MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now..

FiN.in.RI said:
I dont believe he will play against the Jags (dont quote me tho) but he definitely wont be starting..(quote me on that)
Feeley will not play? Reason?

Dphins4me said:
There is a difference, would you say not? Again stop skimming and start reading before replying. You seem to have a problem with what people actually say with what you want them to have said. We have already had this problem once and once again you have been proven wrong.

No, there is not much of a difference. Not enough to change what you tried to say.

When you've been in the NFL for 3 years, then you are established. Just my opinion. You may see it differently and that is fine.

So we can consider Mike Quinn established? How about Sage Rosenfels, Is he established too? I am glad I have your blessing to see it differently because, I certainly do. :lol:

inFINSible said:
So we can consider Mike Quinn established? How about Sage Rosenfels, Is he established too?

Yes, Quinn was established. Established enough for teams to know about him and what his value is/was. Same with Sage.

When you have been around that long then teams know your ability.

That is why no other team was willing to offer up a No. 2 for him.

inFINSible said:
I am glad I have your blessing to see it differently because, I certainly do. :lol:
You have the right to be wrong. Something you should know all about.

MrClean said:
Also, we gave up a 2nd NEXT year, which I think is considered the equivalent of a 3rd this year.
It suppose to be. However come next years draft. Miami will be without a No. 2, not a No. 3.

Philly traded a player that was not going to play for them this year for a better pick next year. Very wise move on their part.

Dphins4me said:
No need to pretent. Seattle needed interior lineman in '01. Also you skimmed over the part that Seattle already owned the No. 9 pick and that money & cap also was a major modivation for them to move down.

Of course not, but it was a calculated gamble. How many guards have been taken in the top 18 in the past 10 years.

I'll save you some time. Two.

1995 Rueben Brown (No. 14)
1997 Chris Naeole (No. 10)

So out of 180 picks in the last 10 years only 2 have been guards.

So it was a gamble, but a informed one at that, plus knowing what the teams between the two positions needed. Only Tampa took a OL and that was a tackle.

In my opinion it does. Seattle knew all factors before making the trade. They knew who they wanted. They knew who was available. They still had a top 10 pick. They knew everything.

What does Miami know? Other than they traded a No. 2 pick. I'm sure they have a general idea about next years draft, but they do not know for sure since underclassman will change things.

C'mon baby let's do the twist.C'mon ba-aaaby lets do the twist....or are you doing the spin?? I get them confused sometimes. :confused:

Your welcome to your opinion. I don't agree.

The numbers say they gave up more, period.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with labeling Feeley a major blunder at this point?

My original point was and still is that that is an extremely shortsighted analysis, lacking in crucial information.

Dphins4me said:
Yes, Quinn was established. Established enough for teams to know about him and what his value is/was. Same with Sage.

When you have been around that long then teams know your ability.

That is why no other team was willing to offer up a No. 2 for him.
Being established would mean that you have found your role and your limits and have settled into a secure position, no? That being the case, neither Feeley or Sage's eventual position or value has been established. Although in Quinns case you may be right, he is established as a third string QB, but that is something that you cannot say about Sage or AJ. Their final position or value has yet to be determined.

inFINSible said:
C'mon baby let's do the twist.C'mon ba-aaaby lets do the twist....or are you doing the spin?? I get them confused sometimes. :confused:
:buttkick:

inFINSible said:
The numbers say they gave up more, period.
I admitted in a blind situation they gave up more, based on the stupid draft value board (Which I think is overblown) However it was not a blind situation. Seattle knew the prospects and knew that the players that would be taken in those position were interchangeable in talent level.

Why pay more when you can pay less?

Seattle knew all factors.

inFINSible said:
BTW, what does any of this have to do with labeling Feeley a major blunder at this point?
Not sure since you came at me. I'm just expressing my position and how I back it up.

inFINSible said:
My original point was and still is that that is an extremely shortsighted analysis, lacking in crucial information.
I do not think its shortsighted. I think when you trade a No. 2 for a veteran then that veteran should be able to start.

Everyone wants to point out that Hasselbeck stuggled his first year. Which is true. However Seattle started him. They did not put him in a competition with Dilfer. They told him you are our Quarterback.

