Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfan54, Oct 31, 2004.

1. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday

I was at the Syracuse vs. Connecticut game and i had a keen eye on one Dan Oloffski (sp?). Let me tell you something, this kid is the next Ben Rothlisberger. This kid has a gun, runs an audible and hits his recievers in stride. He hit different recievers and was always hitting the open man. He is big, 6-4 235 and was a man among boys on that field. If he only had an Oline who could have blocked for him in the second half, he would have done some serious damage.

I believe in this kid. Forget the competition thing, thats what they said about Rothlisberger. This kid had a 134 passer rating before the syracuse game. He is the real deal. No lie. Dont let the word get out to much, especially if we start winning games.

2. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

I think it's Orlovsky....and he's not a secret. ;)

3. Phinsdude

Phinsdude Pro Bowler

Speilman was checking him out, but who knows.

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime FinHeaven Elite

5. FinsNYanksFan13

FinsNYanksFan13 Banned on Points Hammered

I'd rather have Leinart or Rodgers!

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Orlovsky is ok, but I also would put Leinart or Rodgers ahead of him.....I have also seen Kyle Orton and he is not looking too hot as of late. ASU Andrew Walters and Chang of Hawaii are also guys with big stats, but I would pass on them....I think if Leinart or Rodgers are available, I would take one of them. Leinart being a left hander would be a nice addition.

7. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Call me a homer, but if we are taking a quaterback with our number one pick, then take Rodgers! This kid has got an arm, and will throw it away when he has nothing, rather then forcing it! This kid I believe is the real deal!:cooldude:

8. MikeO

MikeO Premium Member Donator

The fact UCONN had 35 first downs in 1 game impress you?! LOL.

This kid is ok, but I wouldn't go crazy about him.

9. FinsNYanksFan13

FinsNYanksFan13 Banned on Points Hammered

i'm not crazy about any of the QB's in this upcoming draft but if I had to go with one, it would be Leinart of Rodgers with Leinart getting the nod if u had a gun to my head!

10. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Rodgers right now tops my list with Leinart a close second. If we pass on those two then I hope we take either Orton or maybe this Orlovsky kid.

11. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 STAY LOW RUN FREE

I like rasheed marshall out of WV hes a nice qb who reminds me of Aaron Brooks but smarter with the reads.

12. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

I definitely have to check him out. I like Rodgers, but wasn't overly impressed with him this past weekend. He looks good, but I don't know if he's a top pick.

They're comparing Orlavsky to Roethlesburger. Big, Strong, strong armed QB that dominates Big East competition. He may be a good mid-first round pick.

From NFL Draft Blitz...

13. Deez Nutz

Deez Nutz Banned Hammered

Future QB...

I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.

14. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, one more thing: His first name is DAN!

15. Jaj

Jaj What you say?

Actually I think a rookie QB could start for us if he's well protected and plays smart like Rothy.

16. SECfootball

SECfootball Pro Bowler

Matt Jones is a senior this year, so he will be in the upcoming draft. Even as a Razorbacks fan, it's tough to see Jones as a franchise QB. He is a playmaker though, and very quick on his feet. I just don't think he's the type of player that could make the NFL transition well.

17. killswitch

killswitch engage

I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.

18. Phinsfan1980

Phinsfan1980 A True Fan

My current list. Not that I count for anything.:)
    1. Rodgers Cal
    2. Orlovsky UConn
    3. Leinart USC I am worried about his arm strength and if his production may be due to the talent around him.
    4. Walter ASU plays well with little talent on his team. They cant run the ball... that sounds familiar :cry:
    5 Orton Purdue Seems to crumble under pressure. That scares me alot. Ryan Leaf anyone?
    6 Greene Geogia

Once again this is all just my opinion

19. Phinsfan1980

Phinsfan1980 A True Fan

I have watched a few Cal games and I think Aaron Rodgers is the real deal. :cooldude:

20. Deez Nutz

Deez Nutz Banned Hammered

I thought he was a senior, but a couple of people have told me he was a shophomore, so I thought I was wrong. I really like him though. He's fast.

21. sports24/7

sports24/7 Bleeder of Aqua and Orange

People don't think there are people in this class that are franchise QBs, but there are. There actually might be more depth this year than in previous years. You just don't hear about the Derek Andersons, the Dan Orlovsky's, the Charlie Frye's, and other guys like that. Add guys like Rogers, Leinart, Walter, and Orton and thats not a bad class.

22. jbond

jbond Pro Bowler

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/qb/danorlovsky.html

Weakness:

Sometimes shows too much faith in his arm and will force throws into tight coverage...(Fiedler)......Doesn't throw the long ball well....(Fiedler)...Average mobility in the pocket.....(Fiedler)....and isn't a threat to run...(Fiedler, not a 'Vick')....Will get flustered under pressure...(Fiedler)....Has a long release...(Fiedler)....Takes a lot of big hits....(Fiedler).

:lol:

I haven't reviewed all the QBs available yet and the above is just having fun.

23. touborg

touborg Board Linebacker

Doesn't sound too bad.

24. Shamboubou

Shamboubou THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

Yeah but these are usually the drafts that you get your best QB's out of, when your not crazy about any of them there usually comes good QB's out of a draft like that.

25. Shamboubou

Shamboubou THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

:roflmao: we might as well just give them the job and save the waste of time from the battle.

26. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Yes lets keep bringing in other peoples scraps, lets waste another 5 years.

You see Big Ben for Pittsburgh, he could have been ours.

If Aaron Rodgers comes out draft him.

27. PhinBeck

PhinBeck Perennial All-Pro

Sounds intriguing, Anyone that reminds of Roeth I like, Big Ben is teh real deal. Orlovcky could be good. Rodgers would be my other choice. Leinart, I havent seen much of. How strong is his arm?

28. VManis

VManis Starter

Being a big Dolphin fan and a UConn alumn this

would be my dream sceanrio. I think there is a real possibility that it happens. Rick went up to UConn to scout DO and came back talking about their LT which he thought might make a good NFL guard. Like the original post said UConn's OL isn't much to talk about so why was Rick changing the subject? Perhaps he was trying not to hype Orlovski any more than he arleady has been.

One thing that I think went unmentioned is that Dan is the son and has a coach and has a good football IQ, so much so that he has free reign to audible.

29. MissMeth

MissMeth Miss July

I'd rather have Shane Boyd (Kentucky)... he's not well known but the dude is good. Has the heart we need, the ambition and talent. People dont know about him because he has a sorry team around him but this guy is amazing.

30. upsman

upsman Well-Known Member

hmmm john kitna now that's an idea!

31. KyPhinfan13

KyPhinfan13 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you're wrong about Boyd. I live in Kentucky and he's on T.V. every Saturday. He probably won't be drafted. Remember, Lorenzen started over him, and where's Jared now?

32. KyPhinfan13

How in the world could we have gotten Big Ben? I do believe that he was drafted about 8-9 spots before we picked.

33. MissMeth

MissMeth Miss July

Better for us... it makes him cheaper and we dont have to give up a draft pick for him. I dont know what happened last year but i know this kid has talent. Considering the horrible team he has, he still plays quite decent. I think this dude is worth something... he just needs to be given a chance.

34. FinSolari

FinSolari Scout Team

Does anyone know if any of the Uconn games will be televised nationally? I'm very curious and anxious to see Dan play.

35. musphinzfan

musphinzfan Pro Bowler

Orvlosky is NOT Big Ben.He cant move like him and he cant throw the deep ball as good as him.The 1 biggest problem with ORV is he just whips the ball and has no touch on it.

36. KyPhinfan13

Probably won't even be drafted. I'd be surprised if he was anything higher than a 6th rounder. Boyd has no touch on his passes, he tries to force the ball into coverage, and doesn't use his natural ability (running) to his advantage. Ask any UK fan, they'll tell you the same--he stinks.

The only reason he's gotten where he has was because he played on a power-house high school team in Lexington. He had great players around him.

But you're right, he's worth something. I'd trade Fiedler for him in a heartbeat as long as Dave could be thrown in the deal as well.

37. MissMeth

MissMeth Miss July

Now i wouldnt say he stinks... thats over-doing it.

38. MarinoEqualsGod

MarinoEqualsGod The man, the myth, the legend

HOMER!!!!!:D

39. dolphinheel

dolphinheel A True Fan

Another guy to pick up 4rd or 5th round

Darian Durant, UNC. I'm sure most Miami fans are familiar with him now! I think this guy will be a big time QB in a few years.

40. KyPhinfan13

If you want to see a QB who's got some talent that plays in the state of Kentucky, look at Louisville...they've got two QB's with MAJOR potential. Brian Brohm (Jeff's little brother) and Stephan Lefors. Lefors is an interesting story in that his whole family is deaf. He's had to learn to be very receptive to everything around him. It might not help him on the field, but who knows?