Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

Kendal has been asking for his release for a bit now. I think most Jets fans agree that he would be great to keep around for depth, which is something we won't have much of if he goes. I'd prefer to see him on the bench all season myself.

If he wants to act like a baby, he gets treated like one. He should take a page out of Curtis Martins book.

I can tell you one thing, he is going to get traded, the Jet's are not going to realease him.

I would hope that they traded him to the NFC.

The Jet's know he is a good player, you guys are acting like the Jet's dont know what they have.

No kidding.

If every fin member that posts a comment on Kendall is salivating at the thought of him beefing up their poop line with his more than adequate talents, knows how good he is, its safe to guess the Jets do to.

I will be surprised if ends up in the AFC, let alone Miami.

This Mangini seems to be a spitefull sob. He's not going to satisfy anyone's demands that step over a line. I think Kendall did do that. But bunking him with rookies will be noticed by some proud players as a slap against one of their own.

So it could could backfire in his face. Humiliating vets. Even a loud mouth like Kendall.

funny how dolphin fans act like he's tony boselli in his prime and they all assume he'll come to miami. anyone consider that he might want to win?
Randy Mueller originally drafted him in seattle, so if he is cut there is definitly a connection to our team that would make him sign with us.

Randy Mueller originally drafted him in seattle, so if he is cut there is definitly a connection to our team that would make him sign with us.

But what does that have to do with winning? That man is going to ride the pine.

funny how dolphin fans act like he's tony boselli in his prime and they all assume he'll come to miami. anyone consider that he might want to win?

That doen't stop players from signing with Detroit now does it?
Anyway he's better than what we have at LG, it would be an upgrade.

But what does that have to do with winning? That man is going to ride the pine.
Players tend to care about money than winning, unless they have already made tons of money. You hardly ever see all-pro players \early in their career getting less money to play on a championship caliber team. They do it toward the end of their career after they already got their big pay day and are looking for a ring.

I believe Kendall was a Pro Bowler rather recently. Too lazy to actually look it up, but he's a fantastic left guard. Not the best in the league, but would automatically become one of our best linemen with Carey.

Pete has never made the pro Bowl. he is a GOOD player but declining, we'd take a hit if we let him go but not a huge hit.

I'm not on top of it, but it seems he took a paycut for the team and when it was their turn to make it right they declined. He would have a lot less ammo if your GM had kept his mouth shut eh... sooo, is it the one million he wants that is the root of all this? Mangini doesn't feel he's worth it?

I don't know the real story all i know is what has ben reported. Kendall claims he helped the Jets out by taking less money last year and that the Jets said they would take care of him but all we read last offseason was that kendall was going to be cut if he didn't take a paycut last year so I am not sure which story is true.

thanks Junky... I have ta tell ya, this is the kind of thing we have lived with for ten years.. it sure is refreshing that it "isn't" us this time. ... that it is a division opponent is even sweeter but my money says by seasons start Mangini will have it all figured out.. we will loooong for the days of Herm before Mangini is done there.

The problem is if Kendall is released are you willing to pay the top LG money that will take to land him. I mean you will not be the only team bidding for him. Your best bet is to trade for him.

Unhappy Jets G Pete Kendall spoke to the media yesterday and said nothing has changed, although he did receive increased reps with the first team in the morning session before sitting out the evening practice (leg/knee). His bitter contract battle has been the talk of the organization and he said he has gotten plenty of support. "I'm not going to put anybody's name on it, coaches and players -- people in the building -- have expressed to me that they hope I get what I want," Kendall said. "More than a few have expressed that they don't necessarily agree with what's going on. It's probably eye-opening for a lot of people." Kendall, who is scheduled to earn $1.7 million but wants $2.7 million, said he believes the organization is making an example out of him, letting everyone know who's boss. Kendall said he's thought about leaving camp but doesn't want to pay a $14,000-per-day fine. He said he still likes the game, he's just not pleased with his situation. Miami is believed to be his preferred destination.

Pete Kendall, the Jets' disgruntled guard, said yesterday he believes the Jets are making an example out of him and he said he thinks it's a matter of time before they release or trade him. "I won't be here,'' Kendall said. "It's just a matter of when. I don't think this is going to go on much longer. I feel in my heart that I'm going to get moved on. I believe that decision has already been made.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#1

Hope Kendall is released, we need as much help as we can get on the o-line..

My question if he is released do you think you are the only team that would be bidding for his services. And then would you be willing to shell out the money. Best chance to ensure you land him is work a trade out...

Back
Top Bottom