Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback

Since this forum isn't really appropriate for a lengthy Tebow discussion, I'll just finish by saying that you sound like a good guy, and I will agree that either way people got some help they wouldn't otherwise have received. I'll just be glad when all the Tebow hype has finally died down.

Truer words have never been spoken. A lot of people wonder and ask the question: "How can some people be sick of Tim Tebow? He's a great story, a good kid, etc."

It's simple, all the ridiculous hype he's had since his freshman year at Florida, and people have been getting the "Tebow lovefest" shoved down their throats for the better part of four years, and enough is enough. Finally, when I turn on CBS on Saturdays, I'll no longer have to hear Verne & Gary blow their wads everytime Tebow takes the field.

If you had read the NY Times article I posted you would have:

Look man the point I was trying to show is without agenda nether family would be able to help anyone. Bill is rich and can help. The church is rich and can help.

While I agree pushing beliefs is not a good way to go about things it is still more help then people would have received otherwise.

The 15 guiding principles on the Gates website are not that far off from the mission statement on the Tebow website.

One is pushing technology and the other religion. Imagine that. :err:

{sigh}
This is shaky ground he's treading on IMO.

I actually like Tebow and hope he succeeds in the pros. However, as someone who believes in a higher-powered spirituality but not organized religions, I've come to resent how he's using his eye black (is that the correct description?) to foist selected bible psalms on the national viewing audience. To me it's no different than someone using the national stage to promote their agnostic or atheistic beliefs, pro or anti pro choice sentiments or their political candidate preferences. Or their favorite sports shoes, restaurants or outcall services for that matter. It's not appropriate and I hope the NFL clamps down on it like they do the wearing of non-sanctioned shoes, etc.

If he wasn't such a good guy, it's in-your-face stuff like this that would make me actively root against him. As far as his family's missionary work is concerned, props for altruistically helping the "unwashed masses," with the exception of force-feeding their specific relgious beliefs on them as a consequence.

{sigh}

I actually like Tebow and hope he succeeds in the pros. However, as someone who believes in a higher-powered spirituality but not organized religions, I've come to resent how he's using his eye black (is that the correct description?) to foist selected bible psalms on the national viewing audience. To me it's no different than someone using the national stage to promote their agnostic or atheistic beliefs, pro or anti pro choice sentiments or their political candidate preferences. Or their favorite sports shoes, restaurants or outcall services for that matter. It's not appropriate and I hope the NFL clamps down on it like they do the wearing of non-sanctioned shoes, etc.

If he wasn't such a good guy, it's in-your-face stuff like this that would make me actively root against him. As far as his family's missionary work is concerned, props for altruistically helping the "unwashed masses," with the exception of force-feeding their specific relgious beliefs on them as a consequence.

Yes it is.

The connection between Henne and Tebow is David Lee, the Dolphins quarterback coach who has been one of Tebow’s mentors. Lee and the rest of the Dolphins’ staff also coached Tebow at the Senior Bowl. Tebow has worked with Zeke Bratkowski, Sam Wyche and Marc Trestman, too.

Maybe Henne is wrong, maybe he’s right. But by not saying much (aka, “I’ll leave it at that”), he’s really saying quite a bit.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/18/henne-tebow-isnt-an-nfl-quarterback/

Since this forum isn't really appropriate for a lengthy Tebow discussion, I'll just finish by saying that you sound like a good guy, and I will agree that either way people got some help they wouldn't otherwise have received. I'll just be glad when all the Tebow hype has finally died down.

I agree 100% with your statement and the same to you.

I am on your side when it comes to the media reporting everything about the kid and making it seem like he is flawless, he is not. It can not stop soon enough for me. Blah.

You know the more I think about it the way the media has a crush on the Patriots and Tebow it seems a natural fit for them to draft him. Then the media can cram the ****ing Patriots, Tom kiss my *** Brady and Tebow down our throats for years.

Objective reporting – RIP.

It's no surprise that this thread is huge. And it's no surprise Henne upsets people. I just hope his mouth isn't writing checks he can't cash. After all, he's been a starting QB in the NFL for a whole 13 games.

Why are people so up in arms over this? It's really not that serious. Henne gave his personal opinion of Tebow's abilities translating to the league. He just keep it real with our local radio people. Don't see whats the big deal.

