MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

there a lot european stadiums that have same roof design. they are round or oval shaped not square.

also , i guess they are getting rid of the giant screen they put up for the last super bowl. what a waste of money. all to appease GODell

Come roast out in the hot South Florida sun in September and tell me if it looks hideous. Good grief am I ever thankful for this.

Would it really trap heat? It is glass with metal framing, but it looks like it will be open between the stadium and the outside rim. Look at the pictures there is a gap between the roof and the outside rim.

The outside picture does look funky, but the inside looks pretty cool. Also, Daytona Fin is right, looks like they are going to be getting rid of, or possibly moving the huge HD screen. The concept art shows two screens in the one endzone, so maybe the big one that is there now will remain in the other endzone.

The overhead cover for the stands is nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to the rainstorm from Super Bowl XLI. Pathetic attempt to cower to Roger Goodell's incoherent demands.

The parking lot upgrades look nice, and the seating additions and screen rearrangements are excellent. But the overhead cover for the seating needs work. Right now it looks like a poor attempt at ripping off Cowboys Stadium.

The roof actually is necessary. That place is an oven early in the season, and Roger Goodell apparently still has a bad taste in his mouth from seeing all those corporate d-bags getting soaked the last time we hosted a Super Bowl. Also, a roof can amplify the sound for some much needed crowd noise.

Im not gonna lie. I went to my first Dolphins game last year and by half time i had skin burn. I should have brought one of those goofy umbrella hats. I had to settle for putting my arms inside my jersey.

Im not gonna lie. I went to my first Dolphins game last year and by half time i had skin burn. I should have brought one of those goofy umbrella hats. I had to settle for putting my arms inside my jersey.

The overhead cover for the stands is nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to the rainstorm from Super Bowl XLI. Pathetic attempt to cower to Roger Goodell's incoherent demands.

The parking lot upgrades look nice, and the seating additions and screen rearrangements are excellent. But the overhead cover for the seating needs work. Right now it looks like a poor attempt at ripping off Cowboys Stadium.

They're crazy if they think the drunks won't be trapling those pretty little sunflowers, urinating on them, and dumping empty beer cans there.

People walk thru those sections of the parking lot at every game because no one bothers to get the lot number for which they parked. People walk aimlessly around the lot trying to find their Toyota.

I was trying to remember where I last saw cable wires & support poles that were as hideous as these Dolphin Stadium "upgrade" plans.

Then I remembered... London is welcoming the world to this for some of the Olympic events in 2012. It might look like a giant landmine but I'm not sure that having a stadium that looks like it was covered by a card table with a hole in it is much better. Agreed that it looks pretty cool on the inside, but on the outside instead of it being a symbol of pride for the team and the city it's an embarrassment.

2irjw7-1.jpg

It's a pretty stadium now but We'll see how its turns out... Making it louder on the field will also surely help unnerve those pesky Jets :)

Back
Top Bottom