Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
Marty Booker, Spragan & a 7th round draft pick

Don't think spragan has any value, nor does a 7th, but I was going to say booker and a 4th next yr.

Rixon said:
I feel more comfortable with Brees. Culpeppers injury really scares me. he was horrid last year before he went down.

How does 57.6%, 11 TD, 15 Int and a 67.5 QB Rating sound. Sounds like one hell of a QB.

You shouldn't base everything on a period of time that fits your opinion. I am not attacking you, this goes for anyone who uses "Culpepper was horrible last year before he went down."

DPlus47 said:
what if the "mystery team" is the browns or the cardinals and brees signs with the vikings? can we have some sort of thread where we all pledge not to slash our wrists?

:sidelol: :sidelol: I will start it!!!

well i think one of the things i thought of is TO would be very happy the first 4 or 5 weeks when he was getting the TD's and catches. but what happens in week 6 when Chambers has 8 catches and 2 TD's, and Owens has 1 catch for 9 yards. Does TO come out and start complaining about not getting the ball. I think that before Miami even considers TO, obviously Nick Saban is going to do a full scale evaluation, and those are some of the questions TO is going to have to answer before Saban is going to sign off on him coming to Miami.

LAphinfan said:
The only reason that i'd rather have Brees than Culpepper is that Brees is a FA and we don't have to give up ANY compensation whereas with Culpepper we probably give up a 2nd. I understand that we can't bank on Brees coming here and pass up on Culpepper only to be left high and dry without either, but if given my choice of scenario I'll keep the 2nd and sign Brees. Any thoughts?

Me too, but both players are very different and maybe Culpepper would fit our system better in sabans eyes.

burger13 said:
And why are people against trading for this:

548 att 379 comp 69.2% 4717 yards 8.61 ypa 39 td 11 int 110.9 rating

because of 6 bad games last year (really only 2 VERY bad games...but I'm not gonna break down his whole season again). He had a 96 rating in 2003 as well!!

the guy put up more yards in 2004 than Marino did in 1984......I just don't see how anyone could not want him???

well how many black QBs have ever won a SB ? imo a black athlete is very awsome at WR CB DL OL RB S SS TE ST BUT how many black QBs has ever won the big dance ? (answer 1) but he stepped in 4 the redskins and won it he didnt start the whole year it was because the starter got hurt and he stepped in but imo im not racistest but i think the black athlete needs 2 leave the QBing 2 the white ones so imo i want brees as my first choice but want be 2 dissapointed if we got culpepper ..just imo:dolphins: :wink: :dolphins:

poornate said:
Are you kidding me?

I can't believe all this crying about us potentially getting a pro bowl QB!

"But I wanted Brees", you say. Oh well. We don't make the decisions. Look at the string of back ups that have led our team over the last 6 years. I'd do a damn back flip over a STARTER! Much less a twenty something Pro Bowler. Be grateful!
I prefer Brees, but your point is well taken. I'm not going to complain if we get DC.

jason_taylor said:
well how many black QBs have ever won a SB ? imo a black athlete is very awsome at WR CB DL OL RB S SS TE ST BUT how many black QBs has ever won the big dance ? (answer 1) but he stepped in 4 the redskins and won it he didnt start the whole year it was because the starter got hurt and he stepped in but imo im not racistest but i think the black athlete needs 2 leave the QBing 2 the white ones so imo i want brees as my first choice but want be 2 dissapointed if we got culpepper ..just imo:dolphins: :wink: :dolphins:

Oooh.

Now this is going to get interesting.

Maybe I'm looking at things differently than most people but I look at it like this....

- If we can get Culpepper for a 3rd Rd. pick (like some are suggesting) ....Woo Hoo!!

OR

- If we can pick up Brees for a good deal financially in FA....Woo Hoo!!

Either way, we've tremendously upgraded the position that we need the most. Both have "baggage" and/or injuries and we can pick apart their pros & cons but try this for a second.....step back and remember your thoughts when you heard that the Eagles just traded their 3rd string QB for our 2nd Rd. pick. Not too long ago, we had Fiedler and Feeley fighting for the QB job (:sidelol:). That was embarrassing, at best. Now, we may land a top QB in Culpepper or Brees.....I'll take that any day!

Either way, I'll be screaming for the Fins on game day!!

Go Fins!!

:gossip:

i deff would rather have brees over daunte but wats all the hating on culpepper if he is really traded to miami i mean we would be getting a good QB who has also been to the probowl as well...if you would of told me 2 years ago that we were getting culpepper i would of probably cried of joy but now since there is all this speculation that we are getting brees everyone doesnt even want to think of daunte as QB...and for everyone who thinks daunte was only good because of randy moss...well we have CHRIS CHAMBERS!!!!!!

Trekbiz said:

Exactly.....those were Brees' stats in 2003.

Also add on to that: a stellar 5.92 YPA and those 15 picks were thrown in only 11 games.

AlanSaysYo said:
Not a very good comparison.
Agreed.

And what does the lap dance have to do with anything? Did anyone even bring that up? And if so, please link me.

Daunte does not have good character, he isn't a leader, he is consistently injured, he had 5 times more INT's than touchdowns in the first seven games last season, really bad attitude, and is a locker room distraction.

All of that, makes him a headcase. To think that our franchise QB's go from Bob Griese, to Dan Marino, and now Daunte Culpepper. I seriously think we are heading on the wrong direction.

Daunte Culpepper will be the biggest bust in Dolphins history since Eric Green.

Still rather have Drew Brees, who is a proven, settled, great character, pro bowl QB with consistent numbers the past 2 seasons.

jason_taylor said:

:eek: :eek:

WTF is this? What does his skin have to do with anything?

Back
Top Bottom