MERGED: Gannon? / Trade Fiedler for Gannon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Gannon? / Trade Fiedler for Gannon

Gannon is 38 coming off surgery to his throwing shoulder. Turner/Davis must've seen something that prompted them to sign Collins for starter's money.

Gannon is old and is becoming injury prone. He was behind a very good line and got knocked up and If he was behind ours, he would become the next Troy Aikman. Plus when he faces one of the better defenses in the NFL he struggles, look at Miami and Tampa Bay games 2 years ago. Fiedler is more suited for our system then Gannon.

pigskinguy said:
As little credit as Gannon gets......he is only a season removed from a MVP season.

As Mark Dixon says, you get old real quick in this league.

pigskinguy said:
Neither can Feidler. :roflmao:

aw lawd, you have no idea what you may of just started. :infins:

pigskinguy said:
I agree. Like I said in my original post, I doubt it will happen. But it makes for good debate, and IMO I think it could help this team.

without wanting to sound like a fiedler hater, i think replacing him with any vet QB with the slightest talent will help the team. i'm not sure the players believe anymore and though i still think in the right situation he is still viable, the team needs to go in another direction. this is clearly wanny influencing RS here. bring gannon in, he can't be any worse from a talent standpoint, especially as a backup. who knows, he might bring a better attitude to the team.

I remember when Grbac and Gannon were playing for the Chiefs. I thought Gannon was one of the few back ups who should have been starting then. I don't know about now but Gannon can move on his feet and can throw the ball well. He's worked on the West Coast Offense but we don't need him. We just need to burn in hell and forget about this upcoming season if you ask me.

juniorseau55 said:
I remember when Grbac and Gannon were playing for the Chiefs. I thought Gannon was one of the few back ups who should have been starting then. I don't know about now but Gannon can move on his feet and can throw the ball well. He's worked on the West Coast Offense but we don't need him. We just need to burn in hell and forget about this upcoming season if you ask me.

there were a hell of a lot of chiefs fans that agreed with you on the gannon vs. grbac thing. gannon always seemed to out-perform grbac and always ended up being a back-up.

can't say i agree with ya on the burnin' in hell thing though..... :rolleyes:

Please not Gannon. You cant be serious. He may have been one year removed but I would rather have Fielder who still looks like he has somthing in the tank. Gannon is like Warner, I think they both can contribute but they have sacraficed there body too much to make a playmaker ability on a team. Feidler or Feeley however can still have a great season on the horizon and have not yet met there true potential for either of them.

I respect the guy and all but there were better quarterbacks that we could have picked up like Garcia which fits our system. Anyways, we are breeding a young quarterback being AJ Feeley and he might look more promising than you think if he can back up another year and learn under Fiedler.

Learn What Under Fiedler??????? How To Screw Up The Offense????? How To Avoid The Playoffs???!!!

As much as I don't like Jay I really don't see Rich doing any better. Sense we didn't go after KC we should just try and do it with what we got. :shakeno:

Gannon sucked when he was good.
He's one of the most overrated players IMO. Him getting MVP was totally crap too.
I'll stick with Jay. Least he isn't drawing social security yet. :p

Oh, Bull Roar....

So what you are saying is you would rather a guy who MIGHT become better than he is now, although it's possible what we have seen is the best he's got, instead of a guy who is a proven MVP QB in this league. Sorry man, but I have to side with the proven guy on this one.

If that's the only criteria, we ought to bring back Marino. If Gannon goes anywhere, it will probably be Tampa Bay - and I'd rather have B. Johnson than Gannon at this stage of their careers. I think some of us are grasping at straws because of our lack of trust in Fiedler - and I don't think can get the job done either. We have had four years of collapses during the season, either from an injury or from a case of intellectual flatulence. But, the plain simple fact is that NO ONE coming in this late in the game is going to be able to assimilate an offense and be capable of running it at the level we want, and became used to with Marino, from the opening kickoff unless he has the intelligence of "Norman" Einstein, in which case he wouldn't be playing football anyway. :badpc:

I'm long on tired and beer at 8:51 am so I'll try to make as much sense as I can...............................

Watcha doin' here? Trading cards? I say that because neither QB fits the Norv Turner system. Speculation is that Collins is "in" because Gannon will not restructure. Gannon is old and injury prone. Gannon is this. Gannon is that..

Could it be that Norv Turner doesn't want Gannon because he feels Gannon will fail in his system? The same failure found by Jay Fiedler in 2002 and 2003?

Check out Six yards and a cloud of dust.

When you see the example of St. Louis and 9.1 yards per attempt think Norv Turner. O' BTW Kerry Collins throw the prettiest spiral 40 yards downfield in the NFL.

Gannon and Fiedler are the same quarterback. One just had the advantage of playing in a system that fit his capability during his career .

Back
Top Bottom