Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

MissMeth said:
I'd rather have Shane Boyd (Kentucky)... he's not well known but the dude is good. Has the heart we need, the ambition and talent. People dont know about him because he has a sorry team around him but this guy is amazing.

Sorry, but you're wrong about Boyd. I live in Kentucky and he's on T.V. every Saturday. He probably won't be drafted. Remember, Lorenzen started over him, and where's Jared now?

BlueFin said:
Yes lets keep bringing in other peoples scraps, lets waste another 5 years.

You see Big Ben for Pittsburgh, he could have been ours.

If Aaron Rodgers comes out draft him.

How in the world could we have gotten Big Ben? I do believe that he was drafted about 8-9 spots before we picked.

KyPhinfan13 said:
Sorry, but you're wrong about Boyd. I live in Kentucky and he's on T.V. every Saturday. He probably won't be drafted.

Better for us... it makes him cheaper and we dont have to give up a draft pick for him. I dont know what happened last year but i know this kid has talent. Considering the horrible team he has, he still plays quite decent. I think this dude is worth something... he just needs to be given a chance.

Does anyone know if any of the Uconn games will be televised nationally? I'm very curious and anxious to see Dan play.

Orvlosky is NOT Big Ben.He cant move like him and he cant throw the deep ball as good as him.The 1 biggest problem with ORV is he just whips the ball and has no touch on it.

MissMeth said:
Better for us... it makes him cheaper and we dont have to give up a draft pick for him. I dont know what happened last year but i know this kid has talent. Considering the horrible team he has, he still plays quite decent. I think this dude is worth something... he just needs to be given a chance.

Probably won't even be drafted. I'd be surprised if he was anything higher than a 6th rounder. Boyd has no touch on his passes, he tries to force the ball into coverage, and doesn't use his natural ability (running) to his advantage. Ask any UK fan, they'll tell you the same--he stinks.

The only reason he's gotten where he has was because he played on a power-house high school team in Lexington. He had great players around him.

But you're right, he's worth something. I'd trade Fiedler for him in a heartbeat as long as Dave could be thrown in the deal as well.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Call me a homer, but if we are taking a quaterback with our number one pick, then take Rodgers! This kid has got an arm, and will throw it away when he has nothing, rather then forcing it! This kid I believe is the real deal!:cooldude:
HOMER!!!!!:D

Another guy to pick up 4rd or 5th round

Darian Durant, UNC. I'm sure most Miami fans are familiar with him now! I think this guy will be a big time QB in a few years.

MissMeth said:
Now i wouldnt say he stinks... thats over-doing it.

If you want to see a QB who's got some talent that plays in the state of Kentucky, look at Louisville...they've got two QB's with MAJOR potential. Brian Brohm (Jeff's little brother) and Stephan Lefors. Lefors is an interesting story in that his whole family is deaf. He's had to learn to be very receptive to everything around him. It might not help him on the field, but who knows?

I Bet A Rookie Qb For Us Can Compare Better Than The Way Feeley And Fiedler Have Played. Plus He Will Learn And Hit His Rookie Curves Pretty Fast And Be Much Better As Time Goes. So Id Say Hell Yes For A Rookie To Start For Us Next Year.

What Id Prefer Tho Is,we Get A Nice Rookie Qb,but Then Sign A Vet. Like Warner And Let Our Rook Devlop Under Warner And Learn The Nfl In Year One. And Then Let Him Start Like Palmer In Year Two,and By That Time The Oline Will Hopefully Be Improved

KyPhinfan13 said:
If you want to see a QB who's got some talent that plays in the state of Kentucky, look at Louisville...they've got two QB's with MAJOR potential. Brian Brohm (Jeff's little brother) and Stephan Lefors. Lefors is an interesting story in that his whole family is deaf. He's had to learn to be very receptive to everything around him. It might not help him on the field, but who knows?

Ha ha ha a deaf quarterback? We should definitely move up as far as necessary to make sure we get him. While we're at it, maybe there's a good one-legged running back playing DII ball somewhere.

KyPhinfan13 said:
He plays with a lot of heart but IMO he is too small for a NFL QB.Maybe he will be picked up by CFL .

Stefan LeFors​
HS_lefors_stefan-1.jpg

I think we have to go Q.B. with our #1 pick. We need to hedge our bet with Feeley and protect ourselves against A.J. not being the guy. Orlovsky is sure an exciting prospect with the size, the gun and the smarts. Start Feeley and groom Orlovsky and get rid of Fiedler. What's the deal with never playing Sage? Maybe replace him with a free agent veteran that's cost effective. Maybe Pitt will let Maddox go now that Ben has emerged as a star. Then go o-line till the cows come home. We've got to build the o-line through the draft but it's tough having all kids so I'm for going after 1 or 2 free agents especially LT and Center. New England threw everything they had at Ben and he cooly chopped them into pieces. Pittsburghs' o-line seemed very well coached and I didn't see missed assignments like we have here in Dolphinland. That o-line beat the tar out of the Pats and looked like they were having a good time doing it. Ben was ready with all the right checkoffs at all the right times. He didn't let the blitz stop his offense from rolling, moving the chains and just wearing out the Pats. Our Coaching isn't close to the Steelers. They were so prepared and ready. Tony Wise has to either do a better job fast or be fired. He is the o-line coach and we're making WAY to many mental errors out there on the field. Why aren't we super prepared and ready. I know we don't have the same talent as Pitt but this unit isn't poised and guys are coming in untouched. What's the deal Coach Wise? We've played better the last couple of weeks, I hope we're ready for the Jets.

Matt Jones will be a Jim Jenson type of player in the NFL. He will never be a quarterback and will likely never be a starter, but he is a player that will play great on special teams, play tight end, play H-Back, play receiver, and even be a gimmick player in goal line sets.

I'd really consider drafting him as a "jack-of-all-trades" type of player. The ultimate utility guy.

Back
Top Bottom