MERGED: Chris Long / Long video | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chris Long / Long video

Less versatile than Long. You can run Long all over the place. not as much Gholston. Gholston does have better speed, but he disappears for disturbing stretches for a player with his physical attributes. Also Long has superior size. I have seen the dreaded "takes plays off" tag applied to him. Does not have the non stop motor of Long.

More than that the games where I watched Long play the offense had to account for him every play. And he was still causing havoc. Gholston will make plays no doubt...but he doesn't cause the sheer every play mayhem that Long does.

That's a 4-3 Defense for you. I'll give you the fact that Long has a better motor, probably the best motor of any player in this draft. He's a fine prospect and I'd be happy to have him. I haven't seen enough of Long's games, but I've seen Vernon Gholston dominate Jake Long two years in a row. I think if you put Gholston in that 3-4 as well, he'd have the same opportunity to make as many plays as Long does.

You mention the speed, well Chris Long might be able to pull off the 3-4 OLB in college, but again, as I said, he doesn't look as fast as Mike Vrabel coming off the edge...how well is he going to translate to 3-4 OLB in the NFL? That's my main worry.

I think it's imperative to draft a 3-4 OLB in the draft whether it be Long, Gholston, Harvey, at wherever we pick to make this 3-4 work. JT has limited years left, not really sure what to make of Porter, though I've seen several people mention he could be moved inside in a year or two. I'd like to think that whoever we draft this year could team with say, Quentin Moses as our 3-4 OLBs in the next two years. Just MHO, but I still don't see Chris Long as that 3-4 OLB guy.

That's a 4-3 Defense for you. I'll give you the fact that Long has a better motor, probably the best motor of any player in this draft. He's a fine prospect and I'd be happy to have him. I haven't seen enough of Long's games, but I've seen Vernon Gholston dominate Jake Long two years in a row. I think if you put Gholston in that 3-4 as well, he'd have the same opportunity to make as many plays as Long does.

You mention the speed, well Chris Long might be able to pull off the 3-4 OLB in college, but again, as I said, he doesn't look as fast as Mike Vrabel coming off the edge...how well is he going to translate to 3-4 OLB in the NFL? That's my main worry.

I think it's imperative to draft a 3-4 OLB in the draft whether it be Long, Gholston, Harvey, at wherever we pick to make this 3-4 work. JT has limited years left, not really sure what to make of Porter, though I've seen several people mention he could be moved inside in a year or two. I'd like to think that whoever we draft this year could team with say, Quentin Moses as our 3-4 OLBs in the next two years. Just MHO, but I still don't see Chris Long as that 3-4 OLB guy.

Long can most definitely play 3-4 LB and he could line up at end. Gholston does have a lot of value but he is more of the athletic freak type of player. I always am a bit reluctant with guys like that. If he is such an athletic freak then why has Long outproduced him?

Gholston could go as high as six, but I don't see him breaking the top 5 even with a stellar combine.

Back
Top Bottom