Merged: ESPN power rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: ESPN power rankings

phunwin said:
I know I've said repeatedly that I'd rather have the media keep giving our guys reasons to play hard and their opponents reason to get fat on their own press clippings, but still, this is freakin' ridiculous: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

18th? With the Panthers and Broncos both well ahead of us?

:sleep:

ccphinfan said:
Quite frankly, i love being the dark horse:evil:

Me too, I hope the Bills still think we stink in week 5 when we knock Losman to the turf frequently.

18 is not that bad...considering we were at the bottom of everyone's board after last season.

IronChef said:
I don't have access to espn on my phone.. What did they say about us? And what did they say bout the donkeys and cats?

Do you have Finheaven on your Phone>???

Talos said:
We beat the #14 and #9 teams.

The #14 team beat the #2 team.
The #9 team beat the #10 team.

And we're the #18 team. Interesting math.

Although as has been mentioned, the penalties are little much.

Well if this was the BCS ranking then maybe it would be different, but I still don't understand the logic there either. None-the-less, it's like what was said above, just focus on the team and later the respect will come.

Yeah I have s t mobile sidekick 2.. I have full access to finheaven but espn won't work

GreenMonster said:
Me too, I hope the Bills still think we stink in week 5 when we knock Losman to the turf frequently.

if its not Kelly holcomb by then, anyone saw that the jets have signed vinny testaverde ? ...

pwn3dyo said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

Dolphins (18) Big game from Ronnie Brown who for at least one week sort of quieted all the critics wondering why the Dolphins didn't draft his former Auburn teammate Carnell Williams.
We have not earned enough respect in the minds of the mainstream sports media. If we beat the Bills and the Bucs on the road, then we can expect some recognition.

Rankings, shmankings. As long as the Dolphins keep winning, they'll get respect.

But wow, looking at those rankings shows just how pathetic the NFC North is. What a BAD division.

phunwin said:
I know I've said repeatedly that I'd rather have the media keep giving our guys reasons to play hard and their opponents reason to get fat on their own press clippings, but still, this is freakin' ridiculous: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

18th? With the Panthers and Broncos both well ahead of us?

Yea, well, you know what they say about the media ... you can fill volumes on what they "mis-report".

Here in Miami, I often wonder about how the local TV stations find these bums/bimbos.

For instance, WPLG (Channel 10) Miami has a bimbo reporting the weather and sports ... and here's a rundown on what she said yesterday in the morning ...

"Now, let's see what hurricane Rita is doing" .... ummm, I thought Rita no longer existed, and at that time, just a low pressure system.

Again, last night on channel 10's "Sports Jam Live" ...

"The KC Chiefs and the Denver Broncos usually like to play each other a lot" ...

Ummmm .... yep, they're in the same division ... ya think ???

And again, she said ... "the team that scores the most points usually wins the game"

I e-mailed her and channel 10 to thank them both for the heads up.

A bigger tits-up is when the ESPN (Channel 10 WPLG :0wned: ) Phi-Beta-Cappas (who never even touched a football) comment on Moday morning QB. You wanna laugh, just listen to the idiotic things they say about Miami ... they got nothing on Jimmy boy Romy, let me tell you.

BTW ... Disney owns WPLG which of coarse owns ESPN

SO .... now you know where the fruit cakes stand.

OH yea ... the Buffaloo Jillies WILL BE :0wned:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UltraDol-Fan said:
I think it is pretty close to correct. We will probably be in the 8-8 range at the end of the season. We still make too many mistakes with penalties and missed plays to be any higher.
I know where you are coming from on this, but I gotta believe these penalties will work themselves out, especially w/ St. Nick on the case. After that, more victories should follow. I see us at 10 wins w/ a WC berth.

But at this point, after three weeks and two big wins, we should at least be in the top half! It's OK. Games are not won based on power rankings. They are just for us fans to argue about.

we gotta prove that we can win on the road. You gotta admit playing the under dog role is quit nice.

Cannonboy said:
As long as we are #1 at the end of the season, I don't care where they rate us now.

Exactly, not that I think we'll be number one, but this isn't the BCS where starting down at a low spot hurts your chances of getting to #1. Plus, as i've mentioned before, the years the Rams won their Super Bowl and the Patriots won their first one, neither of them broke the top 15 until around game 11 or 12. No one, NO ONE believed either of those teams were for real and kept waiting for them to show their true colors, funny thing though, they really WERE that good. So hell, let them rank us last for all I care, all that matters is our record and their rankings will not affect where we stand if we keep winning games.

Back
Top Bottom