MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Harrington played a big part in the wins by not making the mistakes he made early in the year.

You're right. He's been a decent caretaker under a good running game and dominating defense. He's fine for the rest of the year, just need an upgrade for next year if we don't want a soso offense once again.

bluehaze said:
While it's nice that Chambers thinks Daunte is his QB of the future, Chambers might not even be here next year :lol: I have been extremely disappointed with Chambers this year hopefully he will start concentrating on getting open and catching the ball rather than who his QB is. I do think it's nice they are dedicating this game to Daunte though. Thier hearts are in the right place.
Chambers has played extremely well the past two games as far as getting open. He was wide open on a number of plays Sunday, Joey just doesnt have the accuracy to get him the ball. That's why the recievers are getting frusturated with him.

i wonder how joey feels about hes receivers saying daunte is their qb of the future.

well thats a bit of a soul breaker so that means joey maybe next year is your last year here if cpep is healthy.

bigguy1381 said:
Chambers has played extremely well the past two games as far as getting open. He was wide open on a number of plays Sunday, Joey just doesnt have the accuracy to get him the ball. That's why the recievers are getting frusturated with him.

I agree he was open on the sidelines by a fair margin a few times and Joey sailed the ball over his head. I'm not talking one where he threw it away, Chambers was pretty wide open a few times in the 2nd half and he just didn't get him the ball.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think the problem is the Wr's should be worring about who is playing and not an injured player that can't play. Maybe if they focused a bit more, McMike and Chambers may have a game with more catches then drops.

When Culpepper gets the green light to play, then by all means, talk him up, but just catch the dam balls before you talk.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but this is just the media trying to brew up a story before the Viking's game. They aren't really saying anything bad about Joey. They were just asked do you think Daunte is the QB of the future and of course their going to say yes. Could you imagine the repurcussions if they said no? :lol: That would be disasterous. Hopefully CPep does get back to form, but I wouldn't take much from this, it's just a feel good article before going into the Vikings game.

Daunt8TDChris84 said:
i wonder how joey feels about hes receivers saying daunte is their qb of the future.

well thats a bit of a soul breaker so that means joey maybe next year is your last year here if cpep is healthy.

Joey never came here thinking he would be the long term starter.

nuttie_buddie said:
and that more it tooo.....sad fact of the matter is that randy drop two balls in defenders hands.....maybe if he would of caught them he would not be soooo down on joey
Hey guess what - in the Bills game McMichael dropped a goal line pass right in his hands and would have been a TD to have Miami up 7-3 at half. The very next play Daunte throws a horrible INT, and we come out with no points. I'm so tired of these WHAT IF's! These things happen in every damn football game. Just maybe you should be asking yourself why is it that these receivers tip off so many of Joey's passes. This has plagued him throughout his career. When I was at the Chief's game I wanted to see for myself. In my opinion, Joey throws the ball WAY TOO HARD to a receiver that's 10 yards or less in front of him. He has absolutely NO TOUCH. Again, I'm not taking responsibility from the receiver at fault, because in the end, it always takes TWO or more players to make a play or mess up a play.

All those people here who want to see this is as Joey supporters or Daunte supporters, are so damn full of it and hipocritical. You sit there saying that the love of one QB is what you really support, while you blindly say that the other QB you like is a GOD. I can tell you right now - in my opinion they have BOTH played well below average.

Now, as far as who I think is a better player and the future of Miami, it's without a doubt, Daunte. All I need to know is what he has done in the past to know this. Yeah, this is 2006, not 2004... blah blah blah blah - but guess what, when we ALL judge players, we judge them by what they have proven on the field in the PAST! Based on that, we hope that they can continue to do this on a consistent basis. The player should also be given a chance to prove this at 100% healthy to judge him!

As far as Joey, he didn't prove anything at all in Detroit. Guess what, he hasn't proven anything here in Miami! I'm glad we have a very serviceable back-up in case our QB gets injured. He's a decent, or perhaps good game manager, but if mediocrity is all you want from your QB, then he's your man I guess.

The reason I think some of us are labeled Daunte and Joey homers, is because some of us feel the need to defend some of these incredibly stupid comments about each player. And yes, this goes for defending both Daunte and Joey. Although in the end, I definitely see more "blind" hate for Daunte and "blind" man-crush for Joey, which I don't understand.

I want the Dolphins to WIN! I also want the Dolphins to have the best player possible for every position out there that they can acquire. I think Daunte is hands down the best man on the roster for the QB position. I want Joey to succeed more than anyone so we can win our upcoming games - because we will need him to in order to achieve this. But for the love of GOD, please stop these endless QB love-hate orgies of debate which do NOTHING in the end to change fans minds about players! I hope what they do on the field will be the factor to make up your mind on a player, and not just their names being either Joey or Daunte!

