MERGED: Breaking News Ray Rice released by Ravens. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News Ray Rice released by Ravens.

Zero tolerance is a meaningless catchphrase used by people who are too lazy to think about or evaluate an issue, Shula - you of all people should know that. After all, you can bet if she came at him with a knife or a gun, there would be tolerance (or at least I hope so). Evaluating an action within the context of the situation is something all responsible criminal and civil courts do. But maybe not in the kangaroo court of political correctness and twiiter buzzphrases? Let's just rush to enraged judgement, shall we?

And as for whether it's criminally punishable, why don't we wait for a a criminal court to decide that?

Touche'. I can agree with that sentiment. My response was directed at the video in which I think there should be no acceptance in Rice's actions due to the evidence it provided.

I'll divulge into my personal life in saying that I am in a same situation as Hannah Storm. Why? I have received very similar types of questions from my family referring to the recent and public incidents made by NFL players. It literally hits home. It's a unique perspective which was not available growing up before the age of cell phones and internet. And regardless of the court processes, I am held accountable to my family in what their father and husband supports and deems as acceptable. Therefore, I have no qualms in making "rush" judgements concerning such despicable acts.

Just read that. I haven't really had an opinion on how the NFL handled this because I don't have all the facts but this is a really bad piece of evidence against Goodell. Can't see how he stays commissioner after this.

Question I also have is if it was sent in April...did Baltimore also see it? Should Harbaugh and the rest of the front office in Baltimore be fired?

OK so I was reading OTL report on Ray Rice and the Ravens knew about the incident and saw the video back in February and convinced the local police in Atlantic City to drop the charges and also petitioned the Commissioner for leniency and a 2 game suspension. Harbaugh saw the tape and wanted to cut Ray Rice on the spot but the owner and the team president and GM didn't want to and they started the wheels of deception.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...l-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Back
Top Bottom