MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

If you want butts in the seats and really just want to support the team put your money where your mouth is, offer to pay a locals expenses to go to a game. If nobody takes you up on the offer then feel free to bad mouth the locals as bad fans all you want.

I'll even chip in if you want to start a fund.
You want me to pay for others to go to the game? lol. That is your solution? :lol:

Hey guys, local attendance is poor so instead of paying and going to the game ourselves, lets look for handouts from out of state fans. :lol: Thanks for the laugh, I will pay for myself and my family to go to the games, if the locals want to go to the game they can pay for it themselves. I want local support, but I am definitely not in favor of giving free tickets to a bandwagon fan. Looking for handouts and for others to pay for things for you is why this country is in the poor shape it is. If you have support for the team and want to be there, you will buy tickets.

You want me to pay for others to go to the game? lol. That is your solution? :lol:

Hey guys, local attendance is poor so instead of paying and going to the game ourselves, lets look for handouts from out of state fans. :lol: Thanks for the laugh, I will pay for myself and my family to go to the games, if the locals want to go to the game they can pay for it themselves. I want local support, but I am definitely not in favor of giving free tickets to a bandwagon fan.

C'mon Nubs you're not being a team player. Ross is doing his part preventing blackouts. Do your part and help fill that stadium up. :lol: ....just kidding of course.

Yeah that's a pretty ridiculous idea.

Fans still aren't filling up the stadium because we're in wait and see mode. They have to prove to us that they're worthy of our financial commitment. The Dolphins are the hot girlfriend that broke our hearts too many times. We're not going to just jump back into it after a couple good dates.
I was at Tannehill and Philbin's first home game which just so happen to be their first win together and it was worth every penny.

Whether its your ass in the seat or somebody elses they are still supporting the team, thats what you're all about right, supporting the team? Your money would be directly helping to support the team. I'm willing to do it, I guess by your own logic that makes me a better fan than you, yeah?

C'mon Nubs you're not being a team player. Ross is doing his part preventing blackouts. Do your part and help fill that stadium up. :lol: ....just kidding of course.

Yeah that's a pretty ridiculous idea.
All I want to see is a full stadium and a true home field advantage, not sure why some are considering me the bad guy. In the end a home field advantage (aka the 12th man) can help influence the final outcome of games and put a fear into opposing teams. Hope this doesn't come as a shock to some of you, but a 12th man can help lead to the winning we all want to see.

Who here actually likes seeing the stadium empty on game days? Come on, speak up and let it be known if you are happy and smile with the current attendance problem? If you didn't put your hand up, how can you look at me in a negative light? I want a winning team, a full stadium, a true home field advantage and the team to always reman in Mami. If you have a problem with my view on this topic, which one of those four things don't you want?

Whether its your ass in the seat or somebody elses they are still supporting the team, thats what you're all about right, supporting the team? Your money would be directly helping to support the team. I'm willing to do it, I guess by your own logic that makes me a better fan than you, yeah?

Just quit now with the idea of having others pay for things for you. Are you going to raise your children to look for handouts and not work for what they want? Your idea is ridiculous, I would suggest you not pursue this anymore.

Yes but other losing teams sell out their tickets. Their fans come and support them even if they have a crappy product. Our fans don't.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

What about the Hurricanes? They can have a winning record and win their division and the stadium is half empty. Horrible fan support. It seems like the fans don't show up for the Hurricanes games unless they're ranked in the top 5 and are undefeated.

The Hurricanes do not have a home field. Have you ever been to the university? The stadium and the university are like 3 hours apart. Do you except students to travel 3 hours to go to a game?

Hard to put fans in the stands when we don't have a lot of fans to begin with. Winning "creates" fans but that doesn't mean that they're "fans" like those of us posting here on this board.

That stadium sucks to begin with. That's not a football stadium. Miami v. Florida State is a huge game every season. Stadium is packed. Tons of Hurricane fans. Tons of Seminole fans. And it won't matter if both teams are in the top five. That stadium won't provide either team with a home field advantage because it's not designed to. First row of seats is forever away from the sidelines. There's a disconnect between player and fan. At the old Orange Bowl, we could reach out at slap opposing players if we wanted to.

The Orange Bowl was a true home field advantage. Not a day goes by that I don't think about that stadium. You guys missed out if you never got to see the Dolphins in that stadium....back when football was great.

The Hurricanes do not have a home field. Have you ever been to the university? The stadium and the university are like 3 hours apart. Do you except students to travel 3 hours to go to a game?

