Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
newlownorder said:
Ummm...................what?! I would never say someone was wrong on finheaven unless I knew 100% without any doubt that they were wrong.......yeah your wrong, we don't have 2 second rounders.

Also, if the person who said they heard it was a 3rd rounder could post the link or where they heard that, that would be sweet.

I think he said it sarcastically... I hope.

I understand people's concerns about his Knee and Trading a pick. No Question these are valid arguments, but to hear some of the rants on this board that make Culpepper sound like Doug Pederson or some other schmoe makes me scratch my head. :confused: No Offense, but I think some of you guys have a really short attention span. He was a premier QB not too long ago. He was responsible if I remember correctly for upsetting us in the 2nd to last game against Minny in 2002 (the choke season). I wanted him then that is for sure.

Joe(ex-charger) said:
Would someone please tell me what in the hell having any number of posts has to do with anything here?????

Do you really think that number of posts = intelligence or football knowlege?

Come on boys! Get real. It matters..............NOT

Posts have nothing to do with football knowledge. In fact, I'm glad you are here.

However, my point was, you can't come here as a noobie and "guarantee" stuff, expect everyone to take your word as gospel (especially when you have no proof), etc...to people who have been here for a long time.

That's all. :up:

finsgonewild said:
everybody is worried about what we possibly gave up to get him... This is a huge risk we are taking.. Personally I think he is worth it.. I just hope we did not pay to much to get him.
If it is us getting him, I am more worried about his knee then what we gave up for him. We all know it won't be anything higher then a 2nd round pick, but I am very worried about that shredded knee of his. However if he can fully recover, he is a top 5 QB in this league. I still prefer Brees, but I wouldn't object to getting Culpepper(a star QB who can push our offense over the top).

Isn't it nice that we can spend an offseason debating which Pro Bowl QB we are going to get? :lol: No more Fiedler, Feeley, or Frerotte arguments, but actual PRO BOWL Quarterbacks. :)

Exactly!

redclamcrowder said:
I have to agree with yah on this one... its one thing to go after someone's opinion, but to think that the number of posts they have is important to the strength of their opinion is just crazy... a guy could have followed the Dolphins for twenty years and just start posting on this site, yet you'd attack his number of posts even though he may have followed the Fins for so many years? I dont think so... lets be real guys, you can disagree with opinions, but just leave it at that!

Exactly! Thanks!

by the way, I am 44 years old and have been following the Dolphins since Bob Griese's days (and Marino's, etc.)

TarHeelFinFan said:
Barely 20-something. He turns 30 at the end of the coming season.
Thats what scares me. Plus his mobility may be totally gone being 29 and having that major knee injury. Also he averages about a INT a game and he fumbles alot. Hes not worth anything more than a 7th and maybee Eddie Moore.

Joe(ex-charger) said:
Would someone please tell me what in the hell having any number of posts has to do with anything here?????

Do you really think that number of posts = intelligence or football knowlege?

Come on boys! Get real. It matters..............NOT

Can't find it now, but someone posted something about people only having 15 posts and talking up a good game, so after my post I wanted that fact be known that I had more than 15 posts....

HysterikiLL said:
I just don't believe some of you guys. A chance at a guy like Culpepper and everyone gets so damn greedy. We've been spoiled rich with the Brees rumors, and now all of a sudden we don't want an awful QB like Daunte Culpepper. Fiedler, Feeley, Lucas, Huard, Griese....yeah....screw Daunte, I liked going 4-12 better.

well when you put it that way

Why is everyone so down on Culpepper?

In 2004, his #'s were comparable to Peyton Manning. Granted he had Moss but his stats were amazing.

In 2005, he had an awful year, behind a bad line and now he's washed up. I know that many will point to the fact that B. Johnson did quite well w/ that OL but remember that an OL gets better as a unit as the year goes on (Just think back to the 2004 Dolphins OL). So many around here wanted David Carr blaming his lack of an OL for his lack of success but now we're not willing to give Culpepper the benefit of the doubt. Provided he's scheduled to make a full recovery from the knee injury, I'd welcome a move for Culpepper!

does anybody else think that maybe all this talk about us possibly having a deal in place with culpepper might scare off brees. or at least get him talking elsewhere?

just a thought

chambers84 said:
Are you a Doctor?? Didn't think so.

dont need to be a doctor it was reported he tore 3 ligaments and wont be able to play till week 8 this season

we COULD afford having both, but that would take away from other parts of the team.

basically it would be pretty much the dumbest thing we could do with our money.

Back
Top Bottom