Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Blackout Expected For Local Television

This has already been mentioned today. However, I don't know if it was pointed out that the team has until 1:00 PM today to sell out. If it isn't, local TV will not show the game. It is times like these that I am glad to have Direct TV and live out of state.

http://www.finheaven.com/news/2578/

that's miami fans for ya...i'll be there :)

Does this apply to DirecTV Sunday Ticket customers? Cause if it does i'm going to be pissed! :yell:

Kenny_Stang said:
Does this apply to DirecTV Sunday Ticket customers? Cause if it does i'm going to be pissed! :yell:

Don't you live in Texas or something? This only affects those in the Miami area. :lol:

Kenny_Stang said:
Only if you live in Miami. Out of staters don't have to worry about ticket sales when it comes to Direct TV.

byroan said:
Don't you live in Texas or something? This only affects those in the Miami area. :lol:

Yeah. LoL. Still, if I was in Miami I would be at every game... what's wrong with Miami fans?!?!?! :fire:

I'd be at every game too if I was in Miami. Most Miami fans don't live there. Miami is a very diverse city.

Makes no sense to me,TV and DHL buy out the preseason games to put them on TV but not the home opener?? I don't buy it, it's puffing by the front office,I expect the same to happen for this game.Plus they should get a blackout extension due to the holiday.....

I'll be at the game like always... They'll prolly extend the deadline like they always do, and then the game will sell out. Thats my guess. :goof:

i think if you pay for direct ticket, you should get the games, even if you live in Miami.

If you pay for it, you are paying for Direct TV's license to broadcast the game from the NFL - IMO that should sacrifice all the NFL's rights to the games - that's what DirectTV pays the NFL millions for.

side note - what does the NFL do with all the money it makes? the teams pay the players, the teams pay the NFL to have games, a portion of ticket sales and stuff goes to pay refs. What exactly does the NFL do with all that money???

I know we all love this site, but I have been to Buffalo,Minny and Miami and Miami was the quietest stadium by far. The fans on Miami do not seem to be as passionate as other teams have

Back
Top Bottom