MERGED: Couch released / Gotta Give Him a Sniff | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Couch released / Gotta Give Him a Sniff

I am with Fin-atic...

JF shure he knows the system, but has that helped him win in December? Knowing the system has not helped him overcome his average high 78% QBR over the last 4 years. His December stats of 72.2% QBR, completion record of 56% and had an average 6.68 YPA. He completed a TD per 30 attemps, while playing 3 years behind a solid OL. Last year he did not crack 58%QBR.

Couch at least he is young was a low round draft pick, had a 79% QBR for the games he has played in December, completed 61% of his passes and had an average 7.38 YPA. He completed a TD per 25 attempts.

IF we got AJ for his upside to JF, why don't we get a QB that can be an upside to AJ?

At least he will probably be cheaper, for a backup, but can we afford to be without Sage? ;)

Bodzilla29 said:
Can you please outline Couch's strengths and weaknesses. If you have watched him for so long you should be pretty aware.

I'll tell you right now the weaknesses far outweigh the strengths. Tim Couch has shown nothing in the NFL that a journeyman backup hasn't.
Tim is an accurate passer,when given a little time, with some mobility in the pocket. Hes not real fast, but he can move around and get out of alot of situations. His arm strength is not overly strong, but it is strong enough. His best passes are those requiring touch , over the top, which he has been great at throughout his career. Like I said, he is not a strong arm guy, but has a pretty good arm, more than Fiedler for sure.You have to look who and what hes been playing for. I watched many of the Browns games here in Tenn, we get stuck with the Titans ,Bengals and Browns games alot here, but do get to watch about half the Dolphins game.The Browns O-Line was WORSE than ours, beleive that or not. Tim Couch is a winner and will prove that. I though think we already have Feeley, and have alot invested in him, and I think it would be a mistake to not give Feeley a chance. I am behind Feeley as well, and think he will do a great job the more comfortable he gets with our offense. My comments about Tim Couch is not in the sense that I want the Dolphins to pick him up, I like Feeley and think we should stay the course. But I have heard Tim get a bad rap when its not been his fault, but a sorry Brown organization that has not given him players and has treated him lousy.I wish Tim all the best wherever he goes, and he will prove what I have stated.

Back
Top Bottom