Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just watching the Mike and the Mad dog show on the YES network from WFAN radio in NYC. Rich Ackerman has just reported on the 20/20 update at 1:20pm that Pete Kendall has asked the Jests for his release. Signing Pete Kendall will almost completely solidify our OL. It will at least give us an avg. or above avg. starter at our weakest and most questionable position on the OL IMHO. If the Jests adhere to his request the phins should be trying to work a deal with him immediately.

Yeah I heard the same thing. Asking for a release and getting it are two completely different thigns tho. Hopefully it will increase the chances of it happening though.

if the Jets let him walk over to Davie then either:

a) they are the cheapest bastiches out there

or

b) Kendall aint worth it

Yeah I heard the same thing. Asking for a release and getting it are two completely different thigns tho. Hopefully it will increase the chances of it happening though.

Well if they dont want to release him he can always get Daunte to be his agent and whine to the NFLPA that he isnt being treated fairly to get a hearing scheduled.

BTW anyone who wants to hear this news for themselves and has YES network you can watch the 20/20 updates on the hour as well as 20 and 40 minutes after the hour. I think the show is streaming online too but, not sure if they broadcast the updates there. I always just watch it on YES. And of course if you live close enough to NYC to pick up WFAN on your radio. I believe the show is broadcast on a station in Albany and Tampa Fl. as well.

I don't see how that is news. From Newsday on JUNE 14TH:

"Veteran guard Pete Kendall addressed the media after practice today and told reporters that he wants to be traded or released from his current Jets contract. He gave a timeline of events since the end of the season that Kendall said brought him and the team to this point. Kendall said it is too early to say whether he will attend training camp in July, but he did have reservations about coming in for this weekend's mandatory minicamp. He also said he was in attendance for some of the early OTAs, but quickly realized that the contract situation was not going to be resolved so he left. He said the bridge is "not entirely burned" but made it clear that he is not happy to be here."

Pete Kendall news

Gentlemen...I was listening to 1050 in New York, they were talking about the Jets today and Camp activity. They spoke specifically of Kendall and his negative reaction to his current situation. What shocked me was what Mangini was doing to him in return...he has Kendall in the ROOKIE dorm and is running him with the SECOND team!!! If this guy is not traded or cut by the end of camp I'll be shocked. Mangini is a character, I don't know if bullying your vet. players is wise but who knows?...maybe it will end up well for us.

This really isn't too much news...Good pull though WV.

He's been asking to be traded or released if they wouldn't re-work his deal this whole time. It's still in the Jets hands. They can keep him and let him be 2nd string all the want, or they can wait to release him until before TC, along with many many other options.

I think he will be let go and he will eventually be a Dolphin.

im not real familiar with kendall is he gaurd or tackle? and would he start here in his respective position? thanks

Back
Top Bottom