That tells me that they were confident in their decision to trade for him. Miami's actions tells me just the opposite.

inFINSible said:
Being established would mean that you have found your role and your limits and have settled into a secure position, no? That being the case, neither Feeley or Sage's eventual position or value has been established. Although in Quinns case you may be right, he is established as a third string QB, but that is something that you cannot say about Sage or AJ. Their final position or value has yet to be determined.
I can understand what you are saying. I'm not sure I agree 100%, but I will say its something to consider.

Dphins4me said:
:buttkick:

I admitted in a blind situation they gave up more, based on the stupid draft value board (Which I think is overblown) However it was not a blind situation. Seattle knew the prospects and knew that the players that would be taken in those position were interchangeable in talent level.

Why pay more when you can pay less?

Seattle knew all factors.

Not sure since you came at me. I'm just expressing my position and how I back it up.

I do not think its shortsighted. I think when you trade a No. 2 for a veteran then that veteran should be able to start.

Everyone wants to point out that Hasselbeck stuggled his first year. Which is true. However Seattle started him. They did not put him in a competition with Dilfer. They told him you are our Quarterback.

That tells me that they were confident in their decision to trade for him. Miami's actions tells me just the opposite.
Before this slips into a juvenile blame game, I'm going to quit. Anybody who wishes can go back to page 1 and look for themselves to see who responded to who first.

If Feeley doesn't start against tennessee, you may have a point, until then my opinion is valid and I am sticking to it.

Have a nice night.

inFINSible said:
Before this slips into a juvenile blame game, I'm going to quit. Anybody who wishes can go back to page 1 and look for themselves to see who responded to who first.
I'll save them the time. I replied first, however my post was not attacking yours. I added a comment.

You simply attacked mine and got smartarsed. Try replying to the comment without the attitude. Do they need to go back for that?

inFINSible said:
If Feeley doesn't start against tennessee, you may have a point, until then my opinion is valid and I am sticking to it.
Outside of an injury to JF, I do not believe Feeley will start.

Dphins4me said:
I'll save them the time. I replied first, however my post was not attacking yours. I added a comment.

You simply attacked mine and got smartarsed. Try replying to the comment without the attitude. Do they need to go back for that?

Outside of an injury to JF, I do not believe Feeley will start.
You added a disagreement, not a comment, and with our history together, whether it was an attack or not is extremely debatable.

The job for QB is wide open at this point, according to Dave Wannstedt.

link

And being how that is already a step up from when Dave was saying that Jay is the starter going into camp, I feel it is a safe bet that AJ will start the season, rendering your entire argument moot.

inFINSible said:
You added a disagreement, not a comment, and with our history together, whether it was an attack or not is extremely debatable.

The job for QB is wide open at this point, according to Dave Wannstedt.

link

And being how that is already a step up from when Dave was saying that Jay is the starter going into camp, I feel it is a safe bet that AJ will start the season, rendering your entire argument moot.
First off. I do not have a problem with you. I did not reply simply because you had posted it. For some reason you reply to me with attitude. From your very first reply to me, you have came at me like I kicked your dog or something.

As for DW. The man is a coach. His job is to modivate player, not speak the truth to the media. "Kirby Dar Dar will be the starting WR for the Miami Dolphins." Words spoken by JJ in training camp back in '97. Dar Dar never made the team that year.

I take the article as a way to modivate both QBs. We will find out in 4 weeks who is the man. Frankly I hope Feeley is the starter. I'd rather them stand behind the man they traded for to lead the team instead of saying it was a trade for the future, which we all know is total BS. When the trade was made it was for the present & future.

I'm blunt, sarcastic, argumentative and I lack tact and grace. No wonder we butt heads, we're exactly alike. ;)

I hope that Feeley is the starter also. Let's leave it at that for now.

See you in another thread. :D

Dphins4me said:
This is why I question just who was the No. 2 guy. Action always speak louder than words and Reids actions went to Detmer, not Feeley.
If Feely was no.2 (behind Mcnabb) then they should've started him and put Detmer at no.2 and still hold the ball for the kicker against SF. Instead, Detmer started against SF. Got injured and Feely came in.

Like you said, actions speak louder than words. Media speculate but the coaches moves kinda ruins that specualtion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=221125025

Detmer was the #2 in 02, because Feeley had ZERO experience at that point. That was NEVER the argument. The argument was last season when McNabb started every game. So there is no proof either way who they would have started had McNabb gone out for longer than that game he was hurt. Philli fans stated that it would have been AJ. Reid played the party line.

Back
Top Bottom