Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension***** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension*****

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yankeehillbilly said:
To use the franchise next year would mean that Wale still would not have signed a contract, which also means he would have only played 6 games for us to get the accredited season. If faced with only having Wale for 6 games this year and having to pay him the avg of the top 5 DE salaries in the league next year, I would prefer to trade him now and get something for him.

But knowing they can do that to him next year gives them the upper hand now. He could've sat out most of this year and been an unrestricted free agent next year. But now he'll get tagged next year if he sits out. It's just not in his best interest to hold out. I think that's why the Fins went after extending Chambers first. Now they can go into negotiations with O-Gun knowing that they are in the driver's seat.

Im curious...does anyone know who this contract compares with?

Is CC making TO type money or Moulds type money?

Just curious what kinda relative value CC has on the market and how the Fins regard his worth.

GREAT NEWS!!!! :D

This may be evidence that the Fins' vets do not see this franchise in as much disaray as some may think. If most did it would seem that CC with his talent would want to swim the free agent market next year.

JJ777 said:

Just curious what kinda relative value CC has on the market and how the Fins regard his worth.

Financial terms are a five-year $30 million extension that includes $12 million in bonus money.

JJ777 said:

His contract is very simliar to Chad Johnson's. He's not as good as Chad is right now, so I think we overpaid just a little bit.

Chambers' contract is also better than the ones signed by Darrell Jackson and Steve Smith this offseason.

Woohoo!!!

This is probably the best news of the offseason for me personally. Now my favorite player will stay with my favorite team for at least 5 more years.:)

I heard AJ is doing alot better. If he keeps it up I wouldn't doubt his ability to get CC the ball.

I am getting more excited about this season with every camp report.

this is good news :D and bad news :shakeno: for me....

Good News: :D Chambers will be a Dolphin for the coming yrs!!!!

Bad news: :shakeno: now i have to debate whos jersey to get Chambers or Surtains.

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom