.

As well, he was once accused of raping a woman at knife-point but I do not recall how that matter cleared out. Obviously not much came from it due to the fact he is not in jail.

Here's a link to the archived story, it's the fourth story down the page...

http://www.pecos.net/news/arch98a/082898s.htm

Juan Cribbs said:
top level lineman???? he's terrible. ask any cowboys fan.

Actually, I've been looking for the opinion of Cowboy fans, and I've yet to find one who shares your opinion. Most people believe he's still a pretty good player who can still dominate in the trenches, but has lost alot in terms of blocking on the move.

Larry Allen quit caring about football as soon as he signed that last big contract in 2002. He was great in his prime, but you'll have to pop in the VHS tapes to see it. I think he's done, regardless whether another team is foolish enough to fall in love with the reputation.

lets not forget how average our line is, and last year we were just happy they didn't stink. I like picking up Allen. Value added...big time.

I would take him if he still wants to ball, if he doesnt, I will not overpay for him.

I don't see us paying him what he's proabably going to want. He was cut because of 3.5 million dollar cap hit this year, and we are not going to pay that much. I am saying that based on Nick Saban's history. Add this to the long list of high priced veterans that Nick is not going to get eventhough everyone wants.

Why does everyone want us to pick up all of these older veteran players with higher salary's instead of lower priced guys that will fill the position for the next few years while Saban builds this team through the draft.

Back
Top Bottom