JayCee said:
Hey guess what - in the Bills game McMichael dropped a goal line pass right in his hands and would have been a TD to have Miami up 7-3 at half. The very next play Daunte throws a horrible INT, and we come out with no points. I'm so tired of these WHAT IF's! These things happen in every damn football game. Just maybe you should be asking yourself why is it that these receivers tip off so many of Joey's passes. This has plagued him throughout his career. When I was at the Chief's game I wanted to see for myself. In my opinion, Joey throws the ball WAY TOO HARD to a receiver that's 10 yards or less in front of him. He has absolutely NO TOUCH. Again, I'm not taking responsibility from the receiver at fault, because in the end, it always takes TWO or more players to make a play or mess up a play.

All those people here who want to see this is as Joey supporters or Daunte supporters, are so damn full of it and hipocritical. You sit there saying that the love of one QB is what you really support, while you blindly say that the other QB you like is a GOD. I can tell you right now - in my opinion they have BOTH played well below average.

Now, as far as who I think is a better player and the future of Miami, it's without a doubt, Daunte. All I need to know is what he has done in the past to know this. Yeah, this is 2006, not 2004... blah blah blah blah - but guess what, when we ALL judge players, we judge them by what they have proven on the field in the PAST! Based on that, we hope that they can continue to do this on a consistent basis. The player should also be given a chance to prove this at 100% healthy to judge him!

As far as Joey, he didn't prove anything at all in Detroit. Guess what, he hasn't proven anything here in Miami! I'm glad we have a very serviceable back-up in case our QB gets injured. He's a decent, or perhaps good game manager, but if mediocrity is all you want from your QB, then he's your man I guess.

The reason I think some of us are labeled Daunte and Joey homers, is because some of us feel the need to defend some of these incredibly stupid comments about each player. And yes, this goes for defending both Daunte and Joey. Although in the end, I definitely see more "blind" hate for Daunte and "blind" man-crush for Joey, which I don't understand.

I want the Dolphins to WIN! I also want the Dolphins to have the best player possible for every position out there that they can acquire. I think Daunte is hands down the best man on the roster for the QB position. I want Joey to succeed more than anyone so we can win our upcoming games - because we will need him to in order to achieve this. But for the love of GOD, please stop these endless QB love-hate orgies of debate which do NOTHING in the end to change fans minds about players! I hope what they do on the field will be the factor to make up your mind on a player, and not just their names being either Joey or Daunte!

Well said! I don't know how many people actually think what Culpepper did this year was anything but below average, but the rest of this post was very very well said.

Found this funny from Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/matchups/vikings-dolphins.html
Minnesota (4-5) at Miami (3-6)
Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a full-scale quarterback controversy in both of these Daunte Culpepper-less franchises. The Vikings long for the Culpepper days. The Dolphins long for the days before the Culpepper days, when Drew Brees showed up on their radar screens and quickly migrated to New Orleans.
Miami 27, Minnesota 6

John Biello said:
way to bring something positive as usual kud, always gotta play the dark cloud

Well, it certainly is something to consider. Our starting QB has almost every fan, and it seems, nfl commentator and media turd trashing him for one reason or another.

For continunities sake, I believe I would be very careful if I were a player on the phins with what I said relating to the QB position.

There is nothing wrong with them dedicating the game to DC, but they need to remember they have a QB that has been through hell since being drafted driving their machine right now. He needs all the support and encouragement the team can muster.

Joey, most likely isn't offended by this. From what I've seen of his personality, he may be the one to recommend it.

When I see someone like Joey Harrington, go through what he's been through and still maintain CLASS, I become a dedicated fan of such charactor.

PatsSuck456 said:
Intresting.

Yeah why else would he just sign a 2 year deal?

nfl contracts arent always the length of the contract....and both parties are well aware....THIS IS DAUNTE"S TEAM

i think dautne can be the playmaker we need and not just the adequate qb we have in joey

themole said:
Well, it certainly is something to consider. Our starting QB has almost every fan, and it seems, nfl commentator and media turd trashing him for one reason or another.

For continunities sake, I believe I would be very careful if I were a player on the phins with what I said relating to the QB position.

There is nothing wrong with them dedicating the game to DC, but they need to remember they have a QB that has been through hell since being drafted driving their machine right now. He needs all the support and encouragement the team can muster.

Joey, most likely isn't offended by this. From what I've seen of his personality, he may be the one to recommend it.

When I see someone like Joey Harrington, go through what he's been through and still maintain CLASS, I become a dedicated fan of such charactor.
kudos to you, we must support Harrington right now. whether we like it or not he is the starter and he could use a confidence boost

Back
Top Bottom