Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

MikeO said:
Name me one bad team that draws on a regular basis?

Green Bay

and I heard 30 minutes ago on 98.7 FM here in Palm Beach that the game has been declared a sellout.

Adam First said:
Green Bay

and I heard 30 minutes ago on 98.7 FM here in Palm Beach that the game has been declared a sellout.

Green Bay is bad? :shakeno:

Honestly I couldn't give two ****s outside of Buffalo sports (and divison rivals)

But I had to respond to the Sabres bankrupt comment.

So having a crooked owner shows that the city is a bandwagon? A local billionaire bought the team, I fail to see how they're on the brink anymore.

Crisis said:
So having a crooked owner shows that the city is a bandwagon? A local billionaire bought the team, I fail to see how they're on the brink anymore.

NO, the fans not showing up when the team isn't winning shows they are a bandwagon! Isn't that your criteria? Isn't that what you have been pointing out all day!:shakeno:

MikeO said:
NO, the fans not showing up when the team isn't winning shows they are a bandwagon! Isn't that your criteria? Isn't that what you have been pointing out all day!:shakeno:

No, I'm wondering how the hell the Sabres being closed to bankrupt a couple years ago because of a CROOKED OWNER has anything to do with the fans.

Crisis said:
No, I'm wondering how the hell the Sabres being closed to bankrupt a couple years ago because of a CROOKED OWNER has anything to do with the fans.

They didn't show up to watch the games.

MikeO said:
They didn't show up to watch the games.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The Sabres previous owner Rigas stole millions and essentially screwed the Sabres over.

The Sabres have a small arena capacity wise...But the team was doing fine until Rigas got caught.

The Sabres fanbase has nothing to do with a crooked owner. There's no connection at all.

Crisis said:
Apples and oranges.

You can't compare a small market team to Miami.

Miami had a sell-out streak because they were winning. Team stinks up the joint and look what happened.

Buffalo has done nothing since the early 90's and are still among the league's best. While the Dolphins haven't done anything in awhile either, you always are playoff contenders. Hell a few years ago a bad year for you was 9-7.

Miami and Buffalo are nowhere near comparable situations.

An NFL team is an NFL team. Comparing them is all you can do if you want to come up with average attendance.

You also forget that the people who live in Buffalo are mostly those who's families are from Buffalo all their lives. Miami is full of immigrants from other Countries, and States, and especially New Yorkers!!

As for Billy being among the best since the early 90's. Think again because when they suck the fans don't go. It happened in the 90's, and in the 2000's! Don't make me break out every years attendance please. Just trust me on it.

My point is your calling Miami a bandwagon City, which I don't disagree with, but it's the same with almost every sports team, and in every City, and especially the Buffalo Bills. So face it, Billy is a bandwagon town TOO!!

can somebody please move this team to philly, the people down there are too spoiled with boobs on the beach

Ozzy said:
An NFL team is an NFL team. Comparing them is all you can do if you want to come up with average attendance.

You also forget that the people who live in Buffalo are mostly those who's families are from Buffalo all their lives. Miami is full of immigrants from other Countries, and States, and especially New Yorkers!!

As for Billy being among the best since the early 90's. Think again because when they suck the fans don't go. It happened in the 90's, and in the 2000's! Don't make me break out every years attendance please. Just trust me on it.

My point is your calling Miami a bandwagon City, which I don't disagree with, but it's the same with almost every sports team, and in every City, and especially the Buffalo Bills. So face it, Billy is a bandwagon town TOO!!

Look at the Bills attendance during the Gregg Williams years. Enough said. Debate over!

Game, set, match OZZY! :lol:

Ozzy said:

No way is Buffalo a bandwagon town.

If the Bills were to ever leave (knock on wood) Buffalo would be completely off the map.

The Bills are huge in Buffalo- win or lose.

I don't need attendance records to support it. Anyone whose been to Buffalo can tell this place is all about the Bills and Sabres. (Although I admit the Sabres are falling after the strike and lack of moves in FA...but we're still recovering from Rigas)

JTaylor99 said:
Not all of us can afford to go to every game. What about us, we're not good enough to watch the games. Most people that are wishing for the blackouts to be lifted cant afford to go to games. Beleive me if I could afford it I'd be there every week. But I'm 16 with no job, no car, and a father who likes the Bills.

Being 16 makes me feel for you but I've been finding a way to games since I was 12, and never once did my dad pay for me. I know your not me, and again, I do feel bad about it, but not bad enough to be OK with 10,000 people not showing up. There is always radio.

What I want is the stadium full, and having it on TV, having the TV stations buy remaining tickets gives people reasons to just stay home.

Crisis said:
No way is Buffalo a bandwagon town.

If the Bills were to ever leave (knock on wood) Buffalo would be completely off the map.

The Bills are huge in Buffalo- win or lose.

I don't need attendance records to support it. Anyone whose been to Buffalo can tell this place is all about the Bills and Sabres. (Although I admit the Sabres are falling after the strike and lack of moves in FA...but we're still recovering from Rigas)

I dunno, I have seen a Finheaven sign at the stadium there.... it's not ALL about the Bills and Sabre's !!!

Back
Top Bottom