Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

i love this website and all the beef that goes down...what would i do without finheaven.....its old news man.....where have you been the last 8 hrs???!!!!!

lol

i love finheaven and i like the beef too.....makes my day at work interesting....whoops....edit edit....i dont go on finheaven during work

Ok, so this is where we stand on the Harrington negotiations:

Harrington and the Dolphins HAVE agreed on a contract, but the hold up is compensation. The Lions want at least a 6th round pick, but the Fins are trying to convince them to take two 7th round picks. Joey prefers Miami and has the right not to negotiate with a team he doesn't want to go to(seems like he doesn't want to go to Cincy). The Bengals are offering a 5th round pick to the Lions, but Harrington doesn't like their contract offer.

This is a messy situation, but it seems like we still have the edge in the Harrington race.

Nublar7 said:
Ok, so this is where we stand on the Harrington negotiations:

Harrington and the Dolphins HAVE agreed on a contract, but the hold up is compensation. The Lions want at least a 6th round pick, but the Fins are trying to convince them to take two 7th round picks. Joey prefers Miami and has the right not to negotiate with a team he doesn't want to go to(seems like he doesn't want to go to Cincy). The Bengals are offering a 5th round pick to the Lions, but Harrington doesn't like their contract offer.

This is a messy situation, but it seems like we still have the edge in the Harrington race.

Thanks for the update Nublar

primetime23 said:
why not give them a 2007 6th rounder
In the end, it may come down to that. Seems to me like Saban and Mueller are just trying to get Millen to crack and just accept the two 7th round picks. If for some reason he doesn't crack, I could see us throwing our 6th rounder next year at them.

Jeff Blake

I know I will probably get flamed for this but what about bringing in Jeff Blake. I know he is getting up there in age but I did watch him in a couple of Bears games last year and I thought he should have been there QB. He can still make all of the throws. I could be wrong but I have always liked his deep ball and that seems to fit our offense well. Thoughts?

Nublar7 said:
In the end, it may come down to that. Seems to me like Saban and Mueller are just trying to get Millen to crack and just accept the two 7th round picks. If for some reason he doesn't crack, I could see us throwing our 6th rounder next year at them.

Considering this was one of Millen's 'boys.... he's probably trying to be difficult to save some of his ego. Ya know... he's a football JEANUS.

NathanHunt said:
Considering this was one of Millen's 'boys.... he's probably trying to be difficult to save some of his ego. Ya know... he's a football JEANUS.
I don't think it will be too hard to get Millen to accept our deal instead of his. I read a few days ago that Millen wants some compensation but said he would not stand in the way of Joey going to a team he wanted to. To me, that says he will eventually take our offer of two 7th round picks.

Nublar7 said:
I don't think it will be too hard to get Millen to accept our deal instead of his. I read a few days ago that Millen wants some compensation but said he would not stand in the way of Joey going to a team he wanted to. To me, that says he will eventually take our offer of two 7th round picks.
I have seen anywhere we have offered 2 7th round picks...that may very well be the case..but I have not seen that in print anywhere.:confused:

NYPhinFan said:
I have seen anywhere we have offered 2 7th round picks...that may very well be the case..but I have not seen that in print anywhere.:confused:
http://lions.scout.com/2/516216.html
However, Miami has not offered what the Lions are looking for in terms of compensation for the former third overall pick in the draft. The Dolphins do not have either a 5th or a 6th round pick and are balking at sending Detroit anything higher and is trying to convince Detroit to take two 7th round picks.

NFL's draft tracker shows our picks for this draft, though they still have us with our 2nd rounder, so I don't know how accurate the rest of it is. Outside of the # 51 selection, it seems about right. Does anyone think we're trying to get Detroit to take a sixth rounder next year since we have none this year?

I'm not sure what will come of it, though I'm prepared to lose Harrington to the Bengals if they really do offer a 5th for him. I admire Saban for sticking to his guns if he feels that Joey isn't worth a fifth in ANY year and decides to look elsewhere for a backup. No need to panic over this particular player and lose a pick down the road for someone who Saban may feel doesn't carry that kind of value.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/team/MIA

Brad528 said:
More like Harrington = Worst QB in the entire league which = bad move and bad decision just like most of his passes

I don't think you watch much football if you think Harrington is the worst in the league. What a non-astute analysis.

Back
Top Bottom