It's not three hours lol. Biggest problem with the Hurricanes is that you're playing in a 75k seat stadium and you hardly have 10k students. Even with graduate students you're under 15k. How can you fill that many seats with so few students?

As for other teams with losing records who fill their seats, what the **** are you going to do in Buffalo other than hang yourself? It's cold as **** there damn near all year. Girls in Buffalo don't own bikinis. People in Buffalo go to Canada of all places because Buffalo sucks. Imagine that your city sucks so bad that you're willing to go to Canada to get away lol. The Bills offer some kind of entertainment and escape. Any other time you're stuck inside trying to stay warm because there's 17 feet of snow on the ground. The Bills get you out of the house from time to time.

Just quit now with the idea of having others pay for things for you. Are you going to raise your children to look for handouts and not work for what they want? Your idea is ridiculous, I would suggest you not pursue this anymore.

I'm not looking for handouts, I'm willing to donate to the cause. Isn't taking action better than just constantly whining about it week after week?

And I have made donations to your website so I don't know why your being so dispereging against the idea of "handouts"

Havent Been to the Playoffs since 2008

Havent won a playoff game since 2000

Havent been to the conf championship since 1992

Havent been to the super bowl since 1984

Havent won the super bowl since 1973

Its been a long time since this franchise has been relevant. This is part of our problem. Dare I say a big part.

Yet I still fly down once a year to see them play. **** those that quit this team. I don't give a **** how bad they are. You quit, you're worthless to me.

Completely agree on the BORING part. Since Danny boy left (and towards the end of his career anyways) Miami football has been tailored to run first and play good defense. It has been reflected in our coaching decisions and personnel. The modern average NFL fan doesn't want to watch for three hours as the offenses have three and outs and the running back goes for 3.5 yards a carry. Few teams can make that brand of football exciting. The defense has to be completely dominant and FORCE TURNOVERS ala Ravens, Bears, etc.

We are reflective of our society that is enamored with stimulation and instant results. We want fantasy football numbers, turnovers, touchdowns, trash talking, drama, big trades etc. Realize when I say "we" I'm talking as a general fan base and I would most here at finheaven just want to see a W in the win column. It is amazing to me with attendance falling for so long that Miami hasn't put forth more effort for a first round QB the last decade. The team needs superstars and if Tannehill can become that while yielding an exciting brand of vertical football then Miami may find the attendance creeping back up. This team has stars but not ones the city of Miami will embrace ie. Long, Starks, Soliai, Wake. This is why we will see Reggie back next year even if his play is mediocre. Ross realizes marketability is just as important as wins. I realize our secondary and pass rush has holes but speed and firepower on offense may be more priority in the draft to get the franchise back on track.

I see this has turned into yet another "you're a fair-weather fan" thread.

Just because it's sports, it doesn't make it any less of a business for me. You wouldn't continue giving any other business your money if the product was bad for months, let alone the better part of a decade. Call it whatever you wish. I love the Dolphins as much or more than anyone else here, but I'm not spending money on subpar product. Damnit, these are the Dolphins we're talking about. I remember a time when this was a very proud franchise. I have high standards. Everyone else should as well.

Tough sh*t if you can't relate.

I'm on the other side of this topic in comparison with you. Seeing as how life is short and the last time you go see them might be your last time ever, I don't give a damn about how bad they might have been. They're 5-7 in games I've flown down to see with the last win being this year vs. Oakland. I waited since 2005 to see a win (think it was six straight losses) but I went down there time and time again b/c I'm a loyal mother****er.

Someone up front needs to figure out how to win and win quick. Teams are flipping their fortunes in this league in a hurry. Rules are changing and some franchises are adapting, some are struggling to make transitions.

The NFL is big business. Time to get with the program. If not we may not be worrying about the team moving. The Dolphins might make the switch to Arena Football.

Piss on that.

I'm not looking for handouts, I'm willing to donate to the cause. Isn't taking action better than just constantly whining about it week after week?

And I have made donations to your website so I don't know why your being so dispereging against the idea of "handouts"

It is not really fair to compare donations to this website to buying tickets for a complete stranger. To get into a Dolphins game, you HAVE to pay. If you sign up at FinHeaven you can do everything without ever spending a dime. The Dolphins ultimate goal is to make a profit, FinHeaven's goal is just to pay for the ability to remain on the Internet, there is no profit.

We are always grateful for donations and we appreciate it from you. If I want to support the Dolphins, I will buy tickets, buy merchandise, things that send money directly to the organization. I am not going to randomly pick a person in Miami and offer to buy them tickets to the game. That isn't a donation, that is a handout.

Back
Top Bottom