MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

KuD said:
Chambers shouldn't be worried about who our QB of the future is he should worry about keeping his job. It's dissapointing that the players would spew this crap in the middle of the season when Harrington IS the starter. Who cares who they or anyone else thinks is the future. Why the hell bring something like that up right now. We have a wildcard to chase. Way to boost your starters confidence. Bunch of idiots.

You got it Kud. If I were the coach, I would clean that little clique up right NOW before it becomes a cancer to the team.

KuD said:
Chambers shouldn't be worried about who our QB of the future is he should worry about keeping his job. It's dissapointing that the players would spew this crap in the middle of the season when Harrington IS the starter. Who cares who they or anyone else thinks is the future. Why the hell bring something like that up right now. We have a wildcard to chase. Way to boost your starters confidence. Bunch of idiots.

:lol:

Best post of the thread.

I understand their line of thinking and where they're coming from but making comments on it now was ridiculous.

Maybe Saban should switch his media "gag order" to the players instead of the Asst. Coaches.

Dolfan984 said:
Aww don't be mad your boy won't be starting next year. Just enjoy the rest of this year. We're winning now ya know. Next year Miami's offense will be explosive. :D

I have no "boy." I am dedicated to the player that gives us the best chance to win at every position. I am not a players fan. I wasn't a Joey fan before he came to Miami. I am a Joey fan now, because he the best quarterback on the roster. The only reason this game is "dedicated" to "your boy" is because his knee-cap might pop off if I flicked it.

P.S. Don't MAKE me take my DK trophy back 984. :club:

Trekbiz said:

Best post of the thread.

I understand their line of thinking and where they're coming from but making comments on it now was ridiculous.

Maybe Saban should switch his media "gag order" to the players instead of the Asst. Coaches.

They were asked a question, and merely answered it. How is that ridiculous? It's not like they called the press conference themselves to talk about how they believe Culpepper is the future of this team.

Frisches13283 said:
They were asked a question, and merely answered it. How is that ridiculous? It's not like they called the press conference themselves to talk about how they believe Culpepper is the future of this team.

Some questions the media asks are better left un-answered. They do get paid to stir the pot and create controversy afterall. Take for example the Ricky interview that was posted here not to long ago.

Trekbiz said:

Best post of the thread.

First off he does have a gag order on players. They can only speak to the press during approved interview sessions.

Second, he would never restrict them from saying something that he himself has said publicly multiple times.

Lets hope they whoop some Viking butt, for Daunte. Can't stand Childress, and hated the way he dissed Daunte.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Found this funny from Peter King

[URL="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/helmets/65/vikings_r_65.gif"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/helmets/65/vikings_r_65.gif[/URL] [URL="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/helmets/65/dolphins_l_65.gif"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/helmets/65/dolphins_l_65.gif[/URL]

Minnesota (4-5) at Miami (3-6)
Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a full-scale quarterback controversy in both of these Daunte Culpepper-less franchises. The Vikings long for the Culpepper days. The Dolphins long for the days before the Culpepper days, when Drew Brees showed up on their radar screens and quickly migrated to New Orleans.
Miami 27, Minnesota 6

ROFL, Yes Drew Brees is certainly doing well. Dan Marino picked the Saints to go to the SuperBowl last night on INFL :boohoo: Man it is aggravating to know that we could have had him.

Frisches13283 said:

i agree and dont understand why ppl think this is a distraction......i think JOEY would be the first to stand up for Daunte and say this one is for you man....I like Joey and think his a class act......this should pump everyone up including Joey...this shouldnt be a negative to the team.....and next week Im sure everyone will say lets go out and get this for joey....thats the concept of the team guys

bluehaze said:
ROFL, Yes Drew Brees is certainly doing well. Dan Marino picked the Saints to go to the SuperBowl last night on INFL :boohoo: Man it is aggravating to know that we could have had him.

whats done is done....good for brees and the saints......hurts a bit but we need to move on

KuD said:
Some questions the media asks are better left un-answered. They do get paid to stir the pot and create controversy afterall. Take for example the Ricky interview that was posted here not to long ago.

this is not stirring controversy....are u sure u dont work for the media...cause it sure sounds like it

KuD said:
I have no "boy." I am dedicated to the player that gives us the best chance to win at every position. I am not a players fan. I wasn't a Joey fan before he came to Miami. I am a Joey fan now, because he the best quarterback on the roster. The only reason this game is "dedicated" to "your boy" is because his knee-cap might pop off if I flicked it.

P.S. Don't MAKE me take my DK trophy back 984. :club:

I think we both agree that Harrington should play the rest of the year. When Daunte is healthy, he is the better QB of the two. I don't understand what you see in Joey compared to a QB like Fiedler. You might be competitive, but you're not going to win championships with that guy either. The reason this game is dedicated to Daunte is because it's his former team, and he really wanted to play this game. The players know Daunte is the future, and that's good enough for me.

You can have the DK badge if you want to play that same level over and over for an hour and a half. I hate me some Donkey Kong, but damn am I clutch or what? ;)

bluehaze said:

I was a Drew Brees guy too. =/ Then again the Steelers just beat them so how good can they be. How good is the NFC?

Dolfan984 said:
I think we both agree that Harrington should play the rest of the year. When Daunte is healthy, he is the better QB of the two. I don't understand what you see in Joey compared to a QB like Fiedler. You might be competitive, but you're not going to win championships with that guy either. The reason this game is dedicated to Daunte is because it's his former team, and he really wanted to play this game. The players know Daunte is the future, and that's good enough for me.

You can have the DK badge if you want to play that same level over and over for an hour and a half. I hate me some Donkey Kong, but damn am I clutch or what? ;)

Again I must emphasize, IF Daunte gets healthy not WHEN. IF Daunte gets healthy then it's likely that he'll be a better option.

I don't treat Joey any differently than I treated Fiedler, though I do think Joey has a lot of potential to be better than Fielder was. With Fiedler I treated him like the best QB on our roster at the time. Yes, like everyone else I wanted to upgrade, but Wanny was content on sticking with Fiedler for whatever reason for several years, so I supported Fiedler as our QB still. Its the same thing now. Culpepper has to make me a believer out of me. I refuse to take the blind faith route like so many here have.

As for the players knowing Daunte is the future. No they don't, they don't know any more than you or I. That's just wishful thinking on their part.

Dolfan984 said:
I was a Drew Brees guy too. =/ Then again the Steelers just beat them so how good can they be. How good is the NFC?

Yea, I don't know the Steelers are 2-8 or whatever there record is I dont know but Roethlisberger is a freak. The guy starts off the season with QB ratings in the 30's then plays games with QB ratings in the 150's. When you lose to the Steelers you can't really say you lost to a 2-8 team (or whatever there record is I didn't bother to check) because of that.

There was another show on NFL network as I was reading this thread where they were trying to figure out which player brought the most to their team this year and they all selected Drew Brees for totally turning that franchise around...that's what got me started on the Drew Brees thing here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom