Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday

I was at the Syracuse vs. Connecticut game and i had a keen eye on one Dan Oloffski (sp?). Let me tell you something, this kid is the next Ben Rothlisberger. This kid has a gun, runs an audible and hits his recievers in stride. He hit different recievers and was always hitting the open man. He is big, 6-4 235 and was a man among boys on that field. If he only had an Oline who could have blocked for him in the second half, he would have done some serious damage.

I believe in this kid. Forget the competition thing, thats what they said about Rothlisberger. This kid had a 134 passer rating before the syracuse game. He is the real deal. No lie. Dont let the word get out to much, especially if we start winning games.

Phinsdude said:
Speilman was checking him out, but who knows.
Dan Orlorvky​

clear.gif

And he has been scouted by Rick S.​

For more Draft info check this thread​

Orlovsky is ok, but I also would put Leinart or Rodgers ahead of him.....I have also seen Kyle Orton and he is not looking too hot as of late. ASU Andrew Walters and Chang of Hawaii are also guys with big stats, but I would pass on them....I think if Leinart or Rodgers are available, I would take one of them. Leinart being a left hander would be a nice addition.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'd rather have Leinart or Rodgers!
Call me a homer, but if we are taking a quaterback with our number one pick, then take Rodgers! This kid has got an arm, and will throw it away when he has nothing, rather then forcing it! This kid I believe is the real deal!:cooldude:

finfan54 said:
I was at the Syracuse vs. Connecticut game and i had a keen eye on one Dan Oloffski (sp?). Let me tell you something, this kid is the next Ben Rothlisberger. This kid has a gun, runs an audible and hits his recievers in stride. He hit different recievers and was always hitting the open man. He is big, 6-4 235 and was a man among boys on that field. If he only had an Oline who could have blocked for him in the second half, he would have done some serious damage.

I believe in this kid. Forget the competition thing, thats what they said about Rothlisberger. This kid had a 134 passer rating before the syracuse game. He is the real deal. No lie. Dont let the word get out to much, especially if we start winning games.
The fact UCONN had 35 first downs in 1 game impress you?! LOL.

This kid is ok, but I wouldn't go crazy about him.

i'm not crazy about any of the QB's in this upcoming draft but if I had to go with one, it would be Leinart of Rodgers with Leinart getting the nod if u had a gun to my head!

Rodgers right now tops my list with Leinart a close second. If we pass on those two then I hope we take either Orton or maybe this Orlovsky kid.

I like rasheed marshall out of WV hes a nice qb who reminds me of Aaron Brooks but smarter with the reads.

I definitely have to check him out. I like Rodgers, but wasn't overly impressed with him this past weekend. He looks good, but I don't know if he's a top pick.

They're comparing Orlavsky to Roethlesburger. Big, Strong, strong armed QB that dominates Big East competition. He may be a good mid-first round pick.

From NFL Draft Blitz...

Player Profile

Dan Orlovsky

School: Connecticut
Position: Quarterback
Class: Senior
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 226lbs
40 Time: 4.65 (estimated)

Positives
- Orvolsky could be be this year's version of Ben Roethlisberger, former Miami (OH) quarterback and now a Pittsburgh Steeler. Orvolsky has the size, strength and composure you look for in a quarterback. He has shown an ability to throw on the run and he maintains a nice tight spiral on his throws. He threw for 33 touchdowns for the Huskies last year. It's a definite plus that he has his whole offensive line plus his leading receiver all coming back, so Dan is primed for a big season. If he can be as productive as he was last year he'll sky-rocket up draft boards.

Weaknesses
- No glaring weaknesses except for the fact he doesn't get much national attention playing for UConn. His footwork gets a little choppy during longer drops. Tries to do a little too much from time to time, but his decision making improved last season and there's no reason to believe it won't continue to do so this year. Sometimes puts a bit too much zip on short and intermediate throws.

Overall Analysis
- Dan Orlovsky might not be a household name among fans of college football, but he certain is a player that the NFL scouts have their collective eye on. Orlovsky started 6 games during his true freshman season in 2001, and since that time has been the Huskies starting quarterback. Orlovsky threw for 3485 yards and 33 touchdowns while only tossing 14 interceptions during his junior season. There are two things that really stand out while looking at Orlovsky. The first thing is his physical skills. Orlovsky is big, has a big arm and seems to have a real presence while in the pocket. The second thing that stands out is the improvement he has shown throughout his college career. In 2001 Orlovsky looked like a player with some talent who was light years away from ever being a real effective player, but by 2003 Orlovsky was not only a great college player but looked like a very solid NFL prospect. If Orlovsky shows the same type of improvement in 2004, he should be a day one pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Reminds You Of:
- Ben Roethlisberger

Future QB...

I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.

Oh yeah, one more thing: His first name is DAN!

Actually I think a rookie QB could start for us if he's well protected and plays smart like Rothy.

Back
Top Bottom