{sigh}

Vaark it seems you and I have a similar outlook on whatever it is you believe in when we leave this world. I do not for one second believe that any one person, race, creed or religion has all the answers. I also do not think we need anyone to tell us how to find that higher meaning, what we do in life is what defines us, not what someone tells us to do. I’ll do it my way and see what happens.

Tebow is treading on shaky ground, he needs to back off the rhetoric and just comment on the pertinent topic - football. I agree with the in-your-face BS but the media is as much responsible for that crap as anyone they take a good thing and force feed it to the audience until we are forced to regurgitate it and swallow it. Well I for one spit it out faster then my used dip.

I agree 100% with your statement and the same to you.

I am on your side when it comes to the media reporting everything about the kid and making it seem like he is flawless, he is not. It can not stop soon enough for me. Blah.

You know the more I think about it the way the media has a crush on the Patriots and Tebow it seems a natural fit for them to draft him. Then the media can cram the ****ing Patriots, Tom kiss my *** Brady and Tebow down our throats for years.

Objective reporting – RIP.

Yeah, I could see him going to the Pats, Colts, or maybe the Jags. The best scenario for everybody is for him to go to the Jags. Small market team with not so much national media coverage. Plus he would get his shot sooner and then everybody will find out once & for all how he plays on this level.

its funny how every one is saying Henne has balls for saying that, its good he said that etc. C'mon guys are you serious this guy hasnt even took an Nfl snap and every1 wants to criticize him , Tebow is a winner hes been doing it for 4 years already kickin every ones but in college now he is practicing in his fundamentals so he can become an Nfl quarterback, how many Qbs do you know spend their whole off season training and putting all that effort to become a better Qb not many , except guys like Peyton Manning , What Henne said was completly wack and he should appologize bottom line it does not matter what every one else thinks , they are both going to be in the Nfl , while we are just fans so our opinions dont really matter we just sit back and criticize players on their on field play , Tebow has showed alot of haters that he is dedicated on improving and he wants to shut people up , dude is a winner and he is going to be just fine in the Nfl, hard work pays off and for the people hating on him keep hating . Im just upset that Henne really said that I love our QB but he needs to improve on a couple things as well , if i was him i would of never said anything about another player and just focus on his game not criticize some one elses game when your just becoming a good qb in the league , first prove yourself and learn from other guys like Peyton Manning Drew Brees in just avoid questions like that or just wish the guy the best of luck , esspecially when a guy from our organization is helping tebow on his fundamentals

It's comical that Henne is blasted for speaking his mind by the media
and people on blogs and message boards. When did Henne lose his
freedom of speach ? Someday, if he's wrong, it'll be thrown in
his face by the media, if he's right, it'll never be mentioned again.

He didn't trash Tebow he just gave a simple opinion, an opinion that others share. And to be honest I wouldn't care if he did trash Tebow. Go Henne!

It's the offseason and the media and people on message boards want something to talk about. What better then the QB of the Miami Dolphins saying something somewhat negative about the former QB of the Florida Gators? There are both combined Dolphins/Gators fans out there. Now it'll be a little story if the rival Patriots were to draft him as a backup.

Dude, I want Henne to have the type of ****iness. It is what makes a guy like Brady or Manning so good.

I doubt that you would ever hear those two making comments that strong regarding other QBs. He probabaly should have responded a little differently....

so tebow can speak his opinion about religoun but chad henne an NFL QB cant speak his mind about a college QB coming into the nfl when specifically asked in a radio interview. he told the truth and then put it to rest. tebow is not an nfl qb.. guess what. its true. he isn't. could he be? maybe. is he? not yet. dont ask the opinion if u dont want the truth. otherwise whats the point of interviewing?

also football is about rivalry.. competition.. men. take the criticism from someone who's where you want to be, going on 3rd year in the nfl.. starting QB for the miami dolphins. he may not be the most qualified to make the calls, but then thats the interviewers fault for asking him and no his QB coach isnt it? they asked his specific opinion based on what he has seen of tebow and what he knows now after transitioning into the nfl, and a new starter. a real football player wont take that to heart, he'll take it as a challenge, which is exactly what tebow is doing. fuel to the fire. working on his game. giving it a shot, going for the gold. at the end of the day it doesnt matter what henne thinks, do what you feel is right and try ur hardest, no1 is knocking you for that, but henne is definitely entitled to his opinion. just as tebow is his, just as we are on this debate as to whether the comment was out of line or not

also... just to lighten the mood... in latest news.... penis

Back
Top Bottom