MERGED: Chris Long / Long video | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chris Long / Long video

lol and he removed it

ROFL! Well it's a good thing we all quoted it to preserve for posterity.

I don't think there is a quicker way to lose your credibility than to make the "Dorsey sucks, I watched him and he's average!" argument.

Watch the line people. Watch the scads of attention paid to him and he still alters plays! Watch the outside rushers being single teamed every play because the chipper needs to lend a hand in the middle.

If Chris Long were playing in a 3-4, you are saying you would keep him on the bench until we get into obvious passing situations where we need a situational pass rusher?

Boy do I disagree with that. A lot.

that's not what I was saying, I was saying I would put him OLB on every down and I would put him DE depending on the package on passing situations... u read me all wrong , I wouldn't draft a situational pass rusher 1st overrall lolll

Well, by drafting McFadden I'm implying we that we'd have to move Ronnie. I know it won't happen, looking forward to a healthy Ronnie Brown.

I'm all for drafting Long or Dorsey, but at 1? Couldn't we trade down a couple spots and still get them?

How about James Laurenitis (spelling)?

How often do you see the #1 pick traded? I think everyone prefers that but it never happens. And no we wouldn't be able to get them anyway, they both are Top 3 picks.

Lauranitis is staying in school.

How often do you see the #1 pick traded? I think everyone prefers that but it never happens. And no we wouldn't be able to get them anyway, they both are Top 3 picks.

Lauranitis is staying in school.

Lauranitis wants the prestige of making his program into the NCAA version of the Buffalo Bills!

As a 4-3 DE, yes. If I were running a 3-4 I would draft him #1 overall but as an OLB that could be used at up to 7 different positions.

If Miami can't trade out, I think he will be our pick over Dorsey. He fits the Parcells' big, fast, outside rusher/disruptive role perfectly. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, you can't discount that one of Bill's boys (Al Grogh) was his college coach. We may not know everything about Bill, but we do know he likes those players/coaches he is familiar with.

that's not what I was saying, I was saying I would put him OLB on every down and I would put him DE depending on the package on passing situations... u read me all wrong , I wouldn't draft a situational pass rusher 1st overrall lolll

That sounds backwards to me. I'd rather have him at OLB on passing downs.

can't go wrong with either Dorsey or Long. Unless he has a huge combine, I don't even think Gholston is in the equation.

I remember reading some scouting reports that said the only way Long would be a bust is if he didn't put his heart into the game. There have been several scouts that have said Long could be an All-Pro ILB at the next level.

and whoever brought up Laurenitis, no. Good player, but he's far from the complete LB some might make him out to be.

he had one helluva game, i didnt get to watch it and with this video i'm impressed...but it's only 1 game... watching him beat the Olinemen, the first thing that struck me was how he was in space, his Dcoord ligned him up wide so that he would have space to make his pass rush, and because he's a beast against the run (so even though he is wide, he will be able to shed his blocker and make the tackle in space, very often) .... this kind of player in the NFL cannot make a name for himself as a 3-4 DE , absolutely not. Those Ends in the 3-4 are lined up nose on the Tackle or something on the inside shade, i don't believe Long has the physical tools to play there, not at all.. (from what i've seen..) He would be very interesting at the OLB position but if I had the choice, I may take Gholston over him to fill that position..

Don't get too caught up about what Long can or can't do based on one game highlight reel. Long has great technique and can lineup inside much like [SIZE=-1]Richard Seymour can. The thing long can do that Seymour can't is that he can lineup outside as an OLB because he has better speed and agility. Like someone has already said Long could be utilized in almost any of the front 7 positions on the field except maybe NT.[/SIZE]

Glenn Dorsey is so overrated and does not fit the 3-4 D. Also, Parcells likes bigger DT's then what Dorseys size is. Long will most likely be our pick. I would trade down for a linebacker or corner though if I were GM.

Would love for a critique as to why Dorsey is:

a) Overrated, and

b) Can't play in a 3-4.

Guys, dors is but a wee lad. He tried to retract his post but it had already been quoted. He obviously thought what he wrote regarding Dorsey was a mistake after writing it so please don't hound on the subject. Much appreciated.

Nice add Swampfox.

I really feel this is the best guy available and I do personally believe that DE is a higher premium position than DL. It's not that I think Dorsey isn't a great player just that I feel top DE's are much harder to find so don't kill me Boom!

Actually I'm almost off the preference to trade down bandwagon and solely on drafting C. Long at this point.

Finally! A good Chris Long video!

I've been looking for footage on this guy for a while now. Hard to find. This is by far the best video I have found to show the impact this guy makes on the defense...enjoy! Its the Gator Bowl against Texas Tech. On the right you'll also see "The Safety" - but I expect most of you have seen that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0guzCtZ7U

Hes a force thats for sure...but he definitely should have had atleast 2 sacks in this game and he didn't make them happen...judge for yourself but at the next level I don't want to see him whiffing one and holding off nailing the QB cuz he thinks the pass is thrown...he had a sack there for sure if he just charged the guy at full speed...where was the motor there? I know these can be corrected...so as of right now I like him over Dorsey.

Back
Top Bottom