MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

I personally hate domes and think domes are ruining one of the best part of the game. But if we so desperately want to have superbowls we should have a dome and have where if we want heat to be a factor have the middle able to be open. I do not care if Miami is hosting Superbowls even if i still lived there, i rather see our team go.

I agree completely. I love it when the players play in the elements.

But if they need to make the stadium better for future super bowls to come to Miami, then make it look good and put something useful on the stadium, not a Sims3 house design

I was trying to remember where I last saw cable wires & support poles that were as hideous as these Dolphin Stadium "upgrade" plans.

Then I remembered... London is welcoming the world to this for some of the Olympic events in 2012. It might look like a giant landmine but I'm not sure that having a stadium that looks like it was covered by a card table with a hole in it is much better. Agreed that it looks pretty cool on the inside, but on the outside instead of it being a symbol of pride for the team and the city it's an embarrassment.

2irjw7-1.jpg

This is more what i'm thinking. More aerodynamic in hurricanes.

Does anyone else think it is odd to put a sail on a building in hurricane country?

I'VE GOT IT! they've sold the naming rights to some guys from outerspace!!

"Ladies & Gentlemen...Welcome to "Area 51" Stadium!":abduction:

If the fans weren't such wussies there would not have to be a roof put on the damn stadium. For crying out loud, look how many open air stadiums there are in the NFL. Some fans sit in snow filled stadiums where it's freezing outside and they don't complain but yet our fans complain about being rained on. Boo hoo hoo. What a bunch pf pansies!!!! Putting a roof on Land Shark Stadium is going to make the Dolphins even more soft of a team then they already are. We need to be able to play in rain storms and not have all of our home games in a climate controlled air conditioned dome

That is hideous looking on the outside thought the interior looks nice. I think you guys have a great looking Stadium now(except for all the orange:D).

Well, thank goodness we don't have to share a Stadium.

Well, thank goodness we don't have to share a Stadium.
We might just have to share the Marlins stadium. Unless they can complete the renovations between Jan and July, which I doubt, where are we going to play? Is there another stadium we can play in? Orlando, perhaps?

That stadium has always promised more than it's delivered. This will be no exception.

Let's see, the location is not changing. It's dreadful. The foundation of a 23 year old bland structure will remain the same. I've been there 6 times this year and it's dull slabs showing their age everywhere.

The most important variable is seat location closer to the field. I looked at that closely this season at the Canes games. Literally every halftime I studied the seating angles in the lower deck. Everything is sensible based on seats ending where they do now, 25+ yards from the sideline. The angles don't work if you add more seating. It would flatten out, allowing almost no viewing at all other than the back of someone's head like back seat of a car. You either have to lower the field significantly, which causes even worse problems for spectators high in the upper deck who already can't see the full field, or the lower level seating needs to be completely torn apart and begun anew, leading in logical step ladder approach to the base of the boxes. I have no confidence they would take that step as opposed to a paste job. Every so-called upgrade has been a paste job.

The design was horrid in the first place. This reminds me of an artist who stubbornly insists on gobbing more and more paint onto a failed concept, instead of starting over with fresh canvas.

Don't you think it's remarkable that this problem first surfaced only a few months ago, when Goodell raised concerns and the stadium bigwigs were stunned, and somehow they've already got a specific design in mind? This is South Florida, where stadium issues require years if not decades. We have variables other areas do not, like heat/humidity concerns co-existing with hurricane potential. As a gambler, I'd bet they blow it, in one major aspect if not several.

I think the roof needs to be rounded rather than the square top! If they are able to keep it a comfortable temperature more Fans would show up! Moving the seats closer is great! If the Dolphins keeps heading in the right direction there is no reason we shouldnt have one of the loudest stadiums in the league, Right now it is said that qwest field in seattle is the loudest to play in...
1009qwestfield570-1.jpg

I'll just be glad to see the Marlins out of there and in they're own stadium in 2012. Thats why the seats are so far away from the field right now.

That stadium has always promised more than it's delivered. This will be no exception.

Let's see, the location is not changing. It's dreadful. The foundation of a 23 year old bland structure will remain the same. I've been there 6 times this year and it's dull slabs showing their age everywhere.

The most important variable is seat location closer to the field. I looked at that closely this season at the Canes games. Literally every halftime I studied the seating angles in the lower deck. Everything is sensible based on seats ending where they do now, 25+ yards from the sideline. The angles don't work if you add more seating. It would flatten out, allowing almost no viewing at all other than the back of someone's head like back seat of a car. You either have to lower the field significantly, which causes even worse problems for spectators high in the upper deck who already can't see the full field, or the lower level seating needs to be completely torn apart and begun anew, leading in logical step ladder approach to the base of the boxes. I have no confidence they would take that step as opposed to a paste job. Every so-called upgrade has been a paste job.

The design was horrid in the first place. This reminds me of an artist who stubbornly insists on gobbing more and more paint onto a failed concept, instead of starting over with fresh canvas.

Don't you think it's remarkable that this problem first surfaced only a few months ago, when Goodell raised concerns and the stadium bigwigs were stunned, and somehow they've already got a specific design in mind? This is South Florida, where stadium issues require years if not decades. We have variables other areas do not, like heat/humidity concerns co-existing with hurricane potential. As a gambler, I'd bet they blow it, in one major aspect if not several.

I thought pretty much the same thing the last time they spent $250mil to give the place a facelift. I wondered 'how far do they really think that this will kick the can down the road?' I was pretty sure we'd be revisiting the issue again, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the financial situation is tough all over. But if 5-7 years after the roof goes up the stadium needs another $250mil facelift (which might be $500-750mil by that point), you could have thrown all these upgrades into a new stadium and been much better off. Some things can't be upgraded, they have to be built a certain way from the ground up. (See Dallas, circa 2010.)

The idea Miami pitched about rotating the Super Bowl to Miami every X number of years is pretty silly if you don't have a top 5 stadium.

A lot of people think Ross reaching out to celebs for minority ownership is about money for FA. I wonder if it wasn't really about a new stadium.

We might just have to share the Marlins stadium. Unless they can complete the renovations between Jan and July, which I doubt, where are we going to play? Is there another stadium we can play in? Orlando, perhaps?

For a season, and only until OCT, but the Jets/Giants have 1 Stadium for both share.

They wont do everything at once, so I dont think they would share with the Marlins. 1-Baseball specific stadium 2-only 40,000 seats or less. They would prob do something like the seating first in 2011, which they could complete from feb-jul. Then they do the roof in 2012 offseason.

By the way, Dolphin Stadium is already pretty loud[not close to the OB though] so moving the seats closer would only help. They even talked about how loud it was on our MNF games, so imagine with closer seats.

Back
Top Bottom