Merged: Belichick... No Class | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Belichick... No Class

why did mangini and BB fight? i neer understood that part.
The rumor was Mangini tried to steal away some of BB's coaches and he didn't like that too much. I believe he said some nice things about him after they beat them last week though to squash the beef.

New England is the most unimpressive great team of all-time. How many opponents are going to basically hand them the game? Then the media gives them all the credit, and calls Tom Brady, Joe Montana. I don't remember Montana throwing three picks in a big playoff game. Bye the way, Marlon Mcree, knock the ball down on 4th and 5. Don't pick it off, dumba@@.

...or it's because he felt that Mangini and the Jets tampered with Deion Branch. Remember that?

I think it was more a series of things Mangini pulled after he had accepted the jets job. He stole scouting reports from the pats facility, talked to players that were coming up for FA who were not starters to coming to the jets with the promise they would be starters. The tampering with Deion Branch and trying to steal away some of the coaching staff. All of those think that Belichicks good friend pulled soured Bill on Mangini. Crennel never pulled that much underhanded stuff but then again he wasn't going to be an indivision rival coach either. I don't blame bill for despising the stuff Mangini did.

A main reason the Pats are so good, and a bunch of you guys can shake your heads and disagree. But it comes down to "CHARACTER PLAYERS". They don't have the Ricky Williams types, or the Randy McMichael types, or even the Daunte "love boat" Cullpepper types.

I'm not saying the Pats are a bunch of alter boys. Not by any means, but their star players and guys they count on week in and week out......are good people!!! They care about winning, they keep their nose clean, and they lead by example. You get yourself enough of those players and in the end good things will occur. It's more than 40 times and verticle leaps and stats. Finding "good character people" is key!

Corey Dillon?

Who cares, the guy is by far the best coach in the league. Where are those during the offseason that said Gibbs was a better coach?

pretty good example of what mikeo was talking about...

Ray Lewis, 2000, Baltimore Ravens. I can not think of a bigger, more negative distraction than a double murder trial. Yet, this POS still played great football and won the SB.

Back
Top Bottom