MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now..

Bodzilla29 said:
Anybody who calls a player or a move a bust before a single snap in PRE-SEASON is an idiot. I'm sorry.

Who said anyone's a bust? Did you read the whole thread?

inFINSible said:
Thanks for pointing that out. You're right.

Seattle gave up more for Hasselbeck.

I guess what you meant to say was, "Since Seattle gave up a first round pick for an established player and that player wasn't any good for a FULL season then you're right inFINS, it is incredibly short sighted to label Feeley anything at this point, much less a mega-blunder."

To which I would reply, "Thank you."
How do you figure Seattle gave up a 1st?

If Seattle would have given up a 1st round pick for Hasselbeck then I would have said that. Seattle did not give up a 1st round pick for Hasselbeck. They gave up a 3rd.

The trade was

To Seattle- Matt Hasselbeck & GB 1st round pick (No. 17)

To Green Bay-Seattle 1st Round pick (No. 10) & 3rd round pick

All Seattle gave up was a No. 3 and a swap of No. 1. Sorry but that swap does not equal giving up a No. 1 for Hasselbeck.

Dphins4me said:

If Seattle would have given up a 1st round pick for Hasselbeck then I would have said that. Seattle did not give up a 1st round pick for Hasselbeck. They gave up a 3rd.

The trade was

All Seattle gave up was a No. 3 and a swap of No. 1. Sorry but that swap does not equal giving up a No. 1 for Hasselbeck.
The Packers because of that draft got a 1st rounder, 7 spots higher then the Seahawks. In a draft, to move up from the 17th to a top ten pick, you normally have to give alot, so in my opinion, the Seahawks gave up more for Hasselbeck, the the Dolphins did for Feeley.

Dphins4me said:

The trade was

That's still more than what Miami gave up for Feeley, considering the move down 7 spots in the first round, and losing a 3rd in THAT years' draft.

Did you ever figure out how somebody can be established yet only have played 12 games since HS?

The 7 spots that Seattle moved is equivalent to a 2nd rounder (according to the Draft Value Chart).

So in other words, Seattle gave up a 2nd AND a 3rd for Matt Hasselbeck ( a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and never started an NFL game)

Having said that, we made risky move by giving up a 2nd for Feeley.

But Seattle gave up more and it worked out for them,

It's simple. Fiedler starts, get's injured and new qb jumps in. Whether Feely will do a better job than Lucas and Griese remains to be seen. I say Fiedler get's his job back when he get's healthy and Wanny loses his job at the end of the year.

LIQUID24 said:
The 7 spots that Seattle moved is equivalent to a 2nd rounder (according to the Draft Value Chart).

So in other words, Seattle gave up a 2nd AND a 3rd for Matt Hasselbeck ( a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and never started an NFL game)

Also, we gave up a 2nd NEXT year, which I think is considered the equivalent of a 3rd this year. So, compared to the Sea/GB trade for Hasselbeck, our trade for Feeley sounds even better.
To add insult to injury for GB, after moving up 7 spots, they draft a bust in Jamal Reynolds, while Sea after moving down, drafts probably the best guard since John Hannah in Steve Hutchinson.
I don't know who GB got with their extra 3rd, but I doubt if who ever it was combined with Reynolds is equal to Hasselbeck and Hutchinson.

inFINSible said:
I can't count how many times that has been said.

It's true but, nobody wants to believe it.

If he's not starting today then he must suck. :nono:
Agreed, if he can't distance himself from Fiedler you have to seriously doubt his future. Suddenly trading a pick for Drew Henson seems to make much more long term sense.

LIQUID24 said:

I'm pretty sure Seattle gave up a 1st round pick, we were offering one and they outbid us.

BlueFin said:
I'm pretty sure Seattle gave up a 1st round pick, we were offering one and they outbid us.
No. Seattle gave up a 3rd rounder AND moved down from 10th to 17th (traded spots with GB).

inFINSible said:
That's still more than what Miami gave up for Feeley, considering the move down 7 spots in the first round, and losing a 3rd in THAT years' draft.
By the draft chart they did. By what they were targeting they were not. Seattle needed OL. They wanted Hutchinson. That is too high for a guard, so dropping down was nothing to them. They knew what was available and knew that the picks between 10 & 20 was same talent level in that draft. If you check at the actual players taken only Santana Moss has been a worthy pick.

Plus what most might not know is Seattle also had the No. 9 pick. Money & cap played a role in the move for them also.

inFINSible said:
Did you ever figure out how somebody can be established yet only have played 12 games since HS?
Did not know I was suppose to be figuring it out. Also I NEVER said he only played in 12 games. Stop skimming and try actually reading for once.

LIQUID24 said:

By the draft value chart they did. However Seattle already owned the No. 9 pick and money & cap also played a role in them moving down. Seattle did not want two top ten picks, especially a guard which they were targeting.

MrClean said:
Also, we gave up a 2nd NEXT year, which I think is considered the equivalent of a 3rd this year. So, compared to the Sea/GB trade for Hasselbeck, our trade for Feeley sounds even better.
To add insult to injury for GB, after moving up 7 spots, they draft a bust in Jamal Reynolds, while Sea after moving down, drafts probably the best guard since John Hannah in Steve Hutchinson.
I don't know who GB got with their extra 3rd, but I doubt if who ever it was combined with Reynolds is equal to Hasselbeck and Hutchinson.
GB got Bhawoh Jue-CB Penn State

tay0365 said:
The Packers because of that draft got a 1st rounder, 7 spots higher then the Seahawks. In a draft, to move up from the 17th to a top ten pick, you normally have to give alot, so in my opinion, the Seahawks gave up more for Hasselbeck, the the Dolphins did for Feeley.
While what you say is true in theory, its not when applied to the 2001 draft. The 2001 draft was a weak draft especially for mid 1st rounders.
Seattle knew this, so trading down was not a huge risk for them. They played it like a pro.

Now, Miami has no idea what type draft the 2005 draft will be. Giving up a unknown high picks can come back to haunt you.

The way I see it, it was Miami's best option at the time. I believe his potential equals that of a second-round rookie...

I'd wait until the regular season to pass judgement on him, though. Right now, as someone else stated, it matters not (except for kids trying to gain roster spots, and he ain't one of them...)

Back
Top Bottom