Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jason_taylor said:
...but i think the black athlete needs 2 leave the QBing 2 the white ones ...

Wow.....good luck with that one....you're on your own with that comment. That comment may leave a mark......

I can see Saban & Mueller now in Saban's office:

Saban: We have a chance at Culpepper for 2007's 2nd Rd. pick? (just guessing)
Mueller: Yes, they want to pull the trigger tonight!
Saban: But...there is something about that guy that makes me nervous..
Mueller: What is it?....the knee injury?
Saban: No, that's not it.
Mueller: The Ho-boat tour?
Saban: No, that's not it either...it's just something....
Mueller: The fact that he beats his wife and smokes crack all day? (just making it up fellas, relax)
Saban: No, that's not it.....I...just...can't put my finger on it....
Mueller: Oh, I got it....
Saban: WAIT! He's black!! We can't do that to our team!
Mueller: Oh no! You're right! I'll get the Detmer family's Agent on the phone right away!
Saban: Black athletes can't win a Super Bowl at QB....what were we thinking?
:goodnight

Vikes Rube said:
Allright first let me say I am not here to troll, I hate that with a passion, but I am curious as to what the take is over here about Daunte. What I can say is that the local media is saying the deal is done. It is with an AFC team and it is NOT oakland or Baltimore that pretty much leaves Miami as they think is the best chance, or the Jets. Which really makes no sense. I will be around for a littel bit over the next 24 hors to see what is happening. If I hear anything I will be sure to let you know. Good Luck this season!

hmm if this relally is a vikes fan then thanks for the info if not, BOO! lolll

Vikes Rube said:
Allright first let me say I am not here to troll, I hate that with a passion, but I am curious as to what the take is over here about Daunte. What I can say is that the local media is saying the deal is done. It is with an AFC team and it is NOT oakland or Baltimore that pretty much leaves Miami as they think is the best chance, or the Jets. Which really makes no sense. I will be around for a littel bit over the next 24 hors to see what is happening. If I hear anything I will be sure to let you know. Good Luck this season!

Thanks man, appreciate it. I am monitoring the situation as well. I posted a thread saying that Fox 9 said that our deal with Brees had feel through and that Culpepper would most likely be traded to Miami.

That Thread was deleted by the Powers of Finheaven. For some reason.:confused:

Alex22 said:
Others here seem to not like Daunte

But he is one of my favorite QB's and if he is healing the way he supposedly is ahead of schedule, I hope the trade is with us

Question- what do you guys in Minny think you are getting for him?

awsome question

If anything it makes him appear smarter for dumping his agent and saving 2%-3% on his next multi-million $ contract. Talent wise, he's been outstanding besides last year. Some will say that will have to be attributed by the loss of Moss but it's not definitive.

Personally, I'm surprised the fins aren't making a harder push for Brees rather than Daunte. He appears to be the safer bet of the two. Besides, there's a good chance DC won't be ready by Sept because of all the ligament damage.

fitskin said:
Thanks man, appreciate it. I am monitoring the situation as well. I posted a thread saying that Fox 9 said that our deal with Brees had feel through and that Culpepper would most likely be traded to Miami.

That Thread was deleted by the Powers of Finheaven. For some reason.:confused:
feel through? what is that

Honestly its hard to say. It seems that they areexpecting draft picks more than anything. LB and OL is also a need for us as well. My guess would honestly be more than likeky draft picks

Vikes Rube said:
Welcome to the site and thanks for giving a Minnesota view on it. Right now there are a lot of mixed feelings on the idea of getting Daunte. Some want him badly, others don't want anything to do with him. As for myself, I also have mixed feelings. On one hand, I really want Brees. On the other, I wouldn't mind having Culpepper since he is a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Vikes Rube said:
Thanks. Keep us updated. I am actually curious though to what a Vikes fan thinks of his down year last year. Do you think it was that he was never that great and Moss made him, or just a fluke bad year made worse by the loss of Moss? I personally think I would rather Brees, but I would still be very happy with Culpepper, but I would like to see what Vikings fans feel about just how good he is.

Well, the thought here is disbelief. We've been led to believe that we all but have Drew Brees signed, sealed, and delivered. We know that Drew told his agent that Miami is where he wants to begin, and hopefully end, his free agency rounds. Knowing what we know about Nick Saban, it's hard to beleive he'd sign off on this without having done some pretty intense investigating into everything concerning Culpepper's injury and the such. Also, Nick values building through the draft and to think that he's given up a first day pick is pretty hard to believe. Most people here are against this move and hoping that it's another team that Minnesota has this deal with or that it's their way of getting Oakland to up their offer.

jason_taylor said:
i said in my other post and made it clear thati am not raciest:tantrum:

Dude you can't say that....not cool. And also just plain stupid. Oh and it is spelled racist.

Nublar7 said:
Welcome to the site and thanks for giving a Minnesota view on it. Right now there are a lot of mixed feelings on the idea of getting Daunte. Some want him badly, others don't want anything to do with him. As for myself, I also have mixed feelings. On one hand, I really want Brees. On the other, I wouldn't mind having Culpepper since he is a top 5 QB in the NFL.

loll tahts exactly how i feel! literally

Back
Top Bottom