Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

WharfRat said:
I'd rather live in my area of NJ than just about anywhere...

QUOTE]
I read an article a long time ago that said if you stopped all commerce at the borders of the states, the most independant of all would be NJ. Apparently you have energy resources, raw materials and a lot of agriculture. I was really surprised.

WharfRat said:
Dolphins Stadium has a higher capacity than Buffalo... still more people at the games... it's easier to "sell-out" a smaller stadium.

What's the population difference between Buffalo and Miami?

Most of Miami's sell outs are a company looking for more pub.

Crisis said:
Whatever. I just got home, don't keep tabs on your news.

I'm glad you guys can barely sell out a home opener in time. Don't worry though, you're not the worst in-state team when it comes to sell-outs.

I still stand by the fact that Miami is a band-wagon city. That's a fact.

You seem to be overlooking something. Like the fact that Billy does the same exact thing, and worse. Miami had a sellout streak of over 40 games up until last year, while Billy was working on a streak of 11.

Here is something else for ya.......

In 2004 the Bills' per game average was 71,800, down from 73,015 in 2003. The average per game attendance across the NFL in 2004 was 66,409.

The Bills, who finished with a 9-7 record, sold out seven of eight regular season home dates. The lone exception was the Oct. 31 game versus Arizona, which drew a season-low 65,887 at Ralph Wilson Stadium. :eek:

Now what do you have to say about this Crisis on your hands?

MikeO said:
Almost every city is a bandwagon city. SOME NFL teams like Washington, Cleveland, Pitt....they sell out no matter what. But about 26 of the 32 NFL teams are bandwagon city's.

Bottom line. Miami was 4-12 last year. Aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. People aren't going to spend money on tickets to watch a bad team play.

HOLY MOLY !!!!!!

Someone else actually gets it!!!

Miami actually spent money on tickets last year too. They just did not show up.

For the last 6 years they have sold over 585,000 tickets each year.

cnc66 said:
WharfRat said:
I'd rather live in my area of NJ than just about anywhere...

QUOTE]
I read an article a long time ago that said if you stopped all commerce at the borders of the states, the most independant of all would be NJ. Apparently you have energy resources, raw materials and a lot of agriculture. I was really surprised.

They don't call it the Garden State because we grow oil refineries! :D

You may be surprised to know that NJ is the Blueberry and Cranberry producing capital of the country... we also grow some of the best Tomatos you'll ever find!

Crisis said:
Like I said...

The difference is most of Miami's sell-outs the stadium still isn't full.

Buying tickets and filling seats are different things.

Hmmmm....

Well then tell me what happened to Billy in 1985, when they averaged 37,893 seats SOLD per game. That's tickets bought, so I'll go ahead and asume that the actual seats filled were LESS!!!

You just keep putting that foot deeper in your mouth.

Ozzy said:
You seem to be overlooking something. Like the fact that Billy does the same exact thing, and worse. Miami had a sellout streak of over 40 games up until last year, while Billy was working on a streak of 11.

Here is something else for ya.......

In 2004 the Bills' per game average was 71,800, down from 73,015 in 2003. The average per game attendance across the NFL in 2004 was 66,409.

The Bills, who finished with a 9-7 record, sold out seven of eight regular season home dates. The lone exception was the Oct. 31 game versus Arizona, which drew a season-low 65,887 at Ralph Wilson Stadium. :eek:

Now what do you have to say about this Crisis on your hands?

Apples and oranges.

You can't compare a small market team to Miami.

Miami had a sell-out streak because they were winning. Team stinks up the joint and look what happened.

Buffalo has done nothing since the early 90's and are still among the league's best. While the Dolphins haven't done anything in awhile either, you always are playoff contenders. Hell a few years ago a bad year for you was 9-7.

Miami and Buffalo are nowhere near comparable situations.

WharfRat said:
cnc66 said:

You may be surprised to know that NJ is the Blueberry and Cranberry producing capital of the country... we also grow some of the best Tomatos you'll ever find!

I thought Maine was the cranberry capital of the US? There are some nice places in NJ....My Grammie had a house about three blocks from the boardwalk in Wildwood and I would spend a lot of my summers there.....eating water taffee and cotton candy and funnel cakes and trying to win all those arcade games...those were good times. :)

Ozzy said:
Hmmmm....

Well then tell me what happened to Billy in 1985, when they averaged 37,893 seats SOLD per game. That's tickets bought, so I'll go ahead and asume that the actual seats filled were LESS!!!

You just keep putting that foot deeper in your mouth.
So you're picking up on attendance over 2 decades old?

If I recall correctly, the Bills have broke the attendance record for NFL games twice.

WharfRat said:
cnc66 said:

New Jersey beeksteaks are coveted by this Floridian ! mmmmmmmm

Also, the arguement is about Miami as a sports city as a whole.

Miami is a bandwagon city no matter what way you cut it.

Places like Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, Pitts all support their teams better with a smaller fanbase.

How are the Marlins attendace records when they're losing?

So are all you Miami area Fin fans not going to be able to see the game? Can you watch the game from a sports bar or do you have to drive to Vero Beach? That would suck. :cry:

Ozzy said:
I wish that every game the TV stations would not buy the remaining seats up. Just so the fans in the surrounding area can't watch it. They need to be at the stadium, not wishing for the blackouts to be lifted.

Not all of us can afford to go to every game. What about us, we're not good enough to watch the games. Most people that are wishing for the blackouts to be lifted cant afford to go to games. Beleive me if I could afford it I'd be there every week. But I'm 16 with no job, no car, and a father who likes the Bills.

Crisis said:
Also, the arguement is about Miami as a sports city as a whole.

Miami is a bandwagon city no matter what way you cut it.

Places like Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, Pitts all support their teams better with a smaller fanbase.

How are the Marlins attendace records when they're losing?

Every city is a bandwagon city!!! Name me one bad team that draws on a regular basis? You say Cleveland supports their teams. What did the Indians draw in the 1980's when they were terrible? How about the Cavs pre-Lebron? Pitt supports their city? Is that why the Penguins want out of that hell-hole ASAP! Aren't the Sabers on the brink of bankruptcy?

If a team is bad.......people don't go to games. If a team is good......people go to games. There are a few select teams (Redskins, Browns...etc) that sell out no matter what. Only 8 home games, rabid fan base. Ok, but maybe like 8-10 across the board in ALL sports!

Perfect example.......in 1990 or 1991 whenever Parcells took over the Patriots they had 9,000......yes 9,000 season ticket holders. Last night Bob Kraft is over there on national TV screaming how they have the best fan base in all of the NFL! Give me a friggin break. Once that team starts to stink again, they will go back to the days of only 9,000 season ticket holders!

Back
Top Bottom