Merged: Darnell Bing | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darnell Bing

MonkeyDog said:
Tonights game will feature several players from both LSU/Miami that could be future Dolphins. Along with Landry, I'll be watching SS Jesse Daniels and WR Dwayne Bowe.

Don't foget Skylar Green. He could be a second day contributer.

arent the safeties in sabans system more of a left right same responsibilities/ share responsibilties than a strong and free safety, i remember reading that earlier this year. if so it gives us more options, i would love to see us jump all over d in the draft cb lb and safety, along with ol and qb. landry has to be on nicks mind

claytonAndDuper said:
arent the safeties in sabans system more of a left right same responsibilities/ share responsibilties than a strong and free safety, i remember reading that earlier this year. if so it gives us more options, i would love to see us jump all over d in the draft cb lb and safety, along with ol and qb. landry has to be on nicks mind

I think thats how the old defense was more or less set up.

Saban seems to use the two in a more traditional role, as the FS the coverage guy and the SS the tough close to the line guy.

I've watched a few Texas games this year and I thought Huff was really good. I think he's the best Safety in this draft(not including Jimmy Williams CB/S). He can hit, cover, and has speed. He is also versatile because he has played Corner in the past. I think it's a big advantage to have a safety that can cover a WR one-on-one. With that said, I wouldn't be dissapointed with Landry or Bing because they're all good. Also look out if we win and the Atlanta Falcons lose this week because they would then move a spot ahead of us in the draft and likely select a safety because I hear they're not happy with their safetys. I heard they want harder hitting safetys and I guess Bing fits the bill.

caneaddict said:
I don't know how well he's recovering from the hip injury, but we can get Jason Allen in the 2nd, maybe even in the 3rd (not likely) if he really falls. I think he could be just as good at safety as anyone we can get in teh 1st round (assuming he recovers 100%).

I agree... Allen was a stud before he got hurt...

MonkeyDog said:
Tonights game will feature several players from both LSU/Miami that could be future Dolphins. Along with Landry, I'll be watching SS Jesse Daniels and WR Dwayne Bowe.

Also, OLB Cameron Vaughn from LSU... a steal in the 3rd round...

Heard it here 1st

Saban will not take a QB with the 16th pick.I told you all last year that Kyle Ortan will slip to the 4th round.I got chewed up for that one but i was right.I think Saban might see what im seeing.Right now Matt lineart and reggie get all the talks about.They got a strong safty named Darnell Bing.This kid can flat out play.Watch the game this week.this is how i see it. 16th pick Dolphins select Darnell Bing SS USC.Second round pick we will take Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler.One of them will be there.Like i said you Heard it here 1st

I don't think Cutler will be there for us to draft, and unless Saban reaches for a QB we'll go defense in the 1st and hope Croyle is there in the second.

Cutler will be gone in the first and Quinn isnt coming out and if he did would probably be a top 10-15 selection. Niether Cutler nor Quiin would fall to the 2nd let alone halfway down the 2nd.

kingfin said:
Saban will not take a QB with the 16th pick.I told you all last year that Kyle Ortan will slip to the 4th round.I got chewed up for that one but i was right.I think Saban might see what im seeing.Right now Matt lineart and reggie get all the talks about.They got a strong safty named Darnell Bing.This kid can flat out play.Watch the game this week.this is how i see it. 16th pick Dolphins select Darnell Bing SS USC.Second round pick we will take Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler.One of them will be there.Like i said you Heard it here 1st

I could believe that you predicted Orton wouldn't be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Then again, I didn't see many mock drafts that had him in the top 3 in the first place. Quinn will stay another year and as far as Cutler is concerned, I don't think he falls out of the 1st round.

I agree, miami should not take a QB 1st round. I feel bad for whoever does take cutler.

kingfin said:

How do you have the Dolphins picking 16th...there were 15 teams with a worse record and 3 with the same 9-7 record, one of them San Diego...if head-to-head is the first tie breaker, then the Fins would pick 17th, but, it would depend on the tie breaker with Dallas and Minn.

Does anybody know what the tie breakers are ??

Back
Top Bottom