MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR

ckparrothead said:
Well it's rather simple. Two rookie safeties in the Tampa Two.

RUN the BALL.

They're going to play their Tampa Two all day, keeping it simple for the rookies by just having them maintain coverage over top. They won't get cute with them by having one of them come into the box and disguising all their coverages, etc.

So what do you do? RUN the BALL.

I never thought I'd have to implore Mike Mularkey of all people to run the ball more.

Sounds logical, but right now we couldn't run the ball against our practice squad. We should do better than vs. the Steelers but it still won't be great. Wes Welker should have another great day. That is his game running all the underneath stuff! I just hope we stay patient and don't force the deep ball.

BradTheBillsFan said:
Before you get too excited, our safeties played extremely well last week against the Pats. In fact, Donte Whitner had an interception, which he actually ran in for a touchdown near the end of the game before it was called back due to a suspect block in the back penalty. Still got the INT, but obviously not the TD.

Against...what receivers? Troy Brown? Isn't he a cornerback? LOL. And Reche Caldwell, spurrier era WR from UF...mmm, mmm, good.

Oh wait I forgot about their secret weapon, Bam Childress!

BradTheBillsFan said:
Before you get too excited, our safeties played extremely well last week against the Pats. In fact, Donte Whitner had an interception, which he actually ran in for a touchdown near the end of the game before it was called back due to a suspect block in the back penalty. Still got the INT, but obviously not the TD.
Trade you J. Allen and next years #1 for Whitner. We can't never sign our 1st round picks anyway so we might as well get someone that can help now and save us the trouble next year of letting someone else unproven and questionable rob us.:evil:

ckparrothead said:
I never thought I'd have to implore Mike Mularkey of all people to run the ball more.

LOL; great quote. Basically that quote means you haven't been paying attention. I always kind of wondered why fish fans seemed to so openly embrace the hiring of MM. Was it that you know how aweful he is, but once he's a fish he's part of the family? Or was it that you just don't know how bad he is?

In answer to your quote, imagine how Buffalo fans felt when the Bills were on the two yard line up 21 points against their number one rival, and the dumb **** had a first year starter throwing the ball with a huge O line, very good blocking FB, and a big running back that had already had great success that day? All in the second half of the game...... LOL, you guys are in for a very frustrating season on offense.

Nappy Roots said:
Ko Simpson.....i said when drafted, and ill stand by it. is the steel of that draft...in the 6th right? thats ridiculous.

:yeahthat:

I was hoping for him in the 2nd before we traded for Daunte.

BradTheBillsFan said:

I don't really look at this as a good thing for us personally. Simpson and Whitner will make a great safety duo for years to come. I was very disappointed to see them both go to Buffalo.

4 Rookies will be starting for the Bills defense, Spikes is out.

SS Daunte Whitner 1st round, FS Ko Simpson 4th round, DT Kyle Williams 5th round, and OLB Kieth Elison 6th round will be starting.

Rookie DT John McCargo will make it 5 when he rotates in and out with Larry Triplett.
Bills' Spikes, Vincent out for Sunday

Leo Roth
Staff writer

(September 13, 2006) — ORCHARD PARK – The Buffalo Bills are preparing to play the Miami Dolphins on Sunday without veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes and veteran free safety Troy Vincent.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060913/SPORTS/60913018/1007

It appears Spikes has the best chance of playing against the Dolphins – he did some light jogging across the field.
From the article, not out just yet.

So? Not to be a SA or anything but you guys always get good picks (unlike us so far) no matter who is coaching. Our 1st round pick is a special teamer while yours is getting picks is one example.

Nappy Roots said:
whats the deal with McCargo and Williams. why is Williams ahead of McCargo?

McCargo is a 3 technique DT and he isnt better than Larry Tripplet, but he plays alot. Kyle Williams on the other hand is the best NT we have on the team and he plays over the center in our defense.

At times we had both rookies playing against NE's veteran OL. Add that to 2 rookie safties and a rookie OLB, we had 5 out 7 players up the middle playing as rookies, Fletcher and Crowell were the only Vet's.

Miami should be able to take adantage with Ronnie Brown, but Miami's OL isnt NE's OL, and NE's OL couldnt block our DL against the pass.

DaBills4life said:
McCargo is a 3 technique DT and he isnt better than Larry Tripplet, but he plays alot. Kyle Williams on the other hand is the best NT we have on the team and he plays over the center in our defense.

gotcha. figured it had to be that.

Very big blow if Spikes is out - I remember his first year the Sun night game against Miami he was featured on pre game and was shooting his mouth off about how they were going to dominate Miami. He got lit up that game and did nothing. Very good LB though when he is not running his mouth.

As for the Bills' draft - they had the 8th overall compared to our #16. Big difference. Whitner was viewed as a very questionable pick that high. Let the season play out for he is judged so highly. Also, why the hell didn't they pick up Leinhart? That IMO was a huge mistake for them. A reach at safety or a NFL ready QB - no brainer but then again when you have an 85 year old GM and an 88 year old owner running the show what do you expect - oh I forgot you have Dick Jauron as coach. Opera Man is not going to get the job done - no way!

Rich22 said:
Very big blow if Spikes is out - I remember his first year the Sun night game against Miami he was featured on pre game and was shooting his mouth off about how they were going to dominate Miami. He got lit up that game and did nothing. Very good LB though when he is not running his mouth.

As for the Bills' draft - they had the 8th overall compared to our #16. Big difference. Whitner was viewed as a very questionable pick that high. Let the season play out for he is judged so highly. Also, why the hell didn't they pick up Leinhart? That IMO was a huge mistake for them. A reach at safety or a NFL ready QB - no brainer but then again when you have an 85 year old GM and an 88 year old owner running the show what do you expect - oh I forgot you have Dick Jauron as coach. Opera Man is not going to get the job done - no way!
So Whitner was more questionable than a player from the college that has put more busts out than anyone(Tenn) and didn't play his senior year because of a dislocated hip?

Back
Top Bottom