Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

Roman529 said:
I hope Arrington doesn't pull a "Drew Brees" and get greedy, not that I blame him for taking the money, but I think we have more to offer Lavar in Miami.

I think the fat that Brees failed his physical more than the greed was the reason he's a Saint and not a phin.

DAMN, I hope Lavar enjoys JAX, this sucks, we should have signed him days ago. Well, I guess we still have a chance, but that chance is getting slimmer and slimmer, by the minute!!:mad:

Milkmoney21 said:
If He doesnt sign today jax will offer more money than us and he sign there

jacksonville has already said they arent going to pay him more than what they gave henderson and stroud already which i think is about 5 million a year.

Roman529 said:
I hope Arrington doesn't pull a "Drew Brees" and get greedy, not that I blame him for taking the money, but I think we have more to offer Lavar in Miami.

I'd like to think that too, but Jacksonville could be a contender sooner then us.

its always a rook that starts these kind of threads....im tired of hearing about LaVar, sign with a champ...or sign with a chump...i dont care.

This could be very good news. It may be that Saban convinced Arrington to come back to Miami after the Jags make their offer to give us a chance to match like he did with Brees. It seems that Miami is his first choice and assuming Jax doesn't offer him a rediculous contract (and it appears they won't) we may have a good shot at him.

yeah it seems far fetched right now. but lets not give up hope! its not only what he makes this year but what he will make next and the year after and who he thinks is in a better situation for the future and thats miami! and he knows that a 3-4 will help him out more than a 4-3 and he wants to go somewhere where he knows that. i think he is just waiting on the offers from both squads and dosnt want to make a quick desicion b/c its his future. you also have to look at that we still have just as much oppurtunity as the next squad to nab him if not more so lets see what happens. and i think the giants have something to do with this hold up so lets just hope and maybe he wants to be a part of this great tradition for miami football baby!

SR 7 said:
I believe by days end, LaVar will be a Phin. jags aren't going to pay him more then 5 a year and in miami they said he wont have to carry the load and that it might give him the better situation.
hope your right, but its getting late 11:57....

Roman529 said:
jacksonville had 12 wins last year. it's far from a moneygrab. they're arguably more in line for a championship run than we are.

i saw somewher like fox sports about the 2nd visit somewhere. but man i would love to have him but if not well theres still other players out there and well we could sign more than 1 for lavar money so if he chooses otherwise than well we still have options. dont get me wrong i would love this guy here! and i live about 1-2 hrs away from the wash dc/baltimore area here in maryland so i have been a fan of his since the penn state days!!!!!

MarinoForPres said:
and why would he play for jack del rio when we have the man among gods in nick saban!

Maybe he doesn't want to play for another hard-*** coach? Didn't work out to well for him last year.

Honestly, I am not going to be dissappointed with the Dolphins if he don't sign him. Not with a Peterson-like price tag.

Guys with questions as big as Arrington's shouldn't be taking up that much cap space, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom