MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

ckparrothead said:
First off he does have a gag order on players. They can only speak to the press during approved interview sessions.

Second, he would never restrict them from saying something that he himself has said publicly multiple times.

Actually Saban just said publicly from Gatsby's that he does not want to look into the future and speak hypothetically but that the best player would remain on the field and they wouldn't change that until they felt another player would definitely give them the better chance of winning.

It was pretty funny, someone had a little kid stand up and ask him if Joey Harrington continued to win would he start next season.

I have to say Saban didn't say Daunte was the guy of the future, he basically said may the best man win which I think is great because we always want the best guy out on the field regardless of what the fans think or want.

bluehaze said:
Actually Saban just said publicly from Gatsby's that he does not want to look into the future and speak hypothetically but that the best player would remain on the field and they wouldn't change that until they felt another player would definitely give them the better chance of winning.

It was pretty funny, someone had a little kid stand up and ask him if Joey Harrington continued to win would he start next season.

I have to say Saban didn't say Daunte was the guy of the future, he basically said may the best man win which I think is great because we always want the best guy out on the field regardless of what the fans think or want.
Good enough for me. I have confidence that Culpepper would win a competition next year. And if not, kudos to Joey. Problem is that Joey signed a 2 year contract, and if for whatever reason, Joey becomes the probowler some of you think he will be, then we may lose him to FA, and ONCE AGAIN be stuck without a QB.

We spend so much time debating this QB stuff...I doubt even Joey Harrington cares about what these players said, the way we do...lol

I think we read so much into the littlest things that we hear about the players. The truth is, we don't have the slightest clue about how everyong gets along in the locker room. But here we are, debating that Joey is disliked because he isn't hugged enough in the endzone, or because there is a positive comment made about Culpepper by a couple of players.

Besides, the way the media spins things, who knows how these comments were even made? They could have been a roundabout way of showing simple support for Daunte in the light of the Minnesota game...(what will we hear when we are preparing for Detroit?) or they could simply be based on the fact that Daunte really was brought here to be the starter, with Joey playing the experienced backup role.

I just glad that we have a capable enough backup QB to run the show until the starter (whoever it may be) is finally determined. Besides, I don't think we have seen the best Joey has to offer...he seems to be learning more and more each week. I can't wait for the game this weekend.

ckparrothead said:
First off he does have a gag order on players. They can only speak to the press during approved interview sessions.

Sure he does, that's how this whole thread started.
Players being interviewed were asked a question about the future at QB and they respectfully refused to answer on that........ Wait, that's not what happened at all.

You hear interviews of players all the time while never hearing interviews of asst. coaches.

He may try to limit what they say but there is no gag order on player interviews.

Back
Top Bottom