MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

They're crazy if they think the drunks won't be trapling those pretty little sunflowers, urinating on them, and dumping empty beer cans there.

People walk thru those sections of the parking lot at every game because no one bothers to get the lot number for which they parked. People walk aimlessly around the lot trying to find their Toyota.

Definitely, and you can bet the Jests fans will love uprooting the landscaping.

But right now, the parking lot is basically a gigantic asphalt field. At the very least they could pretty up the entrances, especially from the University Drive side.

Quoting Myles Fynch

"I was trying to remember where I last saw cable wires & support poles that were as hideous as these Dolphin Stadium "upgrade" plans.

Then I remembered... London is welcoming the world to this for some of the Olympic events in 2012. It might look like a giant landmine but I'm not sure that having a stadium that looks like it was covered by a card table with a hole in it is much better. Agreed that it looks pretty cool on the inside, but on the outside instead of it being a symbol of pride for the team and the city it's an embarrassment."

Interesting. Also, the 1972 Munich Olympic Stadium had a lot of poles, cables and a spider web covering the stadium.

I think the roof is a bit excessive. Seems like more of it is overhanging the outer part of the stadium than over the seats themselves.

Also looks like a lightening magnet, great idea for south florida (/sarcasm off)

They could also get those seats closer to the field, they still seem far away if you ask me. (Better, but not ideal)

The City of Miami would like to welcome you to Bed of Nails Stadium.

Kind of toughens up the team image after the Candyland motif on the outside. If I had a third hand I'd give this crap the triple face palm it deserves.

51502553-1.jpg

Roof Over Stands Part of Renovations

clear.gif
clear.gif

These were just sent via email. It looks awesome!

Also notice the new seat colors and the new video screens

this could be a big waste of time because with Jerry's world opening up you should expect most of the superbowls to start being played in the nicest stadium as oposed to a outdated ball park . fixing landshark Stadium seems like a waste compared to building a new stadium . isnt fixing a old staduim like throwing money for a trailer house when you can build a new hous for the same price ?

I think the roof will be great and painting the seats a diferent color is even better.

Would it really trap heat? It is glass with metal framing, but it looks like it will be open between the stadium and the outside rim. Look at the pictures there is a gap between the roof and the outside rim.

The outside picture does look funky, but the inside looks pretty cool. Also, Daytona Fin is right, looks like they are going to be getting rid of, or possibly moving the huge HD screen. The concept art shows two screens in the one endzone, so maybe the big one that is there now will remain in the other endzone.
I make the assumption that if they put the screens in 2 corners that it would be done in all four which I think looks pretty good and gives fans around the stadium a better view of them.

I like Jones' new stadium but not sure I could handle that big video board in the middle of the field. Although my son has been to a couple of games there and says it's not, I would think it would be distracting.

this could be a big waste of time because with Jerry's world opening up you should expect most of the superbowls to start being played in the nicest stadium as oposed to a outdated ball park . fixing landshark Stadium seems like a waste compared to building a new stadium . isnt fixing a old staduim like throwing money for a trailer house when you can build a new hous for the same price ?

I think the roof will be great and painting the seats a diferent color is even better.
It's all about funding. I seriously doubt in todays economy that the people in S Florida will want to pony up the money to build a new stadium. Didn't they just pay for the new Marlins facility?

Actually, the more I look at the exterior it doesn't look that bad.

looks terrible from the outside but cool inside...just my opinion

the grass parking lot is a horrible plan. with all the rain we get and cars riding in the wet grass , it would be a mud pit.

Thank God they are finally putting up a roof.

Most of the games there are so hot you feel like you're in an oven. And moving my seats closer are great! Between this and kicking out the Marlins I finally can not get depressed when I think about the season.

the grass parking lot is a horrible plan. with all the rain we get and cars riding in the wet grass , it would be a mud pit.

This.

I remember the last time we played Florida State which was the first time we ever played them at Dolphin Stadium. It POURED rain for the entire game almost. There was about 5 inches of standing water in the concourses and the gaps you're talking about were atleast a foot and a half deep in water and mud. It was AWFUL.

Would it really trap heat? It is glass with metal framing, but it looks like it will be open between the stadium and the outside rim. Look at the pictures there is a gap between the roof and the outside rim.

The outside picture does look funky, but the inside looks pretty cool. Also, Daytona Fin is right, looks like they are going to be getting rid of, or possibly moving the huge HD screen. The concept art shows two screens in the one endzone, so maybe the big one that is there now will remain in the other endzone.

it might appear as if it would trap heat but the engineers understand that trapping heat in that stadium is suicide. I'm sure that trapping heat with this design is a major concern in development meetings and that if anything, they will find a way for the new roof to reject heat and offer shade. I've sat in the 400 section before and it isn't pleasant even for those of us who are used to the extreme heat. I have club level seats for the Hurricanes and even that is a scorcher. I'm well in the shade for the 'Canes but it's still an oven.

What they need in parking is more palm trees throughout rather than just at the main entrances. It is blistering out there for four hours prior to kickoff. At least at the Orange Bowl we had some random dudes front lawn with trees scrattered here and there. And if you were lucky enough, he might even let you go inside to use his restroom.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom