Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension***** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension*****

Yes, with RW hitting the road, there seems to be alot more positivity and unity around the camp.

Financial terms are a five-year $30 million extension that includes $12 million in bonus money.

Right. Im asking what other WR in the NFL are making similiar figures?

This means that they don't have to be in a rush to sign Ogun. Even if he holds out till the 6th or 10th game of the year or whenever...

They wont lose him next year becasue all they have to do is franchise tag him. He just lost all of his leverage!

YES!!!!!!! CC a phin for life! or at least 5 more years, LOL. It is great to get our true offensive star locked up. Now as many said, get Wale done and we will be cool. If minor and morris are having moderate success against our defense, then that says something. We did not allow a 100 yd rusher all last year so we can play the run. Now our qb play will be pivotal, dont get me wrong, they arent ricky as far it goes, but anybody we could get at this point will not be able to do much if the defenses stack 8 and 9 in the box, so if our qb can keep the defense honest minor and morris will do ok.

i believe steve smith just signed a contract slightly larger than that, JJ

Good Job Spielman!

Yes, we got CC signed for 5 years, but this was also a very important PR move for the front office.

I wonder if he would have gotten an extension this good if RW didn't split?

Also wonder if the signing bonus is upfront, or paid in 2 years as the Phins prefer (which is supposedly a big sticking point w/ the O-Gun negociations.) Probably back loaded too...

Predaphin34 said:
this is good news :D and bad news :shakeno: for me....

Good News: :D Chambers will be a Dolphin for the coming yrs!!!!

Bad news: :shakeno: now i have to debate whos jersey to get Chambers or Surtains.

:D :D
Get both jerseys. Both Surtain and Chambers will be aroud for a while.

i believe steve smith just signed a contract slightly larger than that, JJ

So that means in a general sense that both the dolphins and CC's agent regard him as slightly below Steve Smith in ability...what do y'all think? Anyone else's contract we can compare CC's to?

I am officially on the Spielman Bandwagon. :p4e: :bandwagon :hail: :hail: :hail: :band: :rockon: :band:

Great Job Rick now like everyone else has said on to Wally.

Predaphin34 said:
this is good news :D and bad news :shakeno: for me....

Good News: :D Chambers will be a Dolphin for the coming yrs!!!!

Bad news: :shakeno: now i have to debate whos jersey to get Chambers or Surtains.

:D :D
You poor, poor bastard. :)

That's great news! I just got my Ricky Williams jersey in the mail....oh crap!

Chambers got a better contract than Steve Smith. His contract is most similiar to Chad Johnson's. Again, I think we slightly overpaid (Chambers isn't as good as Chad Johnson just yet), but I'm happy we got him locked up.

Chris Chambers got 5 yrs/$30mill/$12mill bonus

Chad Johnson got 5 yrs/$25mill/$12.5mill bonus

Steve Smith got 6 yrs/$26.5mill/$9mill bonus (7mill+2mill option bonus)

Darrell Jackson got a 6 yrs/$25mill/$8mill bonus

Back
Top Bottom