MERGED: Chris Long / Long video | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chris Long / Long video

Dude is an absolute animal, I don't see how Parcells will pass on him come draft day. He would be that great outside pass rusher that 3-4 teams need.

I really didn't like the idea of taking a D-Line man with our #1 but I'm getting used to it now after researching Long a bit. I'd love to see "the breaking heart" celebration on the right side (JT) and the "L" on the left (Long) consistently next year.

Personally depending on who we hire as defensive coordinator, and what style defense he runs, I could live with either. Dorsey is my man though.

I've been sold on Chris Long but even more so now.

Impressive. Still i've seen some highlights of dorsey that make this a tossup. Either way i'd be happy.

Coming to conclusions on players based on highlights is extremely misleading.

Coming to conclusions on players based on highlights is extremely misleading.

On the other hand, how long the highlights video is and how many plays are included in it, is not quite as misleading, especially for a D player.

I don't know, he's relentless for sure, but nothing in that makes me think he'd be any better than Gholston or Harvey as a 3-4 OLB. I'd like him at 3-4 DE, but why waste $60M on a 3-4 DE at #1 overall. It's a tossup between Long, Dorsey, Gholston and possibly Jake Long. I know I haven't seen Long play a whole lot, but I just don't see him as a Vrabel clone; not as fast.

I don't know, he's relentless for sure, but nothing in that makes me think he'd be any better than Gholston or Harvey as a 3-4 OLB. I'd like him at 3-4 DE, but why waste $60M on a 3-4 DE at #1 overall. It's a tossup between Long, Dorsey, Gholston and possibly Jake Long. I know I haven't seen Long play a whole lot, but I just don't see him as a Vrabel clone; not as fast.

I'm sorry, Gholston is nice and is worthy of a top ten pick...but there is a dropoff from Chris Long to Gholston and it is noticeable.

There is no way Gholston goes off the board anywhere in the same area code as Long or Dorsey.

I'm sorry, Gholston is nice and is worthy of a top ten pick...but there is a dropoff from Chris Long to Gholston and it is noticeable.

Care to elaborate. Just curious as to what you see that I don't. Gholston appears much faster than Long coming off the edge. Is that not what you want out of a 3-4 OLB?

Care to elaborate. Just curious as to what you see that I don't. Gholston appears much faster than Long coming off the edge. Is that not what you want out of a 3-4 OLB?

Less versatile than Long. You can run Long all over the place. not as much Gholston. Gholston does have better speed, but he disappears for disturbing stretches for a player with his physical attributes. Also Long has superior size. I have seen the dreaded "takes plays off" tag applied to him. Does not have the non stop motor of Long.

More than that the games where I watched Long play the offense had to account for him every play. And he was still causing havoc. Gholston will make plays no doubt...but he doesn't cause the sheer every play mayhem that Long does.

Back
Top Bottom