MERGED: According to rotoworld Jets to sign Tomlinson and trade for Marshall! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: According to rotoworld Jets to sign Tomlinson and trade for Marshall!

I would be more concerned with Thomas Jones. LT was cut by a team in desperate need of a RB.

I was more worried about Thomas too.

The NFL channel have played that little highlight clip of LT a million times the past few weeks.

It's a run where he gets into the secondary and someone flies past him just barely grazing him and he drops to the ground like a duck that's been shot out of the sky.

I am looking forward to seeing LT upset and whining to the media like he always seems to do, after we beat the jests twice,

AGAIN.

LT is now an acronym for Looking Tired. YPC the last 4 years has dropped from 5.2 to 4.7 to 3.8 to 3.3...at that rate he should average about 2.5 ypc this year.

I guess Sproles is looking tired too as he went from over 5 yards a carry in '08 to 3.7 in '09.

LT is obviously not what he used to be, but the chargers run blocking is not what the Jets run blocking is. He's going to be a guy we ask to take about 10 carries a game, and probably take the goal line carries. He's still got that nose for the end zone that we lost in TJ.

Umm, why would anyone be scared? They just cut a 1200 yard rusher to sign a washed up LT.
TJ wore down at the end of the season and looked finished. He just had the most carries in his career at 31 years old. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be washed up in '10.

Naw, the Jets had a better RB in Thomas Jones. But, the Jets O-line makes any RB dangerous, so as far as Fantasy Football is concerned, I'll def. be looking at Tomlinson this year. But he's not any more scary than Thomas Jones. I am pretty scared of a Braylon, Brandon combo, even if Mark Sanchez is a little overrated.

I've never liked Tomlinson and this doesn't make me like him any more. Congratulations, Jets! You just got yourself the next version of Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal and Tony Dorsett as a Bronco!

Shonn Greene should be the feature back but LT is going to steal carries from him.

Don't expect anything special from LT. Maybe a thousand-yard season.

Shonn Greene should be the feature back but LT is going to steal carries from him.

Don't expect anything special from LT. Maybe a thousand-yard season.

I doubt he gets 1000 yards. I'm guessing somewhere in the 700-800 range, but I think he'll have double digit TD's.

Homer-post of the day so far. Congrats :err:
I take offense to being called a homer sir,probably the most disrespectful thing you can call me over the internet....

how am I am homer for saying paying over $140M in one off-season('08),and having absolutely nothing to show for it?

That past offseason, the Jets doled out more than $140 million in free agency and trades,signing Faneca,linebacker Calvin Pace and right tackle Damien Woody, and obtaining nose tackle Kris Jenkins in a trade with Carolina.

Then in the '09 draft,they traded up to #5 to get a QB(jury's still out on Sanchez,but I actually liked the move,but thats besides the point),although it was for basically nothing.Acquired Braylon Edwards a few months later,prior to that trading for Lito Sheppard,only to release him a year later.Then they come back and sign Bart Scott to a rediculous contract.Now this off-season,they sign LT,traded for an overrated cornerback in Cromartie,and now their trying to get Brandon Marshall...

Has any of their past transactions worked in the past??? no...why would they work now...

If there ever was a definition of trying to "buy a championship",a picture of the Jets would be right beside it....

if your a dolphins fan and you tell me that the addition of LT and possibly marshall to the jets team doesn't scare you... I'm sorry but I have to say your kidding yourself.

Lt isn't 25 anymore for sure, but I see this as a bounce back year. and god help me if they get marshall. we won't stand a chance.

oh crap we are in trouble, and all we got was dansby, come on bill

Back
Top Bottom