Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

Left Guard, exactly what we need at this point.

Anyway yeah I can't reproduce the whole article but Kendall in an interview with Leberfield sounded off...saying he doesn't know why he's there, he told Mangini and Tannenbaum he no longer wants to be there, he thinks it is unsalvagable at this point...they have him in the rookie dorm, running with the second team, little immature stuff like that.

Sounds to me like the Jets are just trying to prevent the Fins from getting a full training camp with Kendall. They'll release him when he makes so much noise that they can't stand the distraction anymore.

Kendall knows much too much about the Jets offense for them to risk letting him go to Miami (or anywhere in the AFC East.) It would probably be worth 1.7MM just to leave him on the bench.

Hey Ck, would Kendall be a signifigant upgrade?

Yes! What we have right now--Liwenski and Mormino--isn't as good as Kendall. Kendall isn't a great gaurd, but he's serviceable and an upgrade over those two. I don't think Mormino is ready to take over the position--we'll see. Liwenski is backup, depth type of guy. Kendall did such a great job playing between 2 new guys at new positions---rookies. It's like the same situation we have now...Carey at LT and Satele at C. I think he's help shorten the learning curve those two. He'd be a great and welcomed addition.

I don't know if the Dolphins can make a deal here. What would they have to give up to get him and how much is it going to cost to pay him? It would be great to put some more veteran leadership on the line but they also have to consider the cap. Even if these rookies turn out to be good they may get taken to school this year. One thing that will be cool is if he is not playing for the Jets:evil:

Camp Mangini opens

Greetings from Day 1 of Camp Mangini. Things didn't get off to such a great start for the Jets. The early portion of the morning practice got real sloppy - in more ways than one. There were botched snaps, fumbled handoffs and a PDOV - a public display of vomiting. That's right, Leon Washington lost his, um, breakfast after completing a penalty lap for bobbling a handoff.

It has been an unsettling day all around. For the first time since 1997, the Jets didn't have their draft picks signed for the start of camp. First-round CB Darrelle Revis (14th overall pick) remains unsigned. This negotiation could get tricky because the players drafted in front of him and behind him (Rams DE Adam Carriker and Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons) signed five-year deals. Revis, too, prefers a five-year deal, but the Jets want to make it six years, the max allowed for a player selected in that spot.

Then, of course, there's the Pete Kendall situation. As expected, the disgruntled guard ripped the organization (yes, again), claiming he's being held hostage. Kendall, speaking after practice, said he doesn't want to be here. He believes the organization doesn't want him here, either. So why is he here? There are two reasons why the Jets haven't granted Kendall's request for a trade or released:

Despite his unhappiness with his contract, he's still a solid player and they don't want to unload an asset unless they can get something of value in return.

Vindictiveness. The Jets don't want to give Kendall a "Get Out of Jail Free" card because they know he'd sign immediately with divisional rival Miami.
When Kendall showed up to camp, he was assigned to the rookie dorm. Was that a statement by Mangini? The coach said it was an honest mix up.

"There's no conspiracy theory, there's no grassy knoll," Mangini said.

Anyway, Kendall complained to the coach and GM Mike Tannenbaum and his room got changed. In practice, he was relegated to second-team duty (another message?), although Mangini insisted that Kendall is rotating with Adrien Clarke.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Sounds like the Jets don't want him coming here. They know that he's still a very solid player, and if he came to Miami he'd be an immediate upgrade for us....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yes! What we have right now--Liwenski and Mormino--isn't as good as Kendall. Kendall isn't a great gaurd, but he's serviceable and an upgrade over those two. I don't think Mormino is ready to take over the position--we'll see. Liwenski is backup, depth type of guy. Kendall did such a great job playing between 2 new guys at new positions---rookies. It's like the same situation we have now...Carey at LT and Satele at C. I think he's help shorten the learning curve those two. He'd be a great and welcomed addition.

I believe Kendall was a Pro Bowler rather recently. Too lazy to actually look it up, but he's a fantastic left guard. Not the best in the league, but would automatically become one of our best linemen with Carey.

If he wants to act like a baby, he gets treated like one. He should take a page out of Curtis Martins book.

I can tell you one thing, he is going to get traded, the Jet's are not going to realease him.

I would hope that they traded him to the NFC.

The Jet's know he is a good player, you guys are acting like the Jet's dont know what they have.

I don't see how that is news. From Newsday on JUNE 14TH:

"Veteran guard Pete Kendall addressed the media after practice today and told reporters that he wants to be traded or released from his current Jets contract. He gave a timeline of events since the end of the season that Kendall said brought him and the team to this point. Kendall said it is too early to say whether he will attend training camp in July, but he did have reservations about coming in for this weekend's mandatory minicamp. He also said he was in attendance for some of the early OTAs, but quickly realized that the contract situation was not going to be resolved so he left. He said the bridge is "not entirely burned" but made it clear that he is not happy to be here."

Guess he needs a better agent.

funny how dolphin fans act like he's tony boselli in his prime and they all assume he'll come to miami. anyone consider that he might want to win?

Back
Top Bottom