MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

I like the roof, especially how it covers the stands and not the field. IMO the heat is an important factor for us when teams come here to play.

Yuck. That roof is atrocious. I like where they are trying to go with the idea, but is there really no better option available?

Secondly, I think we are seriously bumbling here trying to update the stadium. We spent $250mil in 2007 on updating the club levels, and now it looks like we're going to spend another $250mil+ on this update. We might as well demolish the stadium and build a brand new one for that money. The new Marlin ballpark looks great and only costed about $500mil. A new football stadium would obviously cost more, but not much more (we don't need to spend 1 billion like the Cowboys did to have a state of the art stadium).

The picture they show is nothing short of amazing. And all of the upgrades sound like they would turn Landshark Stadium into something spectacular. It would take the franchise to the next level as far as "the stadium experience" goes. I just hope they pull it off.

this can't be the final disign. i do like that they are making the seats closer. Well at least it is something different... Kinda looks like a green house.

I agree with the few that said a retractable roof is the way to go.

Open-air for the sunny and pleasant games, and close the roof for inclement weather type of games.

Seems like a win-win IMHO.

It has been stated that installing a retractable roof will cost in the range of $450 million and the Dolphins believe that is too much.

"Dee and Super Bowl Host Committee Chairman Rodney Barreto said no cost estimates or sources to pay for the renovations have been determined."

How do we know its not worth it to just build a new stadium?

"Dee and Super Bowl Host Committee Chairman Rodney Barreto said no cost estimates or sources to pay for the renovations have been determined."

How do we know its not worth it to just build a new stadium?

We've already spent a few hundred million dollars on stadium renovations as it is. Granted, sunk costs shouldn't be a factor in future decisions, but the expenses are so recent and the economy is so poor that Ross might be reluctant to push for a new stadium altogether.

Besides, there's also the question of where the heck it would go. The city of Miami rejected a downtown stadium for the Marlins. Granted, the Triple A is downtown, but if the goal is to have convenient highway access, then there are only so many places you can build a new stadium at.

I like the looks of that it looks differnt on the out side of the sadium but it looks really nice

what is our stadium name as of right now? landshark stadium? or dolphins stadium? because on the link it says dolphin stadium, and i hear announcers always calling it dolphin stadium, thought it was landshark?

what is our stadium name as of right now? landshark stadium? or dolphins stadium? because on the link it says dolphin stadium, and i hear announcers always calling it dolphin stadium, thought it was landshark?
From Wikipedia:

"The sponsorship deal was reportedly for eight months and the name reverted to Dolphin Stadium in time for Super Bowl XLIV and the 2010 Pro Bowl, possibly to be replaced by another sponsor name if a deal can be secured before that time."

I say we cancel the plans for the marlins ballpark and use that money for the renovations. Its not like anyone is going to go see the marlins...... sometimes I wish the Orange bowl was still there.

Back
Top Bottom