Merged: Belichick... No Class | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Belichick... No Class

Merriman got what he deserved

LT said what happened was after the game one of their players or several of them (I heard it was Hobbs) were doing the lights out dance in the middle of the field, and he went over and had some words for them, so the pats players were trying to break it up, saying that's not like you to get mad, etc.

Afterwards he says it isn't like him, he's a classy dude, but you don't disrespect them in their house. I agree with what he said but don't care Since merriman has no class. sending JT the lights out tshirt and popcorn to a legend in the game.

And then a few days later making a comment to the north county times that JT can keep the trophy as long as he keeps losing.
I can feel the pain of LT,but I had a smirk on my face seeing the Patriot players doing the Lights Out Dance. Maybe Merriman will stop doing the jerk dance himself. L.T. should have been more concerned about the lack of production from the Steroided up goon Merriman!

The point that many here fail to grasp is if one team consistently makes fewer mistakes than their opponents, makes all the plays when they need to, and capitalize on the other teams' mistakes... then yes, that means they're better.

A main reason the Pats are so good, and a bunch of you guys can shake your heads and disagree. But it comes down to "CHARACTER PLAYERS". They don't have the Ricky Williams types, or the Randy McMichael types, or even the Daunte "love boat" Cullpepper types.

I'm not saying the Pats are a bunch of alter boys. Not by any means, but their star players and guys they count on week in and week out......are good people!!! They care about winning, they keep their nose clean, and they lead by example. You get yourself enough of those players and in the end good things will occur. It's more than 40 times and verticle leaps and stats. Finding "good character people" is key!

I'm sorry but I dont buy this for a second. I agree that its rare to see bad news coming from the Patriots players for off-the-field issues BUT that has nothing to deal with their success. Their coaching, and clutch play ability are their formula for success. Some of the greatest athletes ever have been rotten individuals, and I guarantee you the Patriots have players with faults(as do we all).

i just cant believe it. seriously. the pats seem to get lucky EVERY YEAR. the chargers DB's dropped pics, the recievers dropped passes, that fumble after the pic, i just dont believe it. i really hate tom brady, i hate him with every fiber of my being and i hope he loses at every facet of life but i honestly believe that the man is blessed with an insane luck, i dont know what it is but tom brady and bill belicheck are just so lucky its unbelievable. if the dolphins would've gone 2-14 this year and those 2 wins would've been against the pats i woulda been happy because i hate them, i hate them so much and i hope that the peyton manning can overcome and beat them for once, please do it peyton.

The Pats are the luckiest team I have ever seen. They seem to always get lucky in the big games. I can't believe they recovered that fumble after the INT

i just cant believe it. seriously. the pats seem to get lucky EVERY YEAR. the chargers DB's dropped pics, the recievers dropped passes, that fumble after the pic, i just dont believe it. i really hate tom brady, i hate him with every fiber of my being and i hope he loses at every facet of life but i honestly believe that the man is blessed with an insane luck, i dont know what it is but tom brady and bill belicheck are just so lucky its unbelievable. if the dolphins would've gone 2-14 this year and those 2 wins would've been against the pats i woulda been happy because i hate them, i hate them so much and i hope that the peyton manning can overcome and beat them for once, please do it peyton.
beat me to it

The point that many here fail to grasp is if one team consistently makes fewer mistakes than their opponents, makes all the plays when they need to, and capitalize on the other teams' mistakes... then yes, that means they're better.

I think they understand that.

The point I think you are missing is the odd off the wall play that the Pats always seem to have go their way in these games.

I don't begrudge them one bit..I think Brady is a fabulous QB...and I really have no problem with any of their players...except Rodney Harrison...I really wish him injury...the worst..the better. Rodney Harrison is the scum of the earth. (The stories I have heard about him from NFL players themselves...would make you see him the same way I do)

Bill Belichek is just a very fierce competitor that doesn't look down on cheating to win ...if he had to. A great coach. It also helps that he has Tom Brady.

Who cares about Dillon...he is just a fat washed up shell of his former self runningback...we should pitty him really.

They don't have any more odd-ball plays or calls go their way than any other team. You just don't remember the ones that go against them because they overcome them.

All I Know Is ...
Tom Brady, Caldwell, Gaffney And A Bunch Of No-names Kicked The Crap Out Of Fairryman And His Boys I Thought It Was Very Entertaining!!!!
And As For Marty Becoming The Next Fins Coach..... Get Lost!!!

They don't have any more odd-ball plays or calls go their way than any other team. You just don't remember the ones that go against them because they overcome them.

That's just not true....

The same way that the Boston Red Sox had a history of heartbreak...the Pats have a history of horseshoes up their ***.

it doesn't take away the fact that they are a fabulous team. That is part of their "aura".

[unpopular opinion] Tom Brady really is that good. You can hate him for it if you want, but that's up to you. We are truly watching one of the greatest QBs ever play right now. Call it luck if you need that to comfort you (all winning teams have luck on their side by the way - remember Big Ben's shoestring tackle?), but the man is willing this team through the playoffs. He just refuses to let them lose! I have great appreciation/respect for that.[/unpopular opinion]

Besides, it should make you feel even better knowing that the worst games of his career came at the hands of our beloved Dolphins!:evil:

A main reason the Pats are so good, and a bunch of you guys can shake your heads and disagree. But it comes down to "CHARACTER PLAYERS". They don't have the Ricky Williams types, or the Randy McMichael types, or even the Daunte "love boat" Cullpepper types.

I'm not saying the Pats are a bunch of alter boys. Not by any means, but their star players and guys they count on week in and week out......are good people!!! They care about winning, they keep their nose clean, and they lead by example. You get yourself enough of those players and in the end good things will occur. It's more than 40 times and verticle leaps and stats. Finding "good character people" is key!

They are led by a man who cheated on his wife with another woman who was married herself. He is the scum of the earth as a human. Winning is one thing but please don't tell me that they exemplify character.

It was classless to remove helmets and over-celebrate and mock the Chargers. It was a case of being a sore winner. BB is a winning football coach, but has his share of character flaws, most notably being a "home-wrecker." I'm with LT. He got dissed, why should he put on a happy face and congratulate a bunch of punks acting like fools...he did the best thing, he walked away when he probably wanted to kill them. And good for him calling our BB and the Patsies, super-stars of his status rarely have the ballz to say it like it is...they just try to maintain the image. I'm sure it got Patriot fan's panties in a bunch, but its the truth.

Anyway, I'll be pulling for a Colts-Saints SuperBowl.

That said, doing the Lights Out dance was a TO move and deserves reprimand from a guy like LT

IMO, Merriman's "lights out" dance (and similar dances) is IN AND OF ITSELF, DISRESPECTFUL to the opposition, and disrespectful acts beget additional retalitory disrespectful acts... What's wrong with sacking the qb, high-fiving your teammates and getting your *** back in the defensive huddle and get ready for the next play? Why do we have to COPYWRIGHT a catch-phrase and dance? Geeze! Merriman deserves to be disrespcted...

Back
Top Bottom