MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

that has got to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Not to mention a terrible idea. Why build a giant square to cover seats? Just built a dang roof. What happens when the wind shifts and rain comes in at an angle??

Leave the stadium how it is. Maybe some better seating though. I can barely fit into those uncomfortable seats and my knees are always banged up from the cup holders.

that has got to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Not to mention a terrible idea. Why build a giant square to cover seats? Just built a dang roof. What happens when the wind shifts and rain comes in at an angle??

Leave the stadium how it is. Maybe some better seating though. I can barely fit into those uncomfortable seats and my knees are always banged up from the cup holders.

I personally hate domes and think domes are ruining one of the best part of the game. But if we so desperately want to have superbowls we should have a dome and have where if we want heat to be a factor have the middle able to be open. I do not care if Miami is hosting Superbowls even if i still lived there, i rather see our team go.

51502497-1.jpg

Well at least the upper corners won't be empty orange seats with the video screens there.

i personally think it looks awesome...who gives a **** what it looks like outside??

That roof will make it even worse. It will trap the hot air and bake the fans.

Who's brilliant idea was this?

I like the idea of moving the seats closer and painting them though. All that orange with the sun bouncing off it is hideous.

Oh probably an architect or two or ten, you know, guys who actually know what they're talking about ;)

Everything that makes it more like a home game, I am all for it, i don't mind the roof, but bringing the seats closer is a major thing to do..

It looks really amazing from the inside. The outside looks pretty ugly and pathetic. I'm all for it though.

i love it... like how the roof also covers parts of the outside while your walking around the stadium... the sun is just intense and yes we can deal with it when at the game, but it would be nicer not to have to worry about burning your skin off sitting in the sun for 4 hours...

the roof looks fine to me... like the open middle so the field is still accessible to mother nature, and im sure it'll still be hot in there, but no hotter than it is now...

i hope this all happens and quickly

I would assume this would take at least a year or two to be completed (sometime around 2014 - two years after the Marlins leave). Where will the Dolphins play during this time? Marlins Park? Now wouldn't that be funny?

I'm indifferent about the roof. I could see the benefit and I could see why some fans wouldn't like it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the seats closer to the field though. That is the one improvement I'd like to see over any other one.

The stadium roofing should look more like a dome (as mentioned by others posters), but where or not it comes out that way the surrounding area of the stadium and definitely getting closer to the field are definite must haves..

They should do the following:
1st. Renovate the lower bowl area (bring it closer) ... it would be nice to have a dawg pound/lambeau leap area
2nd. The surrounding area of the stadium (walk ways and etc.) need to have a more inviting, yet doomsday feel (for opposing fans) to it. Like outside of the stadium, if I didnt know the Fins played there, you can mistake it for another team. Also, in the poor mans area (non club) ... some of that concrete look needs some life to it. The windows panels are strait, but it would have been nice if they could have also been used to reflect images (like video images or a cheaper advertising info) that you can see from the Turnpike.
3. The roof... it should be bowl like (as mentioned), but isnt there something that can make it possible to have it be LEED approved structure that may have solar panels at certain points on the structure that collects power. This can be sold back to the sounding community.
4. There needs to be a parking garage and fan zone for tailgators on game day. Like turning that dirt lot near the turpike into a garage slash museum slash bar, slash whatever and have a over pass connect it to the stadium and or have a train/tram move people to the stadium. In the off season and winter holidays (they can use it for kids and other stuff (year round).
5. If they build the roof and move the Screens into the Corners, they need to make the area under neither the screens standing room areas (supper low ticket prices or a looping concourse for large parties (similar to a balcony) ... like they do on a cruise ship (ie matching the renovated sides of the stadium).
6. While I am at it ... in the Fanzone (something they can definitely use during the superbowl and off season), they should have a IMAX theater/sports and technology hub, co sponsored by a college that services the community year round (if they even think about tax dollars ...)

I m just saying

Is rebuilidng a new stadium next to the current one completely out of the question? I've been there a couple times and theres really nothing in the immediate area...no?

I understand how much it would cost to build a new stadium...but I wonder if it would be possible?

Hmmm,

Does that roof have to be square? At least round off the corners so that it looks better.

From the inside view the roof looks tranparent. Is it open so air and rain can fall thru or is it glass? If it's glass won't that heat up the inside just like a car in a sunny parking lot? It's already hot enough in there.

I do like the teal seats and eliminating the upper corner seats with the score boards.

better watch out for those hurricanes with that roof!

Back
Top Bottom