MERGED: Gannon? / Trade Fiedler for Gannon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Gannon? / Trade Fiedler for Gannon

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Gannon?

I know the chances of picking up another QB are slim-to-none, but who here would like to see the Dolphins at least inquire about him. It looks like Gannon will be cut June 1. The Raiders signed Kerry Collins today.
Personally I like Gannon a hell of alot more than Feidler, I would feel better with Gannon backing up Feeley than Feidler. Wishful thinking I know......but in a more perfect world......

Stick with Fiedler. Gannon aint much no mo.

I think it's possible Fiedler can become the next-type player. Gannon was a career backup until he was 32 years old. Physically, he is(was) very similar to Fiedler. Has decent running ability, but knows WHEN to run. Poor long range balls, but pretty good short/mid range accuracy.

Fiedler is someone who needs coaching. Look at the dropoff when Shula left, and Norv took over coaching quarterbacks. Marc Trestman did an excellent job with a quarterback who is very similar in terms of talent to Fiedler. Why cant he do the same?

Fiedler? FFS... please dude... let fielder drift into the 2nd string and leave his mediocrity alone.

If we can get Ganon cheap then we should go for it.

As little credit as Gannon gets......he is only a season removed from a MVP season. Anyone who believes Feidler is capable od having an MVP-type season has bee hanging around Ricky too much I think. :redeye: Teams have to upgrade any way they can and whenever they can. For the Miami Dolphins, Gannon is an upgrade at the QB position.

pigskinguy said:
As little credit as Gannon gets......he is only a season removed from a MVP season. Anyone who believes Feidler is capable od having an MVP-type season has bee hanging around Ricky too much I think. :redeye: Teams have to upgrade any way they can and whenever they can. For the Miami Dolphins, Gannon is an upgrade at the QB position.

Please, dont give me that crap. You have no idea what Fiedler may or may not be capable of. The guy you are suggestion had been WORSE then Fiedler up until where he is currently.

I know exactly what he is capable of he has shown it the last 4 years here. What makes you think he will be able to jump to MVP ststus? Personally I don't see MVP in his game.

Trade Fiedler for Gannon

Oakland would do it in a heart beat and gannon is a upgrade over fiedler, bring him in now get him up to snuff with trestman who he worked with and you have a good QB situation with a guy that can win now and one that can not rush getting ready

It would be stupid to trade for someone who will get cut. I doubt we would sign Gannon since he is suited for a West Coast Offense.

Gannon can no longer throw the long ball. That's why he will have to go to a west coast offense.

pigskinguy said:
I know exactly what he is capable of he has shown it the last 4 years here. What makes you think he will be able to jump to MVP ststus? Personally I don't see MVP in his game.

I'm pretty sure I fairly clearly laid this out. You dont know what he is or isnt capable of. The guy you are suggesting to replace him with was not considered a starter in the league till he was 32 farking years old. It's possible.

Right now, however, Gannon is Testeverde with upside.

gannon :argue: trestman. their relationship was not too healthy in oakland, so i seriously doubt we'll see both of them in miami

Disgustipate said:
I'm pretty sure I fairly clearly laid this out. You dont know what he is or isnt capable of. The guy you are suggesting to replace him with was not considered a starter in the league till he was 32 farking years old. It's possible.

Right now, however, Gannon is Testeverde with upside.

So what you are saying is you would rather a guy who MIGHT become better than he is now, although it's possible what we have seen is the best he's got, instead of a guy who is a proven MVP QB in this league. Sorry man, but I have to side with the proven guy on this one.

Phishstix said:
gannon :argue: trestman. their relationship was not too healthy in oakland, so i seriously doubt we'll see both of them in miami
I agree. Like I said in my original post, I doubt it will happen. But it makes for good debate, and IMO I think it could help this team.

Back
Top Bottom