MERGED: Dwight Freeney Please!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dwight Freeney Please!!

Should Ireland look into Freeney as a free agent signing?

• Yes

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters
Freeney is not the ideal fit. He's actually almost a clone of Wake, the ideal fit would be a bigger, stronger, can set the edge, can also pancake offensive lineman against the run type guy who is also fast and tall and can rush the passer with speed as well as strength when if needed, e.g. Aldon Smith in San Fran type. Frreney is fast and smallish almost a pure speed and movement pass rusher. He would be a good low risk pick up however.

imo i think freeney would be the ideal fit opp side of wake and would be nightmares for an offence ,Freeney isnt the most power house guy at his poss , but with the quickness and the power he dose have would make it very hard for teams to play miami , so i say sign him up at the right price.

Agree. He is a luxury if we were 1-2 players away. I also don't want another 30+ end which in 1-2 years will require us to replace both. I am for drafting a DE with a 2nd or 3rd, or getting a veteran minimum player in FA.

One of the few positions where the 2013 draft looks stocked is defensive end. With Miami having so many picks and Wake already 30 years old, the smart move would be to find Wake's eventual replacement to play opposite him.

I'm a big Freeney fan (and Colts fan, yes even though I love Miami), but the only way i'd sign him is if it was cheap with incentives, and I don't see Freeney agreeing to that, let alone for a team not likely to go far into the playoffs. And as another poster noted, Freeney's specialty, which is rushing the quarterback with a lead in likely passing situations, may not be taken advantage of very often in Miami. I don't question his speed or skills. It's simply a matter of is it worth what we are paying for them?

I'd much rather see us make our big money splash on offensive free agents **cough**cough** wide receivers. Give Tanny some targets. Re-sign Starks and retain our stout defensive line. Fill in other holes (secondary, pass rusher, etc) in the draft.

People must think we have unlimited money. spend a fortune on a DE sure, but forget a WR/CB etc

Draft our Wr's! Forget the free agent guys imho, they are overpriced band aids. Like paying 100,000 for a Honda Civic. Decent car but I'm still paying 100,000 for it.
Patterson/Hunter are the guys to truly build our wr corps into something special.

I rather use that Jennings/Wallace money on someone like Freeney. Draft/build our wr's. It's important to help Tannehill in his development imho.
Even if we have to sign a stop gap pass rusher like Freeney this year, I much much rather do this.
I don't want to shortchange on our wr's anymore. I can't take another year of that ****.

If we can pick him up at the right price, we'd be almost stupid not to have a look into him. I'd much rather sign Michael Johnson personally. I think we are gonna have one or two of the drafts premier pass rushers there when we pick at 12. So, depending on what we do in the receiver situation in free agency i'd be tempted to draft a DE at 12.

Draft our Wr's! Forget the free agent guys imho, they are overpriced band aids. Like paying 100,000 for a Honda Civic. Decent car but I'm still paying 100,000 for it.
Patterson/Hunter are the guys to truly build our wr corps into something special.

I rather use that Jennings/Wallace money on someone like Freeney. Draft/build our wr's. It's important to help Tannehill in his development imho.
Even if we have to sign a stop gap pass rusher like Freeney this year, I much much rather do this.
I don't want to shortchange on our wr's anymore. I can't take another year of that ****.

That argument has merit if the receivers in the draft were sure things, but they aren't. There is not one sure thing at WR in the entire draft. All are question marks, all will need time to develop. Micheal Floyd would be by far the best receiver in this draft, and he had minimal impact last year for Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom