MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

Yeah they seem to have about 5 times as much roof than they actually need.

Not really...wind blows...rain comes down at an angle...I actually think it isn't going to do much at all; except for shade. Only need that first month or so anyway...not when the SB is there...

So there is an opening on all the sides, so that means the heat would not get trapped and there would be some shade so it could actually be a little cooler, right? That's the point of the cables so there is a space for air. The corners are what makes the roof ugly on the outside, if they found a way to make it smaller it would be nicer. The inside is nice though.

That roof looks like about as bad an idea as ideas get. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars to pander to the sissified corporate vampires who can't take direct sunlight seems like a massive waste. I've sat watching football in extreme sun and extreme rain since I was a little kid and I've loved it every damn time. I'm tired of watered down experiences in an effort to make the world habitable to *******.

It looks like a giant wing waiting for a hurricane to rip it off. Awful. The Coloseum in Rome was designed and built nearly 2000 years ago. It had retractable roof panels that could be pulled out over the seating if it was too hot or raining and kept retracted in nicer weather. Something like that, in my mind at least, is far more preferable to what I see in these renderings. I think Myles had it right, it looks like someone put a card table with a hole in it over the stadium.

The roof is going to happen for sure. It'll be retractable. I've spoken with a guy involved in the planning, and he's told me it's an integral part of the plan. That it's a must if Miami is going to host the Super Bowl again. Goodell said Miami must have a closeable dome, in case of inclement weather.

And no, I don't have a link. I believe what I've been told because this guy is very close to the planning commitee.

I love all of the moonlight architects who are finding all kinds of flaws with it. It was done by pros, they arent dumb!

All I can say is I don't want our team to become a damn dome team!!! We need our guys playing in the elements, not have a roof close because the million dollar guys can't play in the rain. That would be simply pathetic!!!

All I can say is I don't want our team to become a damn dome team!!! We need our guys playing in the elements, not have a roof close because the million dollar guys can't play in the rain. That would be simply pathetic!!!

It has nothing to do with Miami's players in particular. It's specifically due to the Super Bowl hosting thing

I can so tell that the ones that say the outside looks horrible aren't soccer fans

Yeah it'll be great watching our Dolphins lose their games that they play on the road in the rain etc. because they play in a fricken dome and aren't use to it. The idea is fricken idiotic!!!

I love all of the moonlight architects who are finding all kinds of flaws with it. It was done by pros, they arent dumb!

The people designing the World Trade Center Memorial were supposed to be tops in their field and I haven't seen one projection sketch that didn't look like crap. Sometimes myopia settles in on the experts and they can't see the forest for the trees.

The roof idea is dumb. Looks like they're putting aluminum foil on top and cutting a hole in the middle. At least make it more symmetrical.

Back
Top Bottom