Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback

so tebow can speak his opinion about religoun but chad henne an NFL QB cant speak his mind about a college QB coming into the nfl when specifically asked in a radio interview. he told the truth and then put it to rest. tebow is not an nfl qb.. guess what. its true. he isn't. could he be? maybe. is he? not yet. dont ask the opinion if u dont want the truth. otherwise whats the point of interviewing?

also football is about rivalry.. competition.. men. take the criticism from someone who's where you want to be, going on 3rd year in the nfl.. starting QB for the miami dolphins. he may not be the most qualified to make the calls, but then thats the interviewers fault for asking him and no his QB coach isnt it? they asked his specific opinion based on what he has seen of tebow and what he knows now after transitioning into the nfl, and a new starter. a real football player wont take that to heart, he'll take it as a challenge, which is exactly what tebow is doing. fuel to the fire. working on his game. giving it a shot, going for the gold. at the end of the day it doesnt matter what henne thinks, do what you feel is right and try ur hardest, no1 is knocking you for that, but henne is definitely entitled to his opinion. just as tebow is his, just as we are on this debate as to whether the comment was out of line or not

I think they both have the right to their views but that doesn't mean that they should express them openly under certain settings....

Did anybody ask him if Pat White is an NFL Quaterback, I would like to see his answer to that.

the truth hurts. as soon as ESPN, and the rest of the media stop busting a chub for the guy they will see. Is he a great guy....sure. Did he enjoy alot of success in a dink and dunk offense...absolutely. Will he be a great NFL QB....no. At best I think he will be a backup. There are other QB's in this draft that have better throwing mechanics than Tebow.....as much as it pains me to say it...Jonathan Crompton is one of them

the truth hurts. as soon as ESPN, and the rest of the media stop busting a chub for the guy they will see. Is he a great guy....sure. Did he enjoy alot of success in a dink and dunk offense...absolutely. Will he be a great NFL QB....no. At best I think he will be a backup. There are other QB's in this draft that have better throwing mechanics than Tebow.....as much as it pains me to say it...Jonathan Crompton is one of them

Even though I am not a Tebow fan per se, I do recognize that the guy is willing to put in the necessary work to overcome any shortcomings that he has. He may eventually become a solid NFL QB. It will not happen in the very near (<2 years) future....

Even though I am not a Tebow fan per se, I do recognize that the guy is willing to put in the necessary work to overcome any shortcomings that he has. He may eventually become a solid NFL QB. It will not happen in the very near (<2 years) future....
He is Jared Lorenzen version 2.0

He is Jared Lorenzen version 2.0

Nah, he's faster and quicker than Lorenzen.... :D

Seriously though, you could very well be right but the guy's work ethic does speak for itself. If there is any way for him to improve through work, he will. Obviously talent level will come into play more in the NFL...

Last edited by a moderator:
If he really said that I would be dissapointed dont bash on another guy just worry about yourself, he could of avoided the question with no comment bad move Henne you have more class then that i guess they asked you the question at the wrong time I hope he apologizes if he said that , I wish nothing but the best for tebow since their are so many haters, i still love our qb henne but i think that was a low blow i hope he appologizes
Henne didn't exactly tear it up either.He did just "OK" in his first full-time stint as our signal caller.I really like the arm strength I see in him,and I think he has the smarts to go with it.....but in no way,has he deserved the right to even voice an opinion on Tebow.Henne is a work in progress himself,so I just don't get it,that he's coming down on a player....and has absolutely ZERO an idea of how he'll(Tebow)do.Nobody knows....and personally I'm rooting for the kid to be a huge success,and am rooting for him all the way(unless the puke green/white draft him)!!! :ponder:

Henne didn't exactly tear it up either.He did just "OK" in his first full-time stint as our signal caller.I really like the arm strength I see in him,and I think he has the smarts to go with it.....but in no way,has he deserved the right to even voice an opinion on Tebow.Henne is a work in progress himself,so I just don't get it,that he's coming down on a player....and has absolutely ZERO an idea of how he'll(Tebow)do.Nobody knows....and personally I'm rooting for the kid to be a huge success,and am rooting for him all the way(unless the puke green/white draft him)!!! :ponder:

I hope the kid(Tebow) can work hard and become a good QB in the NFL, but your line about Henne is way off.He can voice his opinion about anything he wants, he's an American, right? People are acting like pulled a TO...."By golly gee it's a duck!". He gave an opinion just like we do here everyday on this board. If we go by your theory, none of us could comment about the situation until we are all competent NFL QB's....which mean finheaven would officially be dead!

No one knows if Henne will be a good QB in the NFL much less Tebow.

Yeah, I could see him going to the Pats, Colts, or maybe the Jags. The best scenario for everybody is for him to go to the Jags. Small market team with not so much national media coverage. Plus he would get his shot sooner and then everybody will find out once & for all how he plays on this level.

The Jags would be perfect for the kid to be honest. Out of Miami's hair and he gets a chance sooner rather then later to prove all his critics wrong or prove them all right.

It's a win, win, win situation.

I hope the kid(Tebow) can work hard and become a good QB in the NFL, but your line about Henne is way off.He can voice his opinion about anything he wants, he's an American, right? People are acting like pulled a TO...."By golly gee it's a duck!". He gave an opinion just like we do here everyday on this board. If we go by your theory, none of us could comment about the situation until we are all competent NFL QB's....which mean finheaven would officially be dead!

I think what the previous person was stating is that Henne has not exactly set the league on fire with his play and the jury is still out of him. As a result, maybe he should have been a little more diplomatic....

Yes I said it, and I wasn't trying to malicious to Tim. No ill will was intended to the man. If I were to go into a bit of detail, I would've said that Tim's elongated delivery isn't going to last long in the NFL. Even if he "changes" his throwing motion, there will always be a good amount of time in which Tim will revert back to that motion.

The one thing that made Tebow great in college was due to the offense he played in, almost every wide receiver he threw to was in bubble screens, 10 yards wide open downfield, or slant routes. We haven't seen Tim make any sorts of NFL style throws or have to face any kind of NFL style pressure while in the pocket (outside of the Alabama and Ole Miss games, in which he floundered).

So the fact is, it's not that I don't like the guy, it's just that based on the system he was in while at Florida, mixed with the fact he hasn't shown an NFL style throw in which he can throw the ball with good velocity, good accuracy, and keep it up so as to avoid getting the ball slapped down by the incoming defender on every throw, it doesn't seem very likely at the moment that Tim Tebow is an NFL quarterback at this stage of his career.

However, with the right coaching, anything can happen.

The Jags would be perfect for the kid to be honest. Out of Miami's hair and he gets a chance sooner rather then later to prove all his critics wrong or prove them all right.

It's a win, win, win situation.

if he plays too soon however, and is not ready, will he get a second chance elsewhere?
i Think he needs at least 2 to 3 years to develop. The fans would want him in there sooner. not sure if he would be ready.

Back
Top Bottom