Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

finfever4ever said:
Also read that arrington wants to meet with Bengal coach M. Lewis. They know each other from when Lewis was Redskins Def. cord. So everyone should just sit tight. Could probably go on another week.:dolphins:

WHAT..................AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH:mad:

i heard that arrington didn't visit bengals dunno why (it was in his schedule..), but he didn't go... maybe he still wants to get an interview with coach M. Lewis..

PhinGeneral said:
Because you don't want a player who is prone to freelancing going after the QB when he has coverage responsibilities.
Sounds like bad coaching, I mean why give a guy like Arrington coverage resposibilities when he is a great pass rusher? I say turn the guy loose and watch him pile up the big plays...this guy is a difference maker.
Having a player like Arrington drop back in coverage is like making a QB like Marino hand the ball off all the time...wait, we all know what happend when Jimmy was running the show.:rolleyes2

I hope we get this guy he is a pure beast. He is the best linebacking prospect since Lawrence Taylor. If only he could be more displined.

Oh well we can always get a LB in the draft if Lavar won't doesn't want to come here.

I don't want to overpay when I think Greenway is going to be gone around at our pick and even if he is picked before us there our a lot of linebackers entering the draft and I am confident Saban can pick a gem!

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Sounds like bad coaching, I mean why give a guy like Arrington coverage resposibilities when he is a great pass rusher? I say turn the guy loose and watch him pile up the big plays...this guy is a difference maker.
Having a player like Arrington drop back in coverage is like making a QB like Marino hand the ball off all the time...wait, we all know what happend when Jimmy was running the show.:rolleyes2

I think some of you guys are missing the point here. The point isn't that Saban would turn Arrington into a coverage LB. He would obviously use his strengths most of the time. But Saban's (and Capers) defenses do use a lot of zone blitz and disguises. Which means that often enough he will drop back into coverage, and it would be important that he does since it would usually mean that someone else is coming from an odd position. Watch some Dolphin film from this past season and see JT drop into coverage now and again. It keeps teams off balance.

If Arrington did nothing but rush the passer and blitz then eventually it becomes much easier for opposing offenses to account for. But Arrington has to be a good soldier and do what he's told instead of just freelancing. That is why you don't pay the guy per sack.

indifin said:
Ihope your right,was he comeing back in today?
Arrington will be in Jax tomorrow probably spend the night. He had scheduling conflicts and that is why he didn't meet with the Bengals. So as far as I know to this point if he doesn't sing with us by tonite or with the Jags by Sunday, look for him to head to Cincy beginning of next week with a quick stop back in Miami on the way.:dolphins:

PhinGeneral said:
I think some of you guys are missing the point here. The point isn't that Saban would turn Arrington into a coverage LB. He would obviously use his strengths most of the time. But Saban's (and Capers) defenses do use a lot of zone blitz and disguises. Which means that often enough he will drop back into coverage, and it would be important that he does since it would usually mean that someone else is coming from an odd position. Watch some Dolphin film from this past season and see JT drop into coverage now and again. It keeps teams off balance.

If Arrington did nothing but rush the passer and blitz then eventually it becomes much easier for opposing offenses to account for. But Arrington has to be a good soldier and do what he's told instead of just freelancing. That is why you don't pay the guy per sack.
Lawrence Taylor freelanced and went to numerous pro bowls...how about Junior Seau, he freelanced as well and will be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.

My point is....why not let LaVar Arrington freelance as well??? He has all the tools the other two LB's I just mentioned did, let him roam and attack the ball carrier, that is his game. :dolphins: LaVar...come to Miami and help us win a championship. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom