Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

Suddenly I am getting worried about the Harrington talks. :(

The Dolphins and Lions took a pause from the Joey Harrington trade negotiations Monday but the teams are expected to resume talks today. At this juncture, the quarterback seems ready to go to either Miami or Cincinnati.

The Dolphins and Harrington's agents "seem to be in the same ballpark," on a contract, according to a source close to the negotiations, but an NFL source said Harrington and the Bengals also are close on a potential contract.

Harrington's agents have permission to negotiate with both teams.

But nothing can be completed without the Lions agreeing to a trade, and that is holding things up now.

The Lions want a sixth-round pick or better, but the Dolphins, handicapped because they don't own a sixth- or fifth-rounder this year, seem willing to give one of their three seventh-rounders.

It is unclear if the sides could agree to compensation involving multiple seventh-rounders or a pick in the 2007 draft.

The Bengals remain a strong contender to land Harrington because they have their full complement of draft picks.

Denver and Kansas City have also shown interest in Harrington.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14255823.htm

Cincy is getting close to a contract also. :(

I hope the trade goes through tomorrow so we can end this. I hate when these types of things drag on for days and in some cases(Arrington) weeks.

Nublar7 said:
I hope the trade goes through tomorrow so we can end this. I hate when these types of things drag on for days and in some cases(Arrington) weeks.

We will lose out on both.........that's just my gut feeling........

Yeah.......I just don't want to see Joey Harrington starting for the dolphins this year because Culpepper isn't ready to play, but hey, actually give harrington some talent around him for once and see what he can do.

MDFINFAN said:
It sounds like Miami is number 1 in the race, but our lack of picks selections may hold this up for awhile..I hope we don't start giving away next year's draft picks this year.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/04/04/a2c_fins_0404.html
yeah it is old but let the people who want to talk about it talk about it. i think if we gave up a 6th for the guy next season we would be fine. but if we give 1-5 i ll be pissed. i might not be for a 5th but it seems to pricey for a backup. why not 1 7th this year and maybe one next year!

well a 7th this year and maybe a 6th next year isnt all that bad. we could make that 6th somewhere probably.

Why don't we just give them two of our 7th rounders this year and call it even!This way we can focus on Lavar, Schulters and the draft!!!!

elite14eva said:
i think he's going to cincy they have all of their picks.
i dont think so. he wants to be here from what it sounds like. unless cincy offers more than a one year deal, i think miami is where he is going to end up.

motioncityhifi said:
i dont think so. he wants to be here from what it sounds like. unless cincy offers more than a one year deal, i think miami is where he is going to end up.
on kffl it says they may be close to an agreement.

Back
Top Bottom