MERGED: Couch released / Gotta Give Him a Sniff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Couch released / Gotta Give Him a Sniff

something tells me he isn't going to get as big a contract as he would of gotten if he just accepted the contract the packers offered.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1818794

Couch now free to sign with any team

The Cleveland Browns finally brought an end to the Tim Couch saga by releasing him Wednesday, according to his agent, Tom Condon of IMG.

Couch had been told to stay away from the Browns headquarters until the team worked out a trade with the Packers or another team. Without a place to work out to prepare for the season, Couch filed a grievance through the NFL Players Association.

At this point, we passed on Warner, passed on Garcia, passed on Collins...if we even sniffed at Tim Couch I would really have to question the sanity of the front office. So I dont think anyone is fooling themselves into thinking we'll go for Couch.

However, you're probably right. A relative newb to the board will probably come out of the woodwork and ask the question.

inFINSible said:
Hey, you guys think we should try to sign Couch?
I think you should. If fiedler loses his job, he'll be going somewhere next year and Couch would be a good back up for Feely. :D

I would rather have Fiedler than Couch, who is not only less mobile, but doesn't know the offense. Why would anyone want this guy?

Justasportsfan said:
I think you should. If fiedler loses his job, he'll be going somewhere next year and Couch would be a good back up for Feely. :D
I was making a joke in response to CK's post.....I do not want Tim Couch instead of Fiedler. Fiedler would be a much better back-up than Couch.

Justasportsfan said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1818794

Couch now free to sign with any team

The Cleveland Browns finally brought an end to the Tim Couch saga by releasing him Wednesday, according to his agent, Tom Condon of IMG.

Couch had been told to stay away from the Browns headquarters until the team worked out a trade with the Packers or another team. Without a place to work out to prepare for the season, Couch filed a grievance through the NFL Players Association.

Here's a fact nobdy's reported. If they let him workout there and he got hurt, they'd have to pay his contract for this season in full. Tim has gotten a raw deal from Butch Davis. His whole Hamlet routine cost trhem at least 3 possible wins. Kelly Holcomb was no better behind a bad O-line (hmmm, where have i heard that before?) and Garcia will be checking out all the pretty clouds this season too. If you think the Phins didn't improve their o-line, the Browns have gone backwards.

I'll play along.

I would take Couch over Fiedler any day.

Couch/ Feeley in 2004!!

Fiedler is the worst QB in Miami history and the team owes it to the fans to get him out. Enough is enough.

I like Jay as the backup, but would not be upset with Couch. Couch will end up in GB. Bassically I heard they had a contract worked out or were close, but Clev nixed it because of teh compensation.

Back
Top